All reviews buffalo wild wings fire pit hand written hotel appears to be parking lot fantastic stay in great condition free beer manager's reception very clean hotel front desk staff waffles i highly recommend this hotel fresh fruit two queen beds choose this hotel workout room
Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We are here for the Nebraska JV State baseball tournament. Staff has been very accommodating. The 2 queen suite is very spacious and everything has been very clean. The complimentary breakfast was great! Scrambled eggs, sausage, toast, bagels, muffins, bread, fresh fruit, chobani yogurts, granola, fresh made waffles, coffee bar; etc. fitness room is great, clean pool and a great patio/ fire pit outside. We highly recommend this hotel! It is another great hotel run by the Younes Family of Kearney!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Diane B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank you for such a great review from someone who clearly spends a lot of nights in hotels. Thank you for being our guests and for taking the time to share your story. We look forward to having you as our guest again!

Reviewed July 20, 2017

I arrived at 10 PM tired from a long road trip for business. I was also not pleased that I had to drive seven miles out of my way to find something better than a Motel 6. The checkin was seamless and the man who checked me in was very sweet. The lobby was spotless and very elegant looking. I looked forward to a well deserved rest.

When I got to my room, it smelled like cat urine despite the fact that it appeared clean and pleasant. I had been told I had the last room available so it didn't seem worth it to complain. I steeled myself to the smell and decided to take a shower and cover myself with good scents. For $130 a night (more on that later), I think I should get 1) a shower cap, 2) a bath mat, and 3) a bathroom fan. None of those things were provided. The shower head dispensed water with some sort of "massage" feature, I guess? It was weak though, so even my shower was unpleasant, as the water pressure was variable and odd feeling.

The fridge and microwave are located at floor level in the room. I pity anyone with mobility issues who needs to store and/or cook food here.

The bed felt comfy but I woke after 5 hours hurting all over. I decided to end this torture, still gagging from the scent in the room, and got ready to leave.

Breakfast was just an insult. There was an amazing variety of items to choose from, and again, the environment was pretty and pleasant, but the "fresh" pineapple was brown, the oatmeal tasted like cardboard, and the cheese omelet was so rubbery that I couldn't even manage one bite of it.

Now that I am home, I see that I have been charged $170 for this nightmare of a one night stay. The paper bill which was slipped under my door gives a total of $$148.46.
I am about to call and see if I can get any sort of explanation for this. I will update as needed, but I will certainly never stay in a Fairfield Inn again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Diane B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Dear Ms. Gass,

It is our goal with each and every guest that walks through our doors, to provide the best lodging experience possible. It sounds like we came up short with several items that did not meet your expectations and they are important areas of concern. I can understand your frustration about your bill. As my front desk manager and sales manager both explained to you, the larger amount was an authorization when you use your debit card and the folio you received under your door was the actual charge. The authorization falls off after the bank releases it.
I definitely will share your suggestions with our management team about the additional amenities that you would like to see in our hotel rooms. I will also look into the odor you smelled in your room because we do not allow pets in our hotel. Thank you for bringing that to our attention!
Thank you again for taking the time to voice your experience and we hope you give us another chance on your next trip to or through Grand Island Nebraska.

Diane B

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We stayed here while traveling with our young sons to visit their great grandparents. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Thank you for the lovely stay! We look forward to staying here the next time we are in Grand Island.

We really enjoyed borrowing DVDs from the front desk for some fun family movie nights.

Tip- breakfast is the usual Fairfield fare, but there is a Starbucks less than a mile away if you need a little more variety or powerful coffee : )

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay! It is so rewarding to receive such great feedback. A very sincere thank you!! We strive to make our guests feel welcome, comfortable and relaxed. We are thrilled that you have chosen our hotel as your home away from home and we welcome you back any time. Thank you again for the compliments and for being our guest!

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

The hotel appears to be newer. The plane was clean and the staff very friendly. Had booked several rooms for a business meeting and everything was as expected with no incident. Breakfast was good. Would stay again

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

We appreciate your loyalty to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Brand! Our Fairfield Inn & Suites Team works incredibly hard to make sure every guest has a satisfactory stay! Thank you for taking the time to log on to Trip Advisor and let us know how your stay was! Thank you again for being our guests and for your comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2017 via mobile

I regularly travel for work and this was the nicest Fairfield I have experienced. I used my points and got a suite! So much room for the family. Hotel was extremely clean and well maintained and quiet. Breakfast area was kept clean and well stocked by staff. Friendly front desk staff. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Diane B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Grand Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

Kari,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We love to hear back from our guests. I am glad you were able to stay in one of our spacious bedroom suites. They are a perfect fit for traveling families! We hope you will join us again the next time you are passing through!

Thanks Again!