“Nice, friendly, clean”

Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Grand Island
Saskatoon, Canada
“Nice, friendly, clean”
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Was in Grand Island on business, stayed 2 nights. Hotel was clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, rate was good. Pool area seemed clean, but I did not use it this time.
The lounge was a bit 70's, but the staff was friendly if a bit slow.
The restaurant was typical Holiday Inn, average food for selection and quality; service was dreadfully slow, so much that our team had to delay our meeting start times on both days because breakfast took over an hour.
All in all I would stay there again; but would probably plan to eat elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Nebraska, USA
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed here for a convention. The staff said the hotel had been renovated, but it definitely showed wear! I usually stay at Hampton hotels, but decided to stay close to the activities. I inquired about the cost and said I'd think about it. Well, good thing I did because 2 hours later it was $20 cheaper! We heard every noise -- from the young kids running in the halls, to the adults laughing as they drank in the courtyard. The wi-fi connections never happened, even though the staff said they "had routers everywhere." This hotel is in a shady neighborhood, so I was glad I didn't have to leave at night. The food was good, but when you tacked on the $20 breakfast bill, I would have saved a lot of money by driving across town to Hampton. I would suggest one of the newer hotels on the other side of town before this one. I prefer clean, crisp and no funky smells at my hotel. I found some short & curlies in the bed. Kind of grossed me out.

Room Tip: If you want quiet at night, don't stay in a room surrounding the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank yellowmom2919
Nebraska
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Stayed here recently for a meeting. Check-in was friendly quick and efficient. The room was spacious, clean, excellent bed and bedding. The meeting food service was delicious. The only neg was slow wi-fi in my room but that's all too common at almost every hotel. There is also a nice "holidome" type pool area complete with putt putt golf. Families would want a poolside room.

Room Tip: It's a very big hotel, ask to stay up front if you want to be close to the pool area and meeting...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This Holiday Inn is still in very good shape. The rooms were clean and the restaurant food was very good. Their nightly specials are very affordable. Great staff here too and is one of the best places to stay in town. Great location close to several other great restaurants.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We all loved this Holiday Inn! Rooms were new, clean, big, and very nice! Also, they had an indoor entertainment area which included a large pool, hot tub, small miniture golf area, pool table, ping-pong, and a game room. There was a restaurant on site that had a nice breakfast buffet (not included with stay but for $5 at time of check-in they gave $20 voucher). Staff was pleasant and helpful and alll this for $117!! By far, the best place we stayed on this trip and the best deal for the money!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Okemos, Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Grand Island as an overnight stop while driving across country. We reserved a room while we were on the road that evening using Priority Club points. When we arrived, the staff was friendly, and told us they had a problem with their computer (Uh-oh!) and the computer said they had a king room available, it was not correct (now we were really worried!)...........so they had upgraded us to a suite. (Yay!)

The hotel is an older Holiday Inn that used to be several buildings, so there are some hallways that have been added onto the ouside of the former outdoor walkways. So the hotel is a bit confusing, with hallways going every which way. The Holidome area is spacious and there were a lot of families having a great time.

The room was a pretty standard suite - living room area, seperate bedroom (with glass french doors, so it's not private if you have someone staying on the sofa bed), small fridge and microwave, and a good sized bathroom. It is an older hotel, but pretty well maintained and everything was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, with a choice of pillows.

Despite the hotel being full with families, softball teams and others, our rooom was surprisingly quiet.

Two things to note:
1. There are no elevators - so if you have any issues with mobility or hauling your luggage, ask for a first floor room!
2. There is a nightstand on only one side of the bed! Do they think only one person has eyeglasses, cell phone, book, etc???

The price quote online was $129 for the night, but it was definitely a great deal using points!

Room Tip: If you have any mobility issues, ask for first floor room, there are no elevators!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We have always stayed a couple times a year just as a nice family getaway, I called to make reservations and was told the price would be 119 for friday and 134 for saturday. When I asked why the drastic increase, I was told because they were very busy for a big fight event in town. I hope they continue to have plenty of big events because my family and friends will never stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank familyofpoollovers
MIDWESTERNNE, General Manager at Hotel Grand Conference Center fka Midtown, responded to this review, 24 February 2011
We are very sorry that our Property Management system had a glich from the start up of a new program and it was changing some sporatic rates between the two programs. We adjusted this problem and rolled back the rates to the proper published rates for all reservations for this weekend period. It was not happening on any other dates, just Febr. 25, 26. THis has not ever occured at our property and actually I was not aware of this until I got this review that popped up in my e-mail so I appreciate someone bringing this to my attention. I'm sorry the desk clerk was new and did not alert anyone about the fact that the days had different rates for different days....And other clerks, as well as myself , did not notice this was going on..Tahnks for helping us get this fixed......Midtown HOliday Inn General Manager