“Very nice hotel but the walls were a little thin”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hastings
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Hastings
Omaha, NE
“Very nice hotel but the walls were a little thin”
Reviewed 15 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the State Volleyball Tournament (I'm a coach). Everything about this hotel was absolutely great from check in (where the staff provided me a highlighted chart of all rooms for my party) to breakfast (including eggs and sausage and pancakes!) except for the noise coming from the room next to mine.

The room next to me had a door that could have connected us, but the girls in that room with with a different team. They were making quite a bit of noise from about 10-11 p.m. so I decided to call the front desk. The woman who answered was very nice and said she'd get them to quiet down (I said I knew they were just excited players, but that I still needed a little sleep). I hadn't even laid back down when I heard the phone ring next door (I had heard someone on a speaker phone from a cell phone earlier so that's how thin we're talking on the walls). The girls immediately quieted down, but never answered the phone. Then after a few minutes they got a little noisy again and I heard someone knock loudly on their door. They never answered it, but they stopped making noise after that.

The pool and hot tub were nice. There were adequate towels and places to sit and chat around the pool.

I looked into the fitness room and wasn't impressed, but wasn't horrified. There were a few treadmills and a bike and an elliptical. No weights or other equipment that I saw.

The breakfast was really nice. I hate it when hotels have no protein offered for breakfast, but this place had eggs (hard boiled and scrambled) and sausage patties (also gravy but I didn't try that). They had pancakes and the other usual fare as well.

Overall the place was absolutely great, and if I knew I wouldn't have a noisy bunch in the room next door, I'd stay here again for sure!

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank LVTHGME
HastingsHIEManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hastings, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
Hastings was THRILLED to be part host of the State Volleyball Tournaments for the first time ever....and we were even more thrilled to see your post about your stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking time to share about your experience. Hope to see you next year in the tourney and as our guest. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kansas
Reviewed 27 September 2010

As a regular business traveler I have been bad about writing reviews for hotels that I stay at. Well this hotel deserves to be recognized for its excellence. I stayed at this hidden gem on 09-20-10 and probably the biggest compliment is to say--I didn't want to leave.
It's clean, comfortable, actually has wired high speed internet, that is high speed---not like other hotels that say they have it and then it's slower than slow when you need it.
They have a great workout/fitness room--which is very important to me. They have the expanded Holiday Express breakfast but this place blew me away---instead of a waffle maker, they actually have an automatic pancake making machine---talk about being different--WOW!
Rooms are well lit, plenty of plug ins for us business travelers with lap tops and blackberry's. Plenty of plug in's right on or next to your bedside dresser.
My matress was so comfortable I slept like a baby and woke refreshed.

Last but not least---The staff was unbelievably friendly and caring---This place gets it and knows what exceptional customer service is all about. Destiny and Cheryl at the front desk went out of their way to make me feel welcomed---and that's what exceptional customer service is all about.
For example: I was going to miss the weekday hospitality reception by 10 minutes. I called on my cell and told Destiny that I would miss it and asked if she could save me one glass of red wine so i could enjoy it while eating my dinner watching Monday night football. She said sure---and asked if she could save me some munchies.
When I arrived Cheryl checked me in and I told her about my glass of wine and she went and got it, put the drink and munchies on a tray. While she goes and gets it she hands me a basket of candy, etc to pick a few items.
Every staff member I came across checking in; checking out; in the breakfast area demonstrated a caring friendly attitude. You can tell they understand the importance of customer service and I commend them for this.

For any of you reading this and think that I am blowing smoke or wondering if I'm for real---the answer is yes. I have professionally taught customer service classes for years--and this hotel and staff is one that I would use in any of my classes as an example of Exceptional Customer Service.

Keep up the Great work!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank gumba56ks
HastingsHIEManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hastings, responded to this review, 4 October 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your delightful experience at our hotel. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff as well as Destiny and Cheryl, as reinforcement to continue efforts to make the Hastings Holiday Inn Express a leader in excellence. A very deep hearted “ thank you” for such a wonderful review!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2010

I began my trip to Hastings back in the middle of May, 2010 for business. My colleague originally booked me into a different hotel here in town ,"The Quality" . After a two week stay there putting up with the dirty room, stink in the air, constant noise throughout the night and non-responsive staff, I contacted the Holiday Inn and had a great first conversation with one of their reps. As I was leaving town for a week and returning, I made my reservation at this time.
Upon my return to Hastings, I was greeted at the hotel by a very friendly staff and given the complete "welcome", explanation all of the hotel amenities and services, as well as local information.
Now five months later, I'm still staying here and have been made to feel like part of the "family" here.
All facilities have their ups and downs at times, but I have to say that this is one of most accommodating hotels that I have ever stayed at, and I travel alot.
The rooms are great, with comfy beds, fridge and microwave I even have a couch and coffee table that make it feel almost apartment like.
Fantastic breakfast, great Managers "Happy Hour" Monday through Thursday (Wish it was all week!)
If your headed to Hastings, this is the place to stay, although, be certain to reserve in advance as they do fill up often, and rightly so, best place in town.
Thanks to all of you there, and I don't have to list your names, you know who you are!
B

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bksilver
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such wonderful things about the staff, amenities and hotel. I know you are a busy person and it means lot to us that you took the time to write such a wonderful review. It is such a compliment to hear the wonderful things you reported on the Hastings Holiday Inn Express. Thank you! And thank you for being our guest while you were working in Hastings. Hope to see you again soon...thank you and take care!
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My family and I travel to Hastings frequently and we always stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The rooms are always clean, the staff is always friendly and the beds are comfortable! The microwave and refrigerator in the room, make it very convenient with kids. With the breakfast, happy hour and free internet, it's a great value.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank claluk
Thank you so much for such nice comments about our hotel, amenties and staff. Our goal everyday and with every guest is to provide the best hotel experience ever. Your valued input is what gives us the motivation to continue our goal for Excellence! Thank you for taking the time to post your review and we will see you next time you are in Hastings!!
Lodi, California
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Checked in for one night April 13, did not get off to good start as the 2 clerks at lobby desk left us standing there for at least 5 minutes yet neither of them had a customer, one stared at her computer screen & the other one was receiving some kind of candle order from a girlfriend, the girlfriends child stood nearby. When the "candle" clerk finally waited on us, she was very phoney and started asking a lot of personal questions. We just wanted to check in, not become best friends with this woman! The breakfast buffet was a joke, had to wait in line behind all the employees, apparently they are able to come and go from the buffet and eat all they want! VERY DISAPPOINTING, I WILL FIND ANOTHER PLACE TO STAY WHEN WE RETURN TO HASTINGS!!!‎

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HarleyCal
Management2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hastings, responded to this review, 24 May 2010
Thank you for your time involved with submitting your valued comments regarding your recent stay here in Hastings Nebraska! My apologies also, for the experience you describe while checking in on May 20th.

We continually strive to provide the best experience as a Team and hotel. Unfortunately by your description we failed to follow through with our mission. We have discussed this situation with the staff and I assure you there will be no more candles sold while working at the Front Desk. Furthermore, I do hope that during your next trip to Hastings Nebraska you find it in your heart to provide us a chance to show you that we can deliver a warm and friendly experience.

Happy travels and thank you again for your input!

Management
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 16 November 2009

Had to travel to Hastings for a wedding. Because pictures started at 10AM on Saturday, called the week before to ask if it would be possible to check in early that day. The employee that I spoke with over the phone first said that was not possible and there was no availablity. Called back a couple of hours later and spoke with a different employee who stated it would be possible, however, I needed to reserve a room for Friday and when I arrive speak with a manager about pro-rating the room. When I arrived around 9AM, I tried to speak with a manager, however, there is not one available on the weekends so asked to have her call on Monday. She did and stated that was "not a possibility because they were too busy over the weekend for her to be able to help with issues like this."
The rooms were clean, however, the staff as a whole was not friendly and not helpful. The rooms were over-priced in comparison to similar hotels/motels in the area.
Overall, I regret staying at this hotel and would not recommend anyone else stay there, especially if you have any sort of unique circumstance that the staff would need to help you at all with.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
HastingsHIEManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hastings, responded to this review, 19 November 2009
Thank you for taking the time involved with responding to your recent stay here at the Hastings Holiday Inn Express. I would like to reiterate my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding as well as any confusion created with this unfortunate situation.
As we discussed over the telephone, your original reservation made for Saturday arrival was a discounted “advance purchase” rate therefore only available at a discount due to purchasing in advance. Based on availability this busy weekend in question, we were very happy to know that our hotel was able to accommodate the change in your reservation made by yourself along with extending that discounted rate from staying Saturday to both Friday and Saturday in order to assist with the wedding pictures at 10am.
Our policies and procedures are intended to protect the safety and integrity for all of our valued guests. In this situation, we extended the discounted rate in order to accommodate and unfortunately fell short of satisfying your discount expectation…for that again, my apologies for the misunderstanding as well as not meeting your expectations. We have certainly learned from this unfortunate situation and will be better prepared moving forward as a lodging establishment. For future references, I am very proud of the staff for the constant care and commitment to the guest satisfaction displayed on a daily basis and genuinely welcome everyone that travel to Hastings Nebraska! We do hope that you provide us a second chance to fulfill your hotel needs and expectations on your next visit.
Thank you again!
naperville
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This is a very nice place to stay. The staff was very friendly. We attended a funeral and we were granted a 2:00 check out which was so helpful. Clean and nicely decorated.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
HastingsHIEManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hastings, responded to this review, 3 November 2009
Thank you so much for the comments about our facility. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel clean and comfortable. May your next trip to Hastings be for different reasons. Thank you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hastings
0.6 km away
Hampton Inn Grand Island
#2 of 22 in Grand Island
33.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Island

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hastings? Share your experiences!