“I don't get why this restaurant has such good reviews”
Review of Alley Rose

Alley Rose
Ranked #2 of 123 Restaurants in Kearney
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Full Service Fine Dining Restaurant With A Wide Selection Of Wine And Cocktails
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Several locals told us to eat here. We were in Nebraska for three days and this was the worst and most expensive meal we had. Many things were inedible. The staff was nice and the service is good and obviously the place is beloved by locals. I don't know maybe we were there on an off-night -- like their busy Saturday night? The beef soup by the salad bar tasted like gravy. The salad dressings are gelatinous. This expensive appetizer we ordered was just weird and inedible - it was a shrimp-stuffed pepper. The pepper was sliced in half and there was literally one shrimp on one piece and a sliced half shrimp on the other. Um - shrimp is $7.99 a pound and this appetizer was around $14 - you couldn't have put a couple shrimps on there? And it was served in some tasteless sauce - just bizarre. My husband had salmon for the main and I had steak - they were OK but by then we were just kind of grossed out. Do yourself a favor and go to Cunningham's Journal instead. The food there is really good and cheap.

Shawn E, Owner at Alley Rose, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Wow! That was a rough review. I am very sorry for your experience at the Alley Rose. We obviously missed our goal in providing the best original scratch food and service. After 32 years, it still hurts if we fail to make our customers happy. I am only going to address the featuref appetizer that ypu described in your post. Just so you know, there were two minced shrimp in each of the stuffed peppers and the garnished with an additional shrimp on each. So that would be a total of 9 shrimp in each dish. I know this isn't going to alter your opinion of the Alley Rose, but I had to point out this fact. Again, you have my humbles of apologies. I wish you peace and happiness.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We were there for the Easter brunch, which had a bunch of tasty food and was only about $17 per person. Stopped back the next day and they had a lunch buffet for $10 with a really great salad bar. Hubby got the potato casserole which is one of their signatures dishes, very good. I loved the apple cinnamon infused vodka. They make their own infusions and have about 8 different flavors. She just shook it over ice and poured it, and it was so smooth and delicious! And I am not much of a straight alcohol drinker. They infuse them for at least 6 months before serving. An interesting atmosphere also, with a nice fireplace and lots of fun stuff on the walls.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Found this on Trip Advisor and very glad we did. The décor is rather eclectic and very warm. We ate in the lounge side where there was a large sofa in front of a roaring fire. I had the chicken cordon blue sandwich and my husband had a steak sandwich with the salad bar. Both sandwiches were excellent but I wish I had just had the salad bar because it looked amazing, with soup as well as sandwich fixings and lots of main dish types of dishes.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We heard about this place from friends & Trip Advisor. It is casual and food quality is really good! We could tell meal portions were big so we skipped to meal. All come with soup & salad bar with yummy park bread. I had chicken caprese & hubby had chicken schnitzel. His was enough for 2. I ate every bite. It had a balsalmic reduction over it and served on a bed of zucchini noodles. Marg was very good too!

Reviewed March 20, 2018

We were excited about eating at the Alley Rose since it was our first experience. The atmosphere was quiet and the restaurant was clean and casual. Our server was very good. The food was cooked well, tasted wonderful, and was appetizing.

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Alley Rose? Share your experiences!