“Good Cajun food.”
Review of Buzzard Billy's

Buzzard Billy's
Ranked #17 of 745 Restaurants in Lincoln
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Buzzard Billy's is the Cajun food restaurant of choice in Lincoln, NE. Specializing in New Orleans and American cuisine, this local gem is the place to go for Cajun food, burgers, and chicken wings. If you're looking for places to eat in the Historic Haymarket section on the west edge of downtown, then drop by Buzzard Billy's for a meal you'll never forget. Browse the menu at Buzzard Billy's and expect to find a variety of options for Cajun food and American cuisine. For appetizers, try the deep-fried alligator tail, jerk chicken nachos, and fried pickles served with a side of ranch. If you're in the mood for wings, Buzzard Billy's is known for their tasty selection of sauces and flavors. Try the mean green Buzzard sauce for a kick of lime and the spicy BBQ for a taste of New Orleans, or go with buffalo sauce if you want your chicken wings to have a familiar kick. This restaurant serves up all your favorite New Orleans-style dinners, too.
Reviewed August 19, 2018

Spent a Saturday evening on the outdoor patio enjoying a nice meal. My vegiterian wife had red beans and rice while I had the voodo tuna. Both were good and the wine sauce adding a unique flavor to the tuna. Oh, and don't forget to try a hurricane cocktail!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed August 19, 2018

Honestly, I didn't expect it to be this good. I was looking for a quick dinner close to the Hilton Garden Inn in Lincoln Haymarket. After a block walk to Buzzard Billy's and a brief glance at the menu, I knew this would be worth a try. There was a variety of cajun and creole options. It was challenging to select just one entree until I spotted the Cajun Combo--blackened catfish, seafood gumbo, jambalaya and hushpuppies. The catfish was perfectly cooked. It was moist with just the right amount of heat to pair with a cold beer. The gumbo was equally tasty--fresh with the perfect balance of rice, shrimp, sausage and broth. The hushpuppies were crunchy on the outside with a soft and pleasantly chewy center. The jambalaya was too dry for my taste, but that didn't stop me from eating it all. At just $15, I considered it a bargain. Add the outdoor venue, a tap beer and great service from Andrew, and it was a surprisingly relaxing and refreshing way to spend some time in downtown Lincoln. With tip and beverages under $30, Buzzard Billy's has made it to the top of my list for places to return to on my next trip to Lincoln.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018

When in Lincoln, be sure to visit the Haymarket, just adjacent west of downtown. And while strolling the streets of the Haymarket, be sure to stop in at Buzzard Billy's...a really outstanding eating joint that has all those classic Cajun dishes and American food favorites as well.

And the interior atmosphere and ambiance is really cool...the entire facility is adorned with items of memorabilia and nostalgia...you can spend quite a bit of time just browsing the displays !!!

Appetizers are super good, main courses our tremendous, and desserts are divine.

Great service, excellent food, fun place to relax !!!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Visited location on Fathers Day. Service was great. Staff was very friendly. Food came out as ordered. Good sized portions. And offered free Apple pie and ice cream for Fathers Day. Overall, great experience!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018

We like giving to Buzzard Billy’s for specific food items and we have never been disappointed. I prefer a buffalo burger and bread pudding for dessert. The buffalo is always cooked to a little less than medium and the taste along with the health benefits is why I order it. The bread pudding is also above average..... served hot with a nice sauce. My wife likes Jambalaya and says it is great. Her dessert is the hush puppies which are again above average. I repeat we go there to eat these specific items and wish we had time to sample other things

Date of visit: April 2018