“Less than what we paid for”

Econo Lodge Lincoln
Ranked #53 of 61 Hotels in Lincoln
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Thank goodness we were stopping here after a long drive and immediately heading out in the morning because this review would have been worse if we had to spend any more time in the room than was absolutley necessary. Don't get me wrong, it seemed clean enough, and I did get a good night sleep; but man, this place was really depressing -- sparse and drab. And the breakfast offered less options than one would expect, even for free continental fare. No, you don't go to Econolodge expecting a five-star experience. But seriously, this place kinda gave me the creeps. Also, we were disappointed that they didn't honor the coupon we had because a football game had been played earlier in the day. Had our coupon rate been honored, my opinion may have improved a little.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Needed a hotel just for a night while traveling. Looked on trip advisor mostly good reviews,price was good so booked here. The area was suspect and so was the room. Both my husband and I barely slept, worried about luggage we had in the car(traveling for 38 days so just took in a nights clothing) and and had a hard time sleeping with hte bad smell and noisy air conditioner. I had booked a hotel in CA under the same hotel group and cancelled it as I was worried.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank nickspumpkin
Reviewed 20 April 2011

This motel looked rather shabby on the outside but since I'd booked in advance, we went ahead and checked in. The room was ok...basic, clean. It did have a microwave and little fridge. The bathroom was very small with only a shower. Location is near the interstate. Wifi was slow but worked.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Driving across country to Denver, we picked Lincoln NE as our stop for the night. There are a dozen similar budget hotels lining the I-80 intersection, with sparse user reviews to distinguish them. We picked this EconoLodge and were extremely pleased! New and clean, separate non-smoking building, spacious room with plenty of lamps, fridge and microwave in every room as well as mini coffee maker, extras like iron & board and hairdryer, and strong, hot shower. Our price was $40. Okay, they do not have the make-your-own waffle breakfast -- just cereal and pastries -- but who needs another fat food buffet on a road trip? We were happy with our choice.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank EllBell
Reviewed 18 May 2010

I found a coupon in one of those room saver books you can pick up at gas stations off the highway. The coupon was for $42.99 a night for 1-2 people. That was the reason I decided to stay in this hotel.

We got a non-smoking room with a king bed. As mentioned by a previous reviewer, the bathrooms are tiny. Tiny! You can barely get in and shut the door. Other than that the room was big and appeared mostly clean other than a piece of fuzz (possibly hair?) on one of the pillows. The TV did have full cable with HGTV, VH1, etc.

The bad thing was, we were given an outside room in the second building and I felt we had quite a bit of road noise during the night. I would ask for an inside room if I stayed here again, or a room on the second floor. The breakfast was very basic (just some bread products and two kinds of cereal), but what could I ask for with a price of $42.99? Also, no pool here, but again, it's a cheap hotel.

The location is good; it's right off of the highway so it's an easy on and off stop. Apparently it's also near the Lincoln airport.

One last thing, the hotel advertised free Wi-Fi but it didn't work for us. The next morning we heard that the internet was down, so I don't know how often it is actually working. I wouldn't count on it if you really needed to be online for business or something.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2008

We stayed here during a football game weekend. The staff were very accomodating, allowing us to check in way before the official check-in time. The room was clean, with nice amenities for $80.99 - small refrigerator, microwave, free wi-fi, and loads of cable tv stations. I would stay here again. The location was not especially convienent to downtown Lincoln, but for this price, we could afford to pay for parking down there.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DianeTravels
Reviewed 8 July 2008

Exactly what you'd expect for $60.
Clean room, lots of cable choices, microwave and mini-fridge (that actually froze the ice packs). Enough towels.
Breakfast is simple. Cereal, rolls, donuts, coffee/tea/juice.
USA Today for reading.
Lincoln is full of similar places. I chose this because of the microwave in every room. I was happy to see, behind the reception, it had won some industry awards for good service.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends