All reviews retro feel video games haymarket district hotel bar chow hall coolest hotel thought of everything wood paneling blast from the past unique hotel college dorm fun retro johnny carson tiki drinks bathroom wallpaper fun place to stay holiday inn
Reviewed October 14, 2017

What a wonderful and a unique hotel! I loved Graduate Lincoln's Americana fun retro vibe. We had a room with a king bed. Everything was very comfortable and spacious and nice. The bright green couch in the room and the one in the lobby made for some memorable photos and kept us in a really great mood. The indoor pool was really pretty. And the location in the Haymarket District was perfect: we walked to shops and to dinner, didn’t even have to drive!
Extra thanks to Hannah at front desk for being so welcoming and nice. Dylan at the valet parking (such a convenient and affordable feature!) was great as well. Highly recommend this hotel and can't wait to return to Lincoln!

Room Tip: King bed room
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MarinaVmusic
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We stayed for a family weekend away. The kids loved the vintage video games in the lobby and the cuddly toy they received upon check-in. The pool was fun, but we couldn't figure out where to find the ping pong equipment to play. The rooms were comfy, the toiletries smelled amazing. Only problem was the front desk, I waited quite awhile before being helped and was glad I double-checked my bill before walking away since I wasn't given a credit that was part of a package I purchased. But I feel like these things will be worked out the longer the hotel is open. Sign up for email deals!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Whoever came up with this hotel concept for college towns was brilliant. Everything from the lobby, to the restaurant, to the bar, elevator and finally rooms, have the look and feel of the 50's and 60's. Service, food, everything was great. The beds are especially great and even though they have the color scheme and look of decades ago, they are awesome to sleep on. Love this place!

Room Tip: HIgher floors give the best views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank FDivers
Reviewed October 6, 2017

Great location and staff. We love the tongue-n-cheek decor "rural chic" room decor.

Comparatively, the price was solid.

If you choose a football game day, be prepared for chaos. But we chose on off-weekend, so everything was near perfect.

Just stay here, especially if you are unfamiliar with the culture of this part of the world.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TVD Productions N
Reviewed October 2, 2017

The hotel decor is great and they did a really nice job updating the interior. The rooms were clean, smelled nice, and the beds were very comfortable. I especially liked the bedspreads which were comfortable and warm, but not heavy. I would stay again in the future.

There were a few problems, but only a few were really the fault of the hotel and its management. They don't yet have a business center to print off your airline boarding passes. That needs to get done, IMO.

One issue was a fist fight on the front steps of the hotel as we were returning around 11:30PM. Not a great way to show up late and try to get to your room. The other issue was noisy guests due to a pile of drunks from a wedding they had held. Including one "lady" who decided to beat on the door next to our room for a half hour from 1AM - 1:30AM. My suggestion for the future is try to block off the wedding guests on separate floors and leave others like myself well away from the drunks. I'm sure they had plenty of rooms. It just seemed to be really poor room assignment. I can't blame the hotel for the fight. That was out of their control, but room assignments and dealing with unruly guests is their issue.

Room Tip: If you know they are hosting an event, try to get on a "quiet" floor if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family