All reviews biscuits and gravy hyvee grocery store pool and hot tub hard boiled eggs room was clean waffles stay there again a great stay sitting area king suite free breakfast front desk clerk staff was friendly kieran motel rates nebraska
Reviewed March 23, 2015

I had planned to stay in Kearney but traffic/weather delays put me behind so I picked this hotel because of reviews for the one in Kearney. I got a room with a king sized bed and it had a sitting area with a comfortable couch that was actually a pull out and those usually aren't comfortable. The bed was comfortable with lots of pillows, the towels are thick and large. The hotel is in a quiet area so I didn't need to use ear plugs and the blackout curtains (rare in hotels) meant I didn't need to wear eye shades when I slept. The pool and hot tub are open 24 hours, which is great if you check in late and need a relaxing soak. The room was clean but the remote didn't work great. The breakfast included hot and cold items, sausage and biscuits, waffles, hard boiled eggs (cold), and the other usual fare, so enough for everyone including fruit and yogurt. The only thing I would have liked would be a coffee maker in the room but the fridge was a larger one, not the little dorm style and the hair dryer had three settings when normally they only have two. I would stay here again. Oh, and the wifi worked well, which I like because I watch TV shows on my laptop.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the street near the end of the second floor, near the stairs (which is faster than taking the elevator). It was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
NVIManagement, Director of Sales at New Victorian Suites Lincoln, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2015

Laura ,

Thank you for your review Laura we appreciate the time you spent sharing your comments. We are glad you chose to stay with us when the Nebraska traffic/weather was difficult. Thanks for noticing our clean rooms and comfortable bedding and towels, we are sure the 42 inch flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, and free Wi-Fi all made the suite feel like home. Our 26 item hot and cold breakfast bar is also a hit with most travelers like you. We also hope you had a chance to enjoy the 24 hour pool and hot tub. Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 20, 2015

The value was great! Nice big room. The television was nice and big. The housekeeping was excellent! Within walking distance of several stores and restaurants.
On the down side: the elevator was old and slow, the breakfast left a lot to be desired and the complimentary coffee and cookies were a joke. The cookies were tiny off-brand sandwich cookies and the coffee tasted like, as my husband put it, coffee-flavored tea.
But I would recommend the hotel overall.

Room Tip: Pick the third floor. No overhead noise.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank mbeth82

Thanks for mentioning our friendly staff. From front desk to housekeeping, we strive to always provide outstanding guest services. We are glad you appreciated the spacious room along with the 42 inch flat screen TV. I'm sorry that their were a few things that did not meet your standards. We will try to do our best to fit all your needs on your next stay with us. Thank you again for choosing us and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2015

Was in town for state basketball. Check in was very quick and convenient. Great stay! Guy named Ray helped us and was great! Room was clean, good size on rooms, pool was great and good breakfast! Definitely will stay again!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela F

Thank you for your review of the New Victorian Suites of Lincoln! It is wonderful to hear your kind words and know that we are doing a great job of providing you with friendly staff, clean room, and nice stay! I will be sure to let Ray know what a great impression he left on you. We’re very happy that you liked the amenities such as the spacious suite, 24 hour pool and hot tub, and our 26 item deluxe breakfast. We look forward to seeing you back here in Lincoln soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2015

As always we had a wonderful stay! They are always so accommodating for us. The beds are very comfortable. My teenage kids love to stay there. Looks like breakfast has been switched a little but it was still pretty good for the most part! We always stay here when we come to Lincoln .

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends

Paege,

Thank you so much for making us your hotel of choice over the years. We appreciate all your wonderful reviews. We feel it’s such a positive to offer a 24 hour pool, hot tub and fitness center and were happy that your family feels the same. We try hard to provide complimentary items that will please everyone and we switched our breakfast items around a bit to head in a more healthy direction, but we did add a great waffle iron that has been getting extraordinary compliments. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope it’s just as pleasant as every other time.

Reviewed March 13, 2015

You can definitely tell this hotel has been renovated, but the amenities and staff cannot be beat! Our son loved playing in the pool every night (which was never crowded) and everyone there was nice and knowledgeable. Would definitely stay here again when visiting Lincoln.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lilurazko

Thank you for the 5 star review of the New Victorian Suites of Lincoln! We are glad you appreciated our unbeatable amenities and friendly staff. We look forward to your next stay with us so that you can enjoy our 24 hour pool, hot tub again!