All reviews sausage hot breakfast stayed here in town front desk bath area room was clean check in was quick and efficient room key king suite the air conditioning would stay again parking lot great staff great price next morning carpet
Reviewed July 19, 2018

We stay here once or twice a year when we visit our grandkids. We like having the restaurant/bar next door that we can walk to, and the accommodations are usually good... until this visit. There was something wrong when we walked into our room. We've had this same room in the past with no problems, but this time it just smelled awful. You got used to it after about five minutes, but it was there haunting you again when you left and came in. We went to the front desk to inquire about changing rooms and were told that there were no other rooms available. Okay, we tried, we decided to stay. We met our family for a little dinner out at the Hy-Vee and when we came back to go to bed, the sheets were damp. That was it. We had to go back to the front desk. She had us look at another room that had not been cleaned. When I came back down, there was another guest checking out for the same reason we were complaining about.

My husband was back in our original room calling to check another hotel for availability, and I went back to the front desk and told her that we were going to be checking out and getting another hotel for the weekend. The front desk attendant, Kat, was brilliant. She handled everything in stride. When I got back to the desk, she told me that she spoke to the manager and they were going to upgrade us to a King Suite. Apparently, the smell/dampness is from the old air conditioning units (according to her) and that there have been several complaints on it. This upgraded room is on the central air system. So, I get my husband and we go look at this final room. It was lovely. It didn't smell and no damp sheets. Honestly, I could live in this suite. If you lived in NYC, this would be an apartment, perhaps larger. This suite is larger than my first apartment!

I commend Kat for going above and beyond to keep us where we wanted to be in the first place, and even more - they honored the price of the original room for both nights! There was a family reunion in town that had many of the rooms in the hotel.

Breakfast was traditional. Eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits one day, English muffins the next day. It's a good place to have your breakfast on Sundays, because a lot of places aren't open.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room next to the elevator. Even on the 4th floor, I could hear the controls all night turning off and on.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We've stayed here a couple of times before and were pleased with each visit. Everything in the whole building is squeaky clean. Great beds and a hot breakfast with protein options . . . Not the standard carbonental offerings of other chain motels in this price range.
Even the staff here is 5 * . . . They had us Park our motorcycles under the Veranda because of an impending storm AND it's next to Big Red sports bar. What more can you ask for?

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We were in town for a family reunion, which we attend nearly every year. The check in was quick and efficient, and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We were in a smoking room because the no-smoking rooms were all taken by the time I made our reservation, but the smoke was hardly noticeable and not a problem. The breakfast was more than enough for us. We were toward the end of the serving time, so some of the items were in the process of being replenished when we were there, but the selection had a good variety and the items we had were very good. The check out was as quick and efficient as the check in was. We will stay there on our next trip.

Room Tip: Make your reservation early. Norfolk is a busy town in the summer.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2017

My first time at this hotel. I was very impressed. It looked new. Very Clean, great staff. Quiet. Good breakfast, eggs, sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereal, and Danishes. Good cable too. I would stay again. Great Price

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

VERY nice ROOMS. Good hot breakfast, not just sweets. VERY congenial atmosphere. You get access to 24/7 Gym right beside motel. Anytime FITNESS. Has everything down to tanning bed.
Has stores, Wal-Mart, etc. and eateries within walking distance.
Front desk has list of all activities planned for the month in Norfolk, so you can plan your stay.
VERY NICE