“Exceeded expectation”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Norfolk
Denver
“Exceeded expectation”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I typically stay at more upscale properties but was traveling with a budget conscious group; I must admit I was concerned about what I might find at such budget prices. But, I was pleasantly surprised. My room was spotless and everything was in working order. Staff was friendly and efficient. The property was quiet and well maintained. My only complaints, and these are minor: Some of the stairways/hallways smelled faintly of smoke, though my nonsmoking room was fine; I would have liked more fresh fruit and other healthy options at breakfast. Overall, though, a good experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Love2CampDenver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I travel alot, I was going through Norfolk and called Choice Hotels number that I use all the time. The said the Rodeway Inn was available. I kinda debated and finally agreed. There was 4.5 out of 5.0 stars. I can in to a verynive lobby and was greeted and handled quickly. The gentlemen look up a phone number for pizza for me. I then got to the room and found very clean and nicely put together room. The high speed internet worked very good. Lots of TV channels, had a relaxing chair, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great with lots of water pressure and I did not run out of hit water or get the hot cold treatment. The sheets were soft and cofortable and the heating cooling unit worked nicely. Would stay again and will. Now keep in mind this is not a Marriot or a Hilton. It was like 60.00 bucks or so. Worth every penny and will be the best room you will get under 80.00

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank sgrego1313
Gardner, Kansas
Reviewed 9 August 2009

I stayed here for one night with my husband. I'm somewhat picky about hotels, and I have to say that this one is surprisingly not too bad. Actually, it's pretty good. We stayed here because they allow dogs (for $10 fee). I was a little worried that the place would be a dump, so I reserved one of their larger (and, I hoped, nicer) rooms. We stayed in a "king partial suite." For $75 per night, we got a lot. The room was huge -- probably 15' x 18' -- had a jacuzzi bathtub, a microwave, a small refrigerator, and flatscreen TV. There wasn't much of a seating area - just an extra chair - but it was quite a bit for the money. There were a few nice touches as well, such as free chocolate chip cookies at check-in, free breakfast in the morning (nothing fancy - just biscuits & gravy, sausage, bagels, cereal, etc.), and they gave us treats for our dog. The front desk staff couldn't be more friendly. The location is also good -- close to restaurants, a Target, and lots of other places. It's on a fairly busy street, so some people might not like that. The only thing about the room that I didn't like was that the bedspread on the bed was one of those old-style hotel bedspreads -- dark colored and multi-patterned, and designed to hide practically any stain. I just find those bedspreads icky, even though the room was very clean. That's probably just my own personal phobia. Overall, I would stay here again, especially if we're traveling with our dog.

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple