All reviews stayed here reward points front desk cinnamon rolls desk lamp free beer bed was very comfortable cold air sausage hotel staff excellent stay excellent hotel hot items recommend this hotel small town mary unit
Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

I had a great stay at this holiday inn express. It had a very nice breakfast bar area as well as a spacious pool area. I stayed in a suite room and it was quiet, had ample space, and the bed was very comfortable. I will definitely stay in this hotel again in the future.

Stayed: May 2016
GeneralManagr-OFKNE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2016

Matthew K,
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Norfolk, NE. We appreciate the kind words about our breakfast area and spacious pool area. We are so happy that the suite was quiet and your bed was very comfortable. We look forward to your next visit to Norfolk, NE.

Reviewed March 29, 2016

I stay here on all my business trips to Norfolk (at least a dozen in 2015 alone). The front desk and all the staff are excellent. The rooms are clean and tidy. I have never had an issue with this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
GeneralManagr-OFKNE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2016

Justin M,
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express Norfolk, NE. We love hearing from our guests. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and our guest rooms!

Reviewed March 3, 2016

This last weekend I decided to treat my granddaughter, her 3yr (almost 4yr) old son and I to a night in a hotel beings we had to go to Norfolk. Room was booked mid-week. When we arrived we were assigned a room on fourth floor, I asked about getting something on the first floor and was told it was not possible because the carpets were being cleaned - yet we saw all kinds of people and kids coming-and-going from first floor rooms as we came-n-went from hotel during our stay. In our room though it seemed fairly nice there was a dead fly on the window sill (see pict) which shows either no one had been put up there for awhile or cleaning isn't a priority as a dead fly still in February .... when we went to the pool, the room it was in was very nice but when my granddaughter was helping the little one up the steps out he got a scrape on his shin that broke the skin, so we are watching to be sure it does not get infected. Breakfast in the morning was nothing I thought it would be from the pictures plus the lady who kept things filled and picked up stood and stared like a hawk at everyone during their entire mealtime which made eating very uncomfortable. When leaving there were two men at the front desk that I'm assuming were the desk clerk for the day and a maint man ... neither one of them said a word, not thank you for staying, have a good day, goodbye, nothing .... etiquette is something that definitely needs to be taught the staff. My hotel stays are a financial splurge once every year-or-two and this one was double the price of the one where we generally have stayed at in Norfolk, I just thought I'd go over-and-above and treat the grandkids to a little nicer place ... what a big and costly mistake ... I am truly disappointed as it is not something I can afford to do a do-over and so lesson learned ... it isn't always the best idea to try something new.

Room Tip: not knowledgeable enough to offer this info
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
GeneralManagr-OFKNE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2016

Dear "Grandma's bum "trip"",
However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding pool area, room cleanliness and our breakfast attendant. We will address this concern.We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Reviewed November 8, 2015

We stayed here while visiting my parents...this hotel is ultra clean, has large rooms with very comfortable beds and fabulous service. We even received a call from the desk after we were settled to make sure everything was acceptable. The breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The person overseeing the breakfast was friendly, and helpful. Stay have when in Norfolk!! We definitely will make this our stay again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Dear Dakotagirl777,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our rooms and front desk experience and breakfast.

Reviewed September 11, 2015 via mobile

All the staff we encountered during our stay was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. The breakfast was DELICIOUS, particularly those hot and soft cinnamon rolls! The buffet had items for even the carb cautious. The pool and hot tub were adequately stocked with towels, which is usually a problem. Not at this property! This is definitely our preferred hotel in Norfolk. Only had one complaint...the channel up and down did not function on the remotes for the TV. The TV was a nice size for the room. We will definitely recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagr-OFKNE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Norfolk, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2015

Nikki F,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Norfolk, NE. We appreciate you kind words about the hotel and staff. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express. We look forward to your next visit to Norfolk, NE