Holiday Inn Express Scottsbluff - Gering
US$78
Candlelight Inn(Scottsbluff)
US$64
US$119
Barn Anew Bed and Breakfast(Scottsbluff)
US$130
US$72
Sportsman Inn(Scottsbluff)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmany thankschimney rockjunior suitefree breakfastbreakfast choiceskeurig machineremote arearoom was cleanlittle priceychillifront desk staffevening receptiongreat place to staybusiness tripnice staystaff was friendlyvery nice hotel
Reviewed April 8, 2018

Last month, my group of 30 adults spent a couple nights at the HIE & Suites in Scottsbluff. Check in was very painless for me! Thank you, Nick! My junior suite had all the amenities of home . . . fresh bed linens and towels, large flat screen TV, and a Keurig machine! The breakfast buffet is quite good! Looking forward to our return next year and seeing your completed construction projects!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2018

Stayed here in the winter and there weren't a whole lot of guests at this hotel. This is kind of a remote area - we stayed here en route to Casper, WY - we decided to stop driving for the night as some snow showers moved in, and it was very difficult to see the road.

Staff was friendly, room was nice, and breakfast was pleasant. There is some remodeling going on at this hotel, so the lobby area is a little cramped right now. There is a Target store right next door, and a mexican restaurant in the same parking lot.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2017

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Scottbluff - Gering the day before the total eclipse. They were so well prepared and so welcoming! Everything was thought out, from the sun cookies greeting us in the lobby to the well-stocked information table with local activities planned for the day and the parking placard in case non-guests tried to park in the lot and take our spots. The staff was wonderful and really wanted us to enjoy not only the eclipse but all of our time in Scottsbluff. They knew that the hotel would be full, so extra staff was on-hand. I can't say enough great things about our short stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2017

Spent a single night in August. Bedding was reasonably comfortable, but the mattress was a little too soft. There was a wall thermostat, but a note on it said the air was powered from the window. It worked once I got to the right control panel at the window.

Dated darker wood vanity in the main room with some nicks and dings and a slow to drain sink. The biggest issue with my room was the toilet seat being held in place with some adhesive tape on one side. It's a common maintenance fix, but I don't like the slightest chance of slipping and sliding on a toilet seat.

On the good side, I arrived a bit early and was personally notified by the housekeeping staff when my room was ready. And while the hotel had the usual small half-moon premade omelets at breakfast, they actually had an egg white version here along with individually sized mini bottles of Tabasco...a really nice touch!

The room was also quiet, as I slept right through an early morning rainstorm.

There was a sign on the first floor saying that remodeling was in progress, so it may be worth it to ask what that entails or if there are remodeled rooms available. All told, it was a decent place to sleep for one evening.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Scottsbluff - Gering, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2017

Hi HuskerFlyer

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsbluff-Gering for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted your stay. It's disconcerting to learn that we missed to provide you with a more stellar experience. On behalf of the team, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by your room's overall upkeep and the condition of your bathroom sink's drainage and toilet seat. This is certainly not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests and be assured that this will be shared with the management to help pinpoint areas that need improvement. On the plus side, I'm pleased to know that you found our staff's service level and pricing to your liking based on your stellar ratings for both areas.

Thanks again for leaving your thoughts. I hope you find your way back to us should your travels bring you again to Scottsbluff.

Kindest Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

Quiet location and well maintained. Front desk staff not very friendly. Had to change rooms because if odd smell in original room. Second room was perfect. Very comfortable stay with free breakfast and convenient parking!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family