“OK room, bad service”

Exchange Club Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Beatty
Reviewed 21 December 2011

On 12/21/11 we checked all prices in town by driving up and down the main drag. The Motel 6 and this place were both about $60/night. We decided to go here to go with the local place instead of a chain. We've always had decent rooms w/ Motel 6 but... While checking in the front desk help was okay but during check-in she got a call and was a little rude to the person calling. We didn't think much of it. We went out to dinner and when coming back I stuck my head in the door to ask a quick question. She was quite rude to me maybe because I interrupted her reading. As a service oriented business owner of 20 years I would have fired her on the spot. I was flabbergasted by her rudeness. The room was okay. The shower water was very loud and I was concerned about waking up the neighbors on either side. The water was super hot though. Also, the walls were a little thin and the floor creaked loudly so I probably pissed of the neighbor below us.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank olyraft

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Decided to drive around Beatty and check out all the hotels and restaurants before checking into the Exchange Club where I had made reservations weeks ago. First feeling was I made a mistake based on the OUTSIDE LOOKS of the Motel compared to some others in town. Well I was mistaken...the rooms are very modern, clean, comfortable, and 'roomy'. Dollar for dollar well worth the modest rates. I would recommend this place to anyone. And right across the street was a great local bar/resturant (Sourdough Saloon) which I will rate next

Room Tip: Didn't notice any difference in rooms as far as noise, view etc. Two floors - parking right in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ArtnVegas
Reviewed 10 December 2011

we were traveling to Death Valley and booked our first night at the Exchange Club. The room was very clean (something which is VERY important to me) had what looked like newish furniture, a comfortable bed & a flat screen tv. I was surprised since it is so much nicer than most drive up motels and the price is definitely right. Ladies at the desk were very nice and helpful. We actually ended up staying two nights and then another night on our way out of the park and back to Vegas.. Another plus is that it is right across the street from the Sourdough Saloon where we enjoyed having some beer and lots of conversations. Make no mistake, this is not the Hyatt, but it is a clean nice place to spend the night and a great value for the price.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank lalago
Reviewed 28 October 2011

My mom and I visit Death Valley every year and this was the first time we stayed in Beatty. We checked out several hotels and the Exchange Club was our favorite. The rooms are very clean and well designed to accommodate two people. The only downside was the lack of an outdoor seating area. We asked the manager if we could move our table and chairs outside and she said that wasn't a problem at all. We created our own patio area and enjoyed our morning coffee and evening wine outside. An outdoor seating/lounging area would be a nice addition, especially for us "northern climate" people who can't believe the sun is shining and it isn't raining :). Although they do not have a pool, we were able to use the pool at another
hotel because they are owned by the same company. We also had free wifi that was actually fast!
I must disagree with a previous post that there nothing to see around Beatty. We hunted for fossils at the Beatty mud mounds, bird watched at Species Springs, walked around the Swiss cheese rocks and had great chile at the Happy Burro. The museum is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank gorge51
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Spent a night here on road to Vegas after a scary 7 hour drive through an abandoned Death Valley.Friendly reception,very clean, spacious and comfortable rooms and excellent value for money.Town is pretty tiny so location is arguably also good!Not much to do to be honest but it's about 20 mins drive from the death valley park entrance and 5mins from Ryolite which is worth a short visit.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank Karagiozis
Reviewed 6 February 2011

we are booking a trip again this year and my friends insisted we use Exchange Club again because they were so pleased with the value for the dollar & DOG friendly !!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank weedwarrior
Reviewed 1 February 2011

The rooms have been improved with a fridge, carpet, tables and chairs. But in the 2 weeks between the time we booked a King bed, they had replaced ALL the King beds with Queens. "Sorry" was the response.
Another detractor from otherwise decent rooms was the poor lighting and only one bedside table (very inconvenient).
Most rooms have new heaters, but my room's heater didn't work. At at 11p.m. they offered to move us to a different room, and we accepted.
Don't plan on sleeping in. The remodeling is ongoing and workers start at 8 a.m. with Skil saws.
Wifi required a cable. (check one out from the Office, leave a $10 deposit)
Rooms did not have hair dryers. (check one out from the Office, leave a $10 deposit)
Rooms did not have microwaves. (why have a fridge without a microwave?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple