All reviews bowling alley rv park ole ole free breakfast junior suite free pie prime rib mexican restaurant sports book cigarette smoke front desk staff nice casino comfy bed large room easy access upon check lake tahoe
Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

I’ve just read some reviews of this property and I’m not sure where these people stayed. When we first came in the door it did smell a little smoky. I think people stand by the doors to smoke outside since there is no smoking hotel. I was a little worried but by the time we got to our third floor room there was no problem. Our room was clean and updated nicely. The bed was comfy and the air conditioning worked great. The bathroom was nice with a glass enclosed shower and granite countertops. We took a chance to stop here because we couldn’t find anything about pets but we were happy to learn they allowed our little min schnauzer. And we had a great breakfast included. We will stay here next time we pass through.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Gold Dust West Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thanks for the 4 Stars! Jack Sosebee Property Operations Manager

Reviewed September 6, 2018

This place seemed like an attractive option because the nicer hotels tend to get much more expensive on Friday/Saturday nights. I booked one night, thinking it will all be OK. I was wrong.

First, this place is OLD. The carpet in the hallway is an indication of that - it's nasty with wear and tear written all over it. Then, there's the room: the carpet there looks like it's been there for decades. On the walls I saw strange stains, the ruffles on the bed had shoe prints, and worst of all, the bathtub didn't drain. I complained to the hotel staff who told me that there was no other room, so I had no choice. They called in a maintenance man to fix the tub drainage problem (think: taking a shower and the water fills up to the ankle in just minutes), but they never sent in a maid to clean up the mess, considering the maintenance guy walked in and out of the tub during the fix.

And by the way, the doors and the walls are paper thin.

There is no fridge in the room and but they do offer a complimentary breakfast.

I never knew what the breakfast would be like, because I didn't stay the night there. Frankly, I felt disgusted to even think of sleeping there. I dropped my key off after the shower and the whole tub draining issue, and left. By this time, I had the online travel company deal with their management, but nothing really came of it except for a small discount offer from the online travel company.

I should have paid extra to stay at the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn, because I now know what the alternative is.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for the feedback and I will address your concerns and issues with our housekeeping department. I appreciate the review and will be looking into your concerns. Jack Sosebee Property Operations Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Thank goodness I checked the rv park out first!! I have a 43’ class A tag axle and there’s NO WAY I’d of fit in there. They were told that when I made the reservation and never ever should have taken it. The roads r extremely narrow. There is over grown grass and weeds and trees between each dirt site. I’d of never been able to get level enough to put my 4 slides out. How it was rated a 10. 8. 8. By Good Sam I’ve NOooooo idea!! I cancelled my reservations. Then they charged me saying I was a late check in. They did reverse it but I had to call several tunes.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for the feedback! We are looking into ways to fix the park and make it more friendly for larger RV's. We have also invested in a Landscape company to fix some issues with the landscaping. Jack Sosebee Property Operations Manager

Reviewed August 26, 2018

The staff were the best part of this hotel. Front desk and wait staff at the Grille cafe were wonderful. Housekeeping did an ok job. Bathroom could have been cleaner. This was the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. I could hear every hallway conversation. I could hear the person on the floor above me walk across the room. I could hear when the upstairs occupant used any water, sink, toilet or shower. On Saturday night, I could hear the pounding music from a party held indooors next to the pool area. When I called at 10 pm to complain, I was told it would “end shortly”. The music didn’t end until almost midnight. The next morning at 6:45 am, someone outside my window turned on an outdoor faucet and I could hear the water running for over an hour. The only thing I didn’t hear, was the casino. So, that is a plus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor so you don’t hear the upstairs occupants.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank You for the 3 Stars! Jack Sosebee Property Operations Manager

Reviewed August 19, 2018

The Gold Dust West Hotel Casino is the best in Carson City Nevada. Candy at the front desk did an outstanding job on booking our reservations and taking care of everything to make sure it was just right. They also offer a great breakfast.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garyak1
TA-Manager-Response, Manager at Gold Dust West Carson City, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank You for the 5 Stars!! I have passed your praises on to Candy. Jack Sosebee Property Operations Manager