All reviews incline village fireplace robes tv bedroom bathroom casino
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I am a business traveler, coming to the area to work at the local hospital in Incline Village. I stay in hotels all over the country, every week, mainly those associated with the large chain varieties (Holiday Inn, Hilton, Marriott). Not having a familiar chain in the company price range (Hyatt way over priced) I read the Trip Advisor reviews and settled on the Border House (about half the price of the Hyatt). What a pleasant surprise! This property far and away beats any hotel room of recent memory by a landslide. The locals tell me it used to be a restaurant/brewery which was purchased by the Crystal Bay Casino and renovated into a luxury hotel. The building sits on the corner, detached from the casino. It is peaceful and quiet. There are 3 stories and 10 rooms, all different. I stayed in Suite #1 on the first floor, which I believe may be one of the smaller rooms. Rooms are appointed with fireplaces, luxurious linens on the beds, flat panel TV mounted on the wall (Direct TV), wireless Internet, spacious bathrooms (plush bathrobes supplied) with large shower/tub, fridge stocked with 4 bottles of complimentary water, Keurig coffee maker, treat basket with 4-5 selections of snacks, upscale bath toiletries, even a TV in the bathroom.....and the list goes on. This place rivals most 5 star resorts accommodations.

Check-in is a bit confusing. There is no staff at the actual Border House building. You must go to the Players Club booth at the Crystal Bay Casino. They are very helpful and pleasant. I also found the steak house in the casino of very good quality and value. They have a happy hour/early bird menu (5:30-7:30) with excellent selections, nice wine list and attentive service.

STAY HERE, YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

Room tip: Look at their website for pictures of the actual rooms.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AZSoonerOrLater
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed here over St Patrick Day weekend. The location is ideal since we are driving from Reno airport- just about an hour. Skiing is nearby, maybe 30 -40 minutes or you can catch a bus in front of the hotel. They have done a wonderful job reviving this old boarding house. The rooms are designed for relaxation and amenities are top of the line. The people are friendly and helpful. We don't gamble but the restaurant in the casino was pretty good. We stayed in room #6 which is the only room with a balcony so if you can request it. Will definitely stay here again. Also they often have live music in the casino, especially during ski season.

Room tip: Room 6 has a balcony
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank gaiatourist
Reviewed December 25, 2011

This is a small place that offers lodging, but its mostly lodging for the casino (Crystal Bay Casino). It is STILL a 5 star review from me, because I get free room offers from others in the Tahoe and Reno area and I'd rather pay to stay here.

Our room was large. My email confirmation said 455 square feet but it seemed much larger than what I remember my Wynn/Vegas room being, which I'm sure is/was larger. Maybe its the layout. We had a fireplace near the bed and a giant plasma tv. There's also a smaller tv near the chromotherapy tub, which would be great after a few drinks, some music, and the right company.

Our patio had a lake view. The sheets and bathrobe were of quality as everything else seemed to be. The bed was super-comfortable as was the tub and shower, and even the patio!
In our room, we had complimentary:
coffee/tea
wifi
snacks

Everything was clean. The place is old but rebuilt recently, and they did a very good job of it. Without the historic pictures in one of the hallways, you might never even know its older than 5-10 years.

We stayed in suite 6 but I'm sure all of them are as luxurious as their website claimed. It was a pleasant surprise, especially since much of Lake Tahoe can be a gamble if you haven't had it recommended by someone you know.

It's not a large, conglomerate owned hotel. It's small, and certainly has that small, proprietorship style charm to it. This place will not disappoint.

Date of stay: December 2011
3  Thank DarkHeineken
Reviewed September 14, 2011

While the North Shore Casinos have seen better days, this newly remodeled spot is an example of what could be. It's small -- about 10 rooms in all -- but our room was quiet and meticulously appointed with nice linens, a huge big-screen TV (plus a small one in the bathroom) and an amazing tub. Two things that would make this room close to perfect: a door for the toilet area in the bathroom (a strange oversight) and a more reliable satellite TV system (the channels came and went during our stay). Check in at Crystal Bay Casino's Player's Club (the staff there was extremely helpful, and will walk you to your room).

Room tip: We were in room No. 9, and it's a great one.
Date of stay: September 2011
3  Thank Bobby H
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed here at the Border House . After trying to figure out where to check in(Casino customer service desk) , we were pleasantly overcome with a beautifully decorated and elegant room full of amenities for couples. Big flat screen television, gas fireplace, little flat screen in the tub/shower area, bath tub big enough for 2+ and a well stocked complimentary snack basket and cold water in the mini fridge also complimentary. We didnt want to leave. In fact I was going to leave the window unlocked so I could sneak back in and just have my mail forwarded to that address. Definitely recommend a stay here!!

Date of stay: August 2011