All reviewsincline villagefireplacerobestvbedroombathroomcasino
Reviewed September 18, 2017

Room 10 was tiny, I've been in bigger closets! A typical cruise ship room is substantially bigger. The bathroom was nice but there was no door to it, not my thing.

Now the TV. There were over 1,000 channels. 900 were either grayed out or when you clicked on them Dish network wanted you to "upgrade" to get that. What you could get was about 70 Infomercial channels, 15 sports channels, 8 kids channels, and the rest music video channels. And on top of that the TV was on the wall over the coffee maker and made it almost impossible to make a cup of coffee in the broken down Keurig.

Room Tip: Stay out of room 10. Doors are thin and you can hear people in the halls
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James H
Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

Although I was solo, my room number 7 was fabulous. Large, well appointed, water bottles, kureg coffee maker, gorgeous finishes, bathroom is oooooooo haven't tried the chromatherapy tub yet...tonight!!! Quiet w windows closed. The casino is a brisk 3 minute walk next door. Check in is inside the casino. Leave your luggage in the car if you drove. If you did not come for music do yourself a favour and go see whatever bands they have booked. Buy tickets if necessary, ask when you check in, or research before you go. Reddog productions books some fantastic bands!!! Crown room has free shows and last night's band was off the hook and ironically from SF where I'm from. Hadn't heard of them but will be going to see them live now for sure.

Border House is perfect and small only a few rooms. So book fast if you are going fir music!!!

Also I flew to Reno airport and took the Northlake shuttle 50 ea way. If you've more than one, hire a towncar or private ride. Biltmore while a rundown in need of love casino is right across the street. Nortlake shuttle stop is Biltmore.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Stephanie P, Manager at Border House at Crystal Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Thank you so much for your review of the Border House Hotel. We are happy to hear that you not only enjoyed your accommodations at the hotel, but were also able to enjoy the amenities offered by the casino as well. It's great that you were able to discover a new band as well! Please think of us again if your travels bring you to beautiful North Lake Tahoe!

Reviewed February 16, 2017

Somehow found a rate of $150/night last April 2016. I'm remembering it now because I'm to find a place for next week (Ski Week) and the rate is double that!

We stayed in Deluxe Suite #7. The queen beds were comfy, the fireplace was warm, and the chromatherapy tub was ... weird.

We definitely appreciated the wireless Internet and the bathrobes. All in all a very posh change from our usual cheap North Lake crashpad, the Tahoe Biltmore. Just wish you'd offer some great deals again... maybe in the Spring?

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Stephanie P, Manager at Border House at Crystal Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Thank you so much for your review! It's great that you enjoyed your stay with us so much last year. Our rates do tend to go up during holiday weeks here in Tahoe. Keep on eye out though, we will definitely have Spring Specials again this year!

Reviewed November 11, 2016

I booked a room here for a one night stay on Wednesday, November 9th. The room was comfortable and attractive but I had one problem. At approximately 2:16 a.m., the security system malfunctioned and began beeping. I called the front desk and they had someone come and fix it which took around 10 minutes but it definitely ruined my overall experience.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Stephanie P, Manager at Border House at Crystal Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review the Border House Hotel. I apologize for the alarm disturbance that you experienced. I am pleased that our staff was able to rectify the issue quickly.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 11, 2016 via mobile

We really loved our room. The king size bed was very comfortable. It was nice to have a fireplace for the cooler nights. The bathroom was very large with plush towels, large soaker tub, walk-in shower and 2 sinks. There was also a mini fridge and a keurig machine for coffee/tea. We loved that the hotel is a separate building from the casino. You do need to check-in & out at the casino though. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our Border House Hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait for you to visit with us again!