This motel had one of the largest rooms we have ever stayed in. It was clean with lots of amenities: an easy chair with reading lamp and ottoman and several tables with the window overlooking a beatuful lake a stone's throw away from mountains. The crisp mountain air was delicious.
The breakfast offered the usual American "food products" of course and it's always a challenge for anyone grazing for healthy foods. At least there were bananas, along with all the various dye-colored dry cereals, loaded with the normal preservatives, et.al and cage-battered chickens' eggs, several choices of nothing of sugary rolls, frozen juices, and Lipton tea for those who don't want coffee. Perhaps someday there might be a few herbal offerings. At least there was hot water, though flavored by the strong aroma of coffee. Cleaning the tables after each guest might be appreciated. But, oh dear, I'm on a rant and the majority of Americans won't relate to any of these vegetarian opinions. I'll go to another topic: The Reception.
We arrived, tired, around 9 pm and were very happy to get a good price: $69 from the manager, Mr. Patel. As we asked about eating at the hotel I noticed several menus on the front counter though he didn't point our attention to them or mention more about them, or the fact that there was a vending machine in the hotel. He's, I guess, a kind of you-do-it-yourself receptionist, civil but certainly not forthcoming, actually, it seemed he was holding something back. Maybe he's just very shy or weary, though I found him that way in the morning as well. Yes, perhaps he's very tired. However, if I had been travelling alone as a woman I feel I would have felt a bit put-off by this seemingly apathetic disinterest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly remolded rooms overlooking beautiful Topaz Lake, this Gardnerville, Nevada hotel is nestled in the Eastern Sierras, just off Highway 395. It is very suitable if you are going to Lake Tahoe,Yosemite, Death Valley, Mammoth or even Las Vegas if you are travelling from San Francisco area. It features a daily continental breakfast and rooms with free Wi-Fi and a cable TV. Our best selling point is its location in Sierra Mountains and great view of Topaz Lake.A microwave, fridge and coffee maker are provided in all rooms at the Best Western Topaz Lake. Each room features mountain and lake views, and includes a work desk and seating area.Guests can enjoy free access to the on-site fitness room and relaxing jacuzzi. The hotel's business center offers fax and photocopy services, and the front desk is available 24/7.The Topaz Lake Best Western is just 2 miles from Topaz Lake Park, and the Carson Valley Museum is a 30-minute drive away. Harvey's Lake Tahoe Casino is 37.8 miles from this hotel. Hotel Rooms: 30, Hotel Chain: Best Western. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Topaz Lake Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Topaz Lake Hotel Gardnerville
- Best Western Gardnerville
- Gardnerville Best Western