“Just go not to be missed.”
Review of The Pink House

The Pink House
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Genoa
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Description: The Pink House is located in Genoa, the first settlement in Nevada. Our house is a historic landmark, built in 1855 and restored in 2015. Much of the house is original and decorated in the Gothic Revival era. We encourage our guests to wander through the rooms, and our staff can answer many questions about the house and its history. Our guests may choose whether they prefer seating inside, or outside (weather permitting!) on our wraparound porch or beautiful patio. We feature cheese and charcuterie, as well as a seasonal menu and gourmet merchandise. We also offer an excellent selection of wines, whiskeys and beer. We are a small house and a popular destination, so reservations for large parties are highly recommended.
Reviewed April 27, 2017

The house is lovely inside.The food was wonderful.The chicken pot pie was home made.......as you reserve a table order it because they fly out the window.Enjoy yourself.

Lois W, Owner at The Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

So glad you enjoyed the Chicken Pot Pie and The Pink House ambiance! The picture you posted from our front parlor is of my grandparents and great grandparents. It was coincidental (...or was it....?) that the time frame was exactly perfect for when The Pink House was built! Hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Very unique restaurant with great food and friendly service. This is a Don't Miss type of place!! Great cheeses and meats plus a delicious chicken pot pie. Picture in this review is a small plate item of asparagus with a poached egg. I will dream about this item until I return.

Lois W, Owner at The Pink House, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank you for the kind review! Our staff works very hard to ensure our guests have a memorable experience at The Pink House. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

We weren't sure what is available at The Pink House, but once inside -- it's an old mansion style house made into a delicious tea room style restaurant. The staff was very friendly and the food delicious. It is a definite must when visiting Genoa. I would definitely return.

Management response:Responded April 14, 2017

On behalf of The Pink House, thank you for stopping in, and thank you for the kind words about our establishment.

We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2017

We got an email that The Pink House would be offering a special menu for Valentine's Day, and since it's only 7 miles away, we decided to make a reservation. We are SO glad we did!
The Pink House is just a beautiful little jewel of a historic house in Genoa, Nevada. We've been here several times in the past. We were promptly greeted and seated in an adorable room by the fireplace with three tables.
Our server, Carson, was very friendly and helpful. I had a glass of the pinot grigot and my husband had the IPA on tap.
Dinner started with a cheese and charcuterie plate for each of us- featuring an American speck (cured ham) goat cheese brie and incredible Vermont style white cheddar, fig jam, bread and marcona almonds. Yum.
I ordered the endive and beet salad with baby greens and goat cheese.
My husband had the potato leek soup.
My husband had the seared diver sea scallop appetizer with crispy pancella and gremolata and I had the stuffed mushrooms. Both were delicious! The portions were also PERFECT- not enormous, so you feel stuffed at the end of dinner, but just enough to be pleasantly full and no little boxes to take home.
I had the duck breast- cooked rare, with crispy skin- served on a bed of polenta and braised kale with a port and onion sauce. Incredible. Perfectly cooked duck!
My husband had the Spencer steak, served with garlic mashed potatoes and roasted carrots and squash, with a cognac demi glaze. Yuuuummm!
I had the cheese plate for dessert- blue cheese, gouda, olive oil and honey with crackers. My husband had the three house made scoops of sorbet- strawberry, chocolate and dulce de leche. (Oh and only $50 a person!!!) It was an amazing evening, with wonderful food and stellar service in a beautiful and unrushed atmosphere. You gotta go here!

Management response:Responded February 21, 2017

We're so glad you had such a wonderful time! We love that you were able to describe all of the meats and cheeses! Hoping we see you again soon. And, I'll make sure to tell Carson the kind things you said about him:)

Reviewed January 29, 2017

I went to lunch here with 3 friends to celebrate my Birthday. I have been here a few times and food has been hit or miss but decided to give it another try. The service is friendly but you have to get your own water and order at the counter which is OK with me. Portions are small which I expect but if small then it should taste delicious and be cooked properly. I ordered the open faced chicken sandwich. Another person at our table also ordered this. When they came to the table my chicken was a small dark brown almost jerky which was very difficult to cut even with a knife. The worst part was looking at my friends sandwich which had a larger juicy piece of chicken. Pretty nervy to serve two entirely different looking plates which should have been the same. The others at my table looked at my sandwich and suggested I send it back without me saying a word about it. We were running late and I didn't want to be a complainer so I choked it down. I will be looking for other lunch spots since this has happened one time too many. I'm sad since this place has so much potential. I also prefer to eat low/no carb meals and there is nothing on the menu that fits this requirement. (Salads have fruit or sweet dressings)

1  Thank INTANDEMBIKES
Management response:Responded February 1, 2017

Thank you very much for providing details of your experience. This was NOT up to Pink House standards. Your food should never have come out of the kitchen like this, let alone be served to you. Our sincere apologies. We would appreciate you contacting our manager so we can attempt to make this right for you. Thank you again for the valuable input.

Been to The Pink House? Share your experiences!