1,518 results
All reviews rick's cafe upper pool moroccan theme ping pong paddle boats heavenly bed lake las vegas basketball court fire pit pool side breakfast buffet sushi restaurant resort is beautiful palm trees self parking free shuttle coffee shop
Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very nice - beautiful and by the lake with lots of amenities like 2 pools, a waterslide, a game area, on site spa, gym, 2 restaurants inside plus 1 outside by the pool and a beach to enjoy the lake..... lots of potential!!! We stayed there 4 nights.

Also on the plus side:
- Bed was super comfy and suite room was spacious.
- It felt nice to be far from the strip but close enough to go out there.

Unfortunately there are a few things that we thoughts should be improved:
- Although some of the staff like receptionist and valet were very nice, others seemed very bored (lifeguards could not stop complaining about wanting to go home!) or incompetent (waiters at Rick’s Cafe...)
- Upper pool was quite dirty. We could no longer see the bottom of the pool the day we left... it seemed they « lost » the water. The lower one seemed fine although there was a lot of chlorine in it.
- We had a suite adjacent to the emergency exit and it was noisy at night. We could hear doors opening/closing and people talking. Not sound proof.
- Everything is extra... it looks like a resort but it feels like The Westin applies their business-hotel approach. For ex, you need to give a card to get pool towels, pay 80$ a day to get cabanas at the pool (it’s not on the strip.... just a remote hotel pretty much in a nowhere land), pay 7$ a piece of clothe to get it washed, etc. It does not feel much like a resort.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Lovely V, Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconveniences. We will let our hotel management team know about your experience and ensure it does not happen in the future. Thank you for staying at the Westin Lake Las Vegas. We hope to have you back again.

Reviewed July 31, 2018 via mobile

I booked a one-night stay using our SPG points. When we arrived we requested a lake view, which was available with king beds rather than queens. This worked for us. We arrived early and one room was ready, so we went to Rick’s Restaurant for a late lunch. Food and service were excellent but quite expensive.

Our rooms were very clean and furnished in classic Westin earth tones which I like. The bathroom was beautiful, large well-lighted mirror and nice toiletries. The coffee furnished for the in-room coffeemaker was excellent, not the tasteless watery brew we encountered in most hotels on our road trip. The beds and pillows are also classic Westin and very comfortable.
Breakfast buffet at Rick’s was also excellent with many choices including large platters of freshly sliced fruit.

The valet service was prompt and efficient. The only complaint about service is that we were told we would receive a call when the second room was ready, which did not happen.

My only disappointment was that when we arrived it was 116 degrees and still 111 at 8:00, so we couldn’t enjoy the outside patio overlooking the lake! We had dinner at an Italian restaurant at the nearby mall. Very good. I hope to come back someday at a cooler time of the year.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you back again!

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We scheduled a 4 night vacation here after seeing the beautiful pictures online. Little did we know how far away from everything it was! No gambling or any inexpensive restaurants located on site. Every restaurant outrageously expensive! They had kayaks and stand up paddle boards to rent, but the lake was very dirty. Don't book a room here if you want to be bored!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Lovely V, Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa and providing your honest feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Henderson.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Will not be a return customer. No customer service whatsoever. This was our first time at Lake Las Vegas so we thought the Westin would be a classy way to go. Nope. Right from check in, the girl didn’t even greet us. Gave us our key and that was it. No info about the hotel, no map, no “have a nice day,” nothing. What is this? Motel customer service? When we got to the room, we immediately knew they gave us the worst room in the house. It was backed up to the elevator which was like staying next to train or rollercoaster tracks. The clatter was 24-7. The room was completely dusty. There were no trashcans, no TV remote, not enough towels. Like this room hadn’t been checked out and now we know why. I asked for a different room, no surprise they said they had none. I would have been happier if they turned us away at check in rather than stay at that noisy room. No one should be given that room!! It should be turned into a utility room. We expressed our concern to the manager who didn’t care. At check out, same expressionless, uncaring service. Didn’t greet us, ask us about our stay, or thank us. Nothing. We’ve had better service at Holiday Inn. This Westin really puts a dent in the Westin reputation for us. It was not worth the 4-hour drive for what we experienced. Don’t bother replying, Mgmt, we will not be return customers. You suck! Save your money people. If you must be out here, try the Hilton!

6  Thank Cindy P

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

On the first night of my visit (of which I am still in the middle of) getting ahold of anyone at the front desk, room service or concierge was not possible. Finally I had to physically go back down to the front desk to make my request. Then I noticed that my room was missing towels! When room service finally delivered my first request I informed her and was told it wasn’t her department and I needed to call...again. So...I tried again and was greeted a young lady who had to put me on hold 3 times while she tried to gather herself because she was crying so much she couldn’t even talk or do her job.

I asked to speak to her manager she said he was at the front desk.... last thing I wanted to do was go physically back down there again. So I decided to call the mainline because clearly getting through on their internal phone system was next to impossible. Young lady answered the phone and put me on hold immediately without my consent. When I was finally able to talk to human being and told her what I had just experienced, the young lady apologized because it was yes in fact the same girl who had been crying just moments later.

I encouraged her to speak to someone if she was so upset that she was not able to answer the phone because of the negative impact she was having on a guest, but that made no impact on her. Needless to say when I received my towels it was approximately three hours later. Not sure what’s happening at this resort when they are not even aware of what’s happening with their employees nor do they seem to care about the effect it has on the guest.

All the departments should be working together...not passing the buck onto another especially after being told that I was not able to get ahold of anyone.

Trying to get through to someone on their phone system for several hours and waiting for towels for several more is not how I wanted to spend my evening.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank DinaCain
Lovely V, Manager at The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2018

Thank you for your review. Would you please email me your contact information to further investigate your experience?

Lovely Ventura