“A great place to try away from the strip”

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This was our very first trip to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa. We were attending a concert there and were actually pretty surprised at what an elegant place it was and that it actually isn't that far from the strip if you are so inclined to make that part of your trip. It is basically equal distance from the airport and we really had no reason to leave the place. The buildings and grounds are breathtaking and we were upgraded to a Grande Suite which can only be described as "Sweet". There were lots of different restaurants to choose from. But our stay was barely more than 24 hours, so we didn't get to check out all they had to offer. We will try to stay longer the next time and check out more of the facilities. We were look forward to checking out the fitness center and more of the restaurants next time we are in town! Everything you could ask for right in Henderson!

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I had a 2 night reservation for a medical conference here paid for by the company. My hubby and I came in a day early with an additional reservation through a 3rd party site. The taxi trip from the airport was $40 with tip. If you check in before noon there is a $25 early check in fee! Next was the $25 resort fee per night (I had never heard of this before!). I asked for a room on a higher level and got a 4th floor standard room in the east tower which is the newer of the 2 towers. I asked at check in if the 2 reservations would be linked so that I would not have to come back and do additional paperwork, and I was assured that it was all taken care of. After walking what seemed like 3/4 mile to the end of many, many hallways, we arrived at our room at the very end of the resort. Room was pretty and standard. There is a pricey mini-bar/sundry setup. I had planned to have flowers delivered to my husband for Valentine's day. I was alerted there was a package waiting for us at the business center after breakfast.They asked me if I wanted them delivered or not. I said yes, this was another $5 fee that I was not alerted to, and I tipped the bellboy well. I turned the shower on and no hot water! I had to turn the bathtub on full bore for 5+mins to get any warm water, the shower then produced the hot water. I got in, lathered up and the warm water turned into cold water that was not fixable! I asked them to send another robe up as they only place one robe in each room, but later in the evening as we were going to take a nap from the time change. 30mins into the nap the 1st phone call rang, asking us if we received the robe. I said no, but that I was taking a nap and would request it later. 15mins later there was a knock on the door with the robe! 15min later the 2nd phone call woke me up to confirm I had received the robe, I said I asked you not to send the robe as I was taking a nap, I didn't get a good response. 10min later I got a 3rd call from housekeeping asking me if I got the robe. I was so pissed by this point, I could've set the robe on fire.The next day at 1pm the maid knocked and said she had us checking out at noon. After calling the front desk, they told me I had to come down and sign more paperwork for the 2nd reservation. I stood in line for 18minutes to check in a second time! I was furious and so all my complaints came spewing out. I was offered a bigger room and so we took the presidential suite which was beautiful with hot water and all. I have no complaints about the suite. But we did have to repack and move all of our stuff. They also tried to charge me for a bottle of water missing from the mini-bar. I told the desk person to check upstairs because there were no missing unopened bottles of water--they removed this fee, "it must have been from the previous guest." The buffet was awesome! the slots were tight. The taxi ride to the strip was $45 minimum with tip. The shuttle leaves on the dot and don't be late! They offer a free limited schedule shuttle to the strip (Mandalay Bay) and to the airport. But this is limited to 12 people per time slot. They hand out 12 tickets in the lobby 30mins priot to take off. The property does not offer bingo as do the sister properties (station casinos). The mattress, even in the suite, is subpar. I worry what they will be like in 1 year. You could hear the individual springs "boinging" as you rolled off the bed or .....! The rooms were clean. the pool is not heated. There were no signs to the 24 hour hot tub I was told about. I would never stay close to the pool (east tower ground or first floor) during the summer when there are pool parties going on. There was a wedding with music going on which was loud enough, but also pretty. I will never stay here again even if the company pays for it. There is nothing outside of standard suburban shopping to do around the hotel, all the action is on the strip. Beware!

Room Tip: away from the ground and first floors facing the pool during the warm months in the east tower
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank M N
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Overall a great trip. We did have a little trouble at check in. It took over 20 minutes and there was only 2 people ahead of us. It was shift change time (11pm) and the people ahead of us asked a million questions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators.
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed tat the Green Valley Ranch Resort for business purposes. It was great! It wasn't on the strip, but if you wanted to go, getting a cab was easy! Everything you needed was there. Plenty of GOOD food and lots of FUN. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just got back from staying at the GVR and I have to say we will probably stay there again next time we are in Vegas.

We usually stay at the Platinum near the strip which is an all-suites hotel. But we were offered a good rate at the GVR that we just couldn't pass up. Overall we had such a wonderful experience that we actually didn't mind not having a suite with a kitchen. And unlike the Platinum it was nice having a casino onsite and all you had to do was walk upstairs to your room when you were done gambling rather than driving twenty minutes to your hotel.

Check-in was quick. Other reviewers have suggested requesting the West Tower which I did upon check in. However, since it was Super Bowl weekend the hotel was at full capacity and I was informed the West Tower was not available. So they put us in the East Tower on the 6th floor in Room 8656 (East Tower has seven floors) facing the mountains. There was the casino parking structure directly below our window but in the distance you could see the mountains which were beautiful. Plus we were only in the room at night so the view didn't really matter to us. I am, however, very particular about the cleanliness of the room and I have to say the room and bathroom were impeccably clean. One thing I do want to point out is when we returned to our room late at night I noticed we did not have any hot water so we had to hold off on taking showers until the morning which by then the water was the right temperature. Also the resort is very spread out so we did do a fair share of walking just to get to the casino or lobby.

I love the atmosphere in the casino and the music they have piped in. And unlike other reviewers I did not notice the smell of cigarette smoke.

The Grand Cafe is a 24/7 restaurant which I highly recommend. They have a large variety of dishes to choose from on the menu. The food was always delicious and the servers were friendly and very attentive.

We did eat lunch at the Feast Buffet one day but were not impressed except for the desserts. The desserts are delicious. Fortunately we had two free buffet tickets so it didn't bother us too much.

All in all everyone we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful from the valet and bell staff to the cleaning staff. They always acknowledged us and were eager to make our stay a pleasant one.

I highly recommend this resort!

Reviewed 13 February 2012

It is a giant resort with everything you might want and not on the strip. The pool was very nice with a types of seating all around it. The rooms are pretty average... we had a 2 bed room. It does not have a kitchen so taking the family out to dinner was kind of expensive in Vegas. When we went they did not have enough water or something so we got like 10$ for every hour the water was out. In all we got enough vauchers to get breakfast our whole trip from the buffet in the casino(terrific!). So when you check in See if there are any rewards programs or anything to get free thing. There is also a pretty big casino that is much nicer than the stratosphere or venitian. The hotel is very nice and I hope you enjoy it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Juanito B
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We have been to GRV several times and still coming back because of the great hotel off the strip with excellent shopping within walking distance and a very clean casino, nice spa and the room was quite luxurious- nice amenities The restaurants are much more reasonable than on the strip and the food was excellent. Green Valley Resort has arcade and movie theater along with the hotel and casino and restaurants. It's very convenience. Love to come back to GVR again when visit Las Vegas.
Thomas N.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank thomaspac7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa
The Mirage Hotel & Casino
#49 of 263 in Las Vegas
ARIA Resort & Casino
#16 of 263 in Las Vegas
Signature at MGM Grand
#11 of 263 in Las Vegas

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!