“Terrible rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Henderson
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Terrible rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

The property may look great from the outside, the pool is fantastic - if you are a pool person, but the rooms are awful. I have stayed here five times now and the fifth time is the last, ever. The rooms are furnished out of furniture that must have been designed in the 1960's. I was comp'ed five nights and given free casino play to boot. Then when I checked out I was charged resort fee, which they insisted I must pay. I pushed well into the mid seven figures of play there. The restaurants are fine but expensive, not worth what they want. Nice movie theatre though.

This place is a sham.

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Ron L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I love the Green Valley Ranch property. I was there in May and the weather was fantastic, just the right amount of heat. I bought a package that included a 50 dollar food credit and two movie tickets.
There's a movie theater on the property and a shopping/restaurant area right outside the casino. The chain stores include Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Coldwater Creek and Brighton.
The fitness center is very nice. There are weight machines, treadmills, bicycles and elipticals. What made it really awesome for me was the pool next to the fitness center. After I worked out I was able to utilize the pool without a lot of racket and screaming children. It was heavenly. There's a separate pool area for the noise lovers. The only downside of the fitness center was the young ladies working at the front desk. I found them to be rude. One day I was told immediately that there would be no robe available to me because I wasn't getting a spa treatment. I didn't request a robe, so I'm not sure why she needed to put that out there. Other than my expereince with the staff, I loved the fitness center and pool!
I love playing poker and the poker room is nice with awesome dealers. It's mostly locals playing which is fine with me. Everybody seems to know one another and it makes it feel like a home game.
The registration staff were very nice and so were the bellman. Great car hops too!
I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
worldwide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I have visited LV a lot and just recently found this new spot. I used to stay on the strip at all of the big hotel/casinos. A family member was getting married in Vegas and suggested this location for their guests. It was my first time staying not on the strip.
Moving forward I will never stay on the strip again. I love that this hotel is like a real hotel and the lobby is very easily accessible. There is no huge casino maze to reach it. The hotel is very tastefully decorated.
The strip is just a quick cab ride and the hotel ha taxis close by and another plus is there is no huge taxi line one needs to wait in to get a cab.
The pool is very relaxing and I liked that it was a more civilized crowd. No first time vegasers or just turned 21 year olds. There was a "party" section of the pool but it is enclosed. the majority of the pool is very relaxing and inviting.
The rooms are nice sized and I found the staff to be very helpful

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed at the Green Valley Ranch Resort while attending a wedding. Valet parking was complementary and the valet was very helpful and friendly. Check in was more than pleasant as we were greeted by Tamara who was genuinely helpful and courteous. The grounds and pool area were very nice. The room in the East Tower was spacious and well appointed. Its just a short distance to the Las Vegas strip, but free of the crowds, noise, and congestion. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We have stayed at the GVR for a number of years, pretty much since it opened. The reason we keep returning ?..... we think it is the best off-strip casino property and in our view tops the Red Rock too. Totally relaxed atmosphere with a good choice of dining options (good to see the Grand Cafe back). Hanks is our favourite for steak. Contrary to the review by apollo7886 below, we find the hotel to be extremely clean (especially the rooms) and the vast majority of staff are very helpful indeed. The pool area is great, and I'm pleased that the pool-side music was at a more acceptable level this year. Of course, if you're a guest, you can also use the spa pool for free and this is a nice option. Yes, the rooms could do with some extra lighting, but that seems to a general trend with rooms in LV. We are already looking forward to next years visit.

Room Tip: Get a players club 'Boarding Pass' - it will significantly reduce costs at the buffet. Also...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nashers
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

Stayed here for one Saturday night in May 2012, wasn't expecting to be impressed, but I really was.

Check in was quick and easy and rooms are of a very high quality and as good as the higher end rooms on the strip. Very comfortable beds and plenty of room. The rooms have Bose soundwaves (like at Red Rock) , so bring your favourite CDs, they sound great on it.

The casino is also large with plenty to keep you occupied.

However the outstanding feature of Green Valley Ranch is that the outside patio and grounds are open all the time (unlike most strip properties, where once the pool closes, you can't use those areas anymore). They have plenty of seating and oversize 'beds' to lounge around on, so on warm nights and early mornings it's a great place to relax and unwind with a view of the strip twinkling in the distance. I may be sticking my neck out here, but it's possibly the nicest landscaping anywhere in Las Vegas

When I was there, there was a mix of clientele. Loud party scene at 'the pond' and quite a few kids at the pool on the Saturday afternoon. However first thing Sunday morning at the pool was really chilled out, with only a few people around. So whether you like it rowdy or quiet, just adjust your schedule accordingly.

The only real downside is the resort fee, but I used the gym, which was well equiped, read the paper, used the wifi and the 2 for 1 drinks coupon.

Overall I was very impressed and highly likely to come back for longer stay on a future trip

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Moorhead, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We come to Vegas several times a year; always stayed on the strip until we came upon this great place. Rooms are gorgeous (the ones we have anyway), our host Pete Scarpa, is the best! Now that they revamped the restaurent so it's a 24/7 made a big improvement and the food is great. Ate at Hank's last night and it's a "must" if you like elegant dining with great service. Once you stay here I don't think you will look any further when you come to Vegas.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joy822
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
16.8 km away
M Resort Spa Casino
M Resort Spa Casino
#1 of 25 in Henderson
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,201 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!