New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa

Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 26 Hotels in Henderson
long beach
“Usually a great experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We usually love this hotel but found it to be very annoying this trip. Upon arrival, we were offered a room upgrade to a pool view but for $20 a night which I've never had to pay for as long as they had the room but whatever. The guy at the front desk knew we had a four year old but neglected to tell us that the band at the pool bar plays til 11:00 at night!!!! So needless to say not so excited to pay more money just to not be able to sleep until after they were done. Staff at the grand cafe was also very rude and just a little thing.....the candy bar in the mini bar was so stale!!! Blech. Also, there was a a huge frat party (about 50 kids) in the pool, being completely obnoxious all day. Chicken fights, splashing, etc. I know not the hotel's fault but ugh. Not our best experience there.

Room Tip: Don't get a pool view if you plan on sleeping before 11pm. Band plays til then.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank mrsscoopy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
Nashua, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

The property may look great from the outside, the pool is fantastic - if you are a pool person, but the rooms are awful. I have stayed here five times now and the fifth time is the last, ever. The rooms are furnished out of furniture that must have been designed in the 1960's. I was comp'ed five nights and given free casino play to boot. Then when I checked out I was charged resort fee, which they insisted I must pay. I pushed well into the mid seven figures of play there. The restaurants are fine but expensive, not worth what they want. Nice movie theatre though.

This place is a sham.

Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Ron L
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

I love the Green Valley Ranch property. I was there in May and the weather was fantastic, just the right amount of heat. I bought a package that included a 50 dollar food credit and two movie tickets.
There's a movie theater on the property and a shopping/restaurant area right outside the casino. The chain stores include Pottery Barn, Williams-Sonoma, Coldwater Creek and Brighton.
The fitness center is very nice. There are weight machines, treadmills, bicycles and elipticals. What made it really awesome for me was the pool next to the fitness center. After I worked out I was able to utilize the pool without a lot of racket and screaming children. It was heavenly. There's a separate pool area for the noise lovers. The only downside of the fitness center was the young ladies working at the front desk. I found them to be rude. One day I was told immediately that there would be no robe available to me because I wasn't getting a spa treatment. I didn't request a robe, so I'm not sure why she needed to put that out there. Other than my expereince with the staff, I loved the fitness center and pool!
I love playing poker and the poker room is nice with awesome dealers. It's mostly locals playing which is fine with me. Everybody seems to know one another and it makes it feel like a home game.
The registration staff were very nice and so were the bellman. Great car hops too!
I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

We went for Sunday brunch and was seated at the bar though there were open tables in the restaurant. Both female bartenders ignored us for 10 minutes before one broke off from her conversation and brought us menus from "Grand Cafe" not The Pancake House that we loved! When we asked what happened she mocked, "We serve pancakes" and walked away. The food we received was cold, old and tasted like it was pre-made or processed. Dirty dishes were left uncollected by any bar staff. When our meal was literally dropped in front of us the dirty piles nearby went untouched. Not appetizing to eat next to dirty dishes! Skip the Green Valley Ranch and make the drive to The Original Pancake House on Charelston!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank AJ G
worldwide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

I have visited LV a lot and just recently found this new spot. I used to stay on the strip at all of the big hotel/casinos. A family member was getting married in Vegas and suggested this location for their guests. It was my first time staying not on the strip.
Moving forward I will never stay on the strip again. I love that this hotel is like a real hotel and the lobby is very easily accessible. There is no huge casino maze to reach it. The hotel is very tastefully decorated.
The strip is just a quick cab ride and the hotel ha taxis close by and another plus is there is no huge taxi line one needs to wait in to get a cab.
The pool is very relaxing and I liked that it was a more civilized crowd. No first time vegasers or just turned 21 year olds. There was a "party" section of the pool but it is enclosed. the majority of the pool is very relaxing and inviting.
The rooms are nice sized and I found the staff to be very helpful

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

Stayed at the Green Valley Ranch Resort while attending a wedding. Valet parking was complementary and the valet was very helpful and friendly. Check in was more than pleasant as we were greeted by Tamara who was genuinely helpful and courteous. The grounds and pool area were very nice. The room in the East Tower was spacious and well appointed. Its just a short distance to the Las Vegas strip, but free of the crowds, noise, and congestion. Would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Kent
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

We have stayed at the GVR for a number of years, pretty much since it opened. The reason we keep returning ?..... we think it is the best off-strip casino property and in our view tops the Red Rock too. Totally relaxed atmosphere with a good choice of dining options (good to see the Grand Cafe back). Hanks is our favourite for steak. Contrary to the review by apollo7886 below, we find the hotel to be extremely clean (especially the rooms) and the vast majority of staff are very helpful indeed. The pool area is great, and I'm pleased that the pool-side music was at a more acceptable level this year. Of course, if you're a guest, you can also use the spa pool for free and this is a nice option. Yes, the rooms could do with some extra lighting, but that seems to a general trend with rooms in LV. We are already looking forward to next years visit.

Room Tip: Get a players club 'Boarding Pass' - it will significantly reduce costs at the buffet. Also...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nashers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Henderson
Summerlin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 16,520 reviews
ARIA Resort & Casino
#14 of 267 in Las Vegas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 22,266 reviews

Been to Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!