“Solid lunch spot with good pizza”

Sammy's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Sammy's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 792 Restaurants in Henderson
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: International, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pebble Road
Reviewed March 4, 2018

My wife and I went to Sammy's recently for lunch after visiting Hoover Dam. The restaurant is very large with multiple seating areas. We sat in the front area. Menu includes appetizers, pizzas, sandwiches, salads and pastas. There were lunch specials. We split the Mediterranean sampler and New York pizza. The sampler includes hummus, babaganoush and labneh cheese. The pizza was excellent - good crust and toppings. Friendly service. Solid choice for lunch and fun atmosphere.

1  Thank u2fan56

Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Sammy's place is just next to where I live and it's nice if you want to just have some "alone time", grab a cold beer with some fries or a nice tasty sandwich. They also have some slot machines.

1  Thank 1,111,777
Reviewed January 27, 2018

We went during off-hours, so the restaurant was nearly empty. The place itself is very nice--clean, modern, and spacious. The service was excellent throughout--courteous, quick, attentive. Absolutely no complaints there.

My husband and I each ordered pizza. The food wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. First, if we return, I'll try one of their thin crust pizzas. The regular crust was soggy on both pizzas, which we weren't expecting from a woodfired pizza. I had the burrata and pesto. The flavor was good, but the oil from the pesto was everywhere. My husband had (I think) the New York. It had salami, pepperoni, and mushroom. The meat was good, but he said his had way too much red sauce on it and it overwhelmed the pizza. On a positive note, the menu is clearly labeled for vegetarians and vegans, which is appreciated.

Reviewed January 2, 2018

We went as a family on New Year's Eve and all seven of us were disappointed. The appetizers started the meal out well, however. The hummus with bread was good and the truffle fries, but it all went downhill from there. My salad with chicken and balsamic dressing was huge served on a small plate. The salad was always falling off the sides which made it hard to eat. The lettuce was drenched with dressing which had an odd taste. The steaks were tough and the shrimp linguine was overpowered by the thick glob of sauce. My husband usually leaves his plate pretty clean, but even he did not care for the pasta. The desserts were ok.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Back once again for a terrific dinner at Sammy's. We thoroughly enjoy the ambiance here, as well as the fantastic food.