“Cowabunga Yay! ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$84.99*
and up
Skip-the-Line Access to Vegas Attractions With...
Ranked #12 of 68 things to do in Henderson
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

What a great day out with the family! We had an amazing time at this water park! We loved the theme of the park being like a 60’s summer beach. The water slides were actually quite intense and my teens loved them. The lazy river had a good current and kept you moving. The wave pool was a bit cold for our liking but the private pool at the cabanas was a beautiful warm temperature. The cabanas were well worth it and the service Kylie provided was second to none. Overall it was a really great day with the family! Would highly recommend this place!

All reviews
in 37 reviews
"passes"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

Very fun experience with the kids, we had a good deal and took our young children along. I would recommend going on a weekday since we went on a weekend and it felt a little crowded

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

The Cowabunga Bay team is awesome. My mom, my daughter, and I went today. We were frustrated trying to get our online tickets from Groupon. The staff (Celeste & Ashley) knew we were frustrated but remained calm helpful and patient the whole time. We went in the park but within the first 30 min, my mom began to fill faint and weak. I wasnt even sure she could walk to the front. I told the same two ladies what was going on. They rushed into action, got my mom an ice pack and gave us tickets to return. We are so thankful!

1  Thank Shaavon L
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Our family is from Florida and we have visited tons of water parks......this has probably been the worst one we have been to.

We attended on a weekday and the there was no crowd at all. It was 7 bucks to park and about 125 dollars for the three of us. If your child is over 48 inches they pay full price.

We had no problem finding chairs near the wave pool and were eager to ride some rides. The first ride we rode was Surfing USA. This ride should not even be operating! You lye down on a rubber mat and race head first down the slide in your own designated lane. We have been on several slides like this at different parks. The life guard gives you instructions before riding and part of the instructions are "if you get stuck just wiggle" ...huh? I didn't think much of it until we rode it. My 7 years old son got stuck midway through the ride and had to exit at that point. Even adults we getting stuck midway through the ride. This is not normal. They need to fix this and then reopen it. Every ride we rode.....and we rode all but one....people were getting stuck at various points and even while on innertubes. One slide was closed and the life guard stated that the ride was closed because everyone was getting stuck so they are adding more jets to the slide. They All Need This!

Also the "Wild Surf Big Kahuna" ride had about 30 people in line. We decided to wait. After being in line for about 10 minutes we finally saw riders on the slide. Then another 10 minutes went by. Doing the math it would be a couple of hours so we never rode it. We couldn't figure out what the hold up was until we saw employees trying to inflate more tubes for the ride. We went to the other side of the park and same problem. There was little to no line for the slides but they didn't have enough tubes blown up so you had to wait at the bottom for a life time. It was really ridiculous. The parking lot was 1/3 full I could only imagine how bad it would have been on a busy day.

As a side note, there was a lighting storm that came through and they were trying to evacuate the pool and rides. We were in the wave pool at the time. All of a sudden lifeguards blew their whistles and then made an odd twirling motion with their fingers. We had no clue what they were doing. Then one life guard was trying to yell over the music that was playing. No mega phone. No cone to speak through like every other water park we have been too. You couldn't under stand what was going on.

We ate there and it was typical theme park prices but the food was decent.

I read the rules prior to going and it stressed absolute no outside food or drinks or coolers. I saw people with coolers being allowed in. I asked the staff and they strayed that as long as it's only bottled water in the cooler. It would be nice of their website stated that.

Overall this water park had potential as a
good small attraction if they made some improvements. It wasn't worth the 200 dollars we spent on admission, parking, food and drinks.

4  Thank shelby r