“Casual Dinner at the Luna Rossa Pizzeria (around the corner)”
Review of Luna Rossa

Luna Rossa
Ranked #19 of 792 Restaurants in Henderson
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2017

We were staying one night at the Hilton Lake Las Vegas at the beginning of our National Parks tour. With two kids (11, 13), we were looking for something casual and simple. While Luna Rossa looked awesome, we were looking for something more casual. 3 doors down from Luna is their Pizzeria Cafe.

We sat outside while the kids played by the lake and enjoyed a nice house chardonnay. I was pleasantly surprised - also a great value at $6 per class. We ordered a large cheese pizza and fried zucchini, which both of my kids did not want. When the zucchini arrived, the kids would not share. It was probably some of the best fried zucchini I have ever had. The dipping sauce was great for pizza crust as well.

The cheese pizza was simple, yet good. Sauce was solid - not to sweet and the cheese was great. Our family was happy.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

While not the be-all and end-all of Italian restaurants, this is a pleasant enough place to dine and features a patio with views of Lake Las Vegas. The menu is large and features entrees at different price points, with options from pizza to fresh fish. The pasta is good, and the salads are OK, if not exceptional. While seated immediately, we were left to our own devices for quite a long time before someone realized our orders had not been taken. Once "in the queue", service was fine. So, for those trapped in either the Hilton or the Westin, this is a nice respite, but don't expect the best Italian food you've ever eaten.

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

First, know that is more like $$$$, not $$-$$$. Once you get past that... the food is fantastic. We sat outside and had a great view of Lake Las Vegas. Wanted to try lots of the meals so we each got something different and shared. One pizza could feed three to four people.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

I am still thinking about the meal I had here! The crostini appetizer was insane, the linguini with clam sauce was so garlicky and delicious that it tasted like I have never have clam sauce before! I also ate most of my husband's fries gnocchi appetizer and a piece of his pizza and swear it was better than any we had in Italy! I wish we lived near Las Vegas so I could dine here more often!

Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

After reading the other reviews I felt this would be a better choice than the hotel restaurant...I was wrong. Cute location, attentive service. However, beware the menu posted on TripAdviser is NOT the current menu at the restaurant. The prices are about double and the variety is about half. I ordered a glass of prosecco and was given a glass of flat, tasteless, blah. The house salad was good (although I ordered the Caesar). The spinach manicotti was fine but not great. The quality of food was maybe $$, but clearly since it's a resort area they think it should be $$$$. I would have been more pleased with an In-N-Out burger and about $70 richer. Too bad I gave up fast food for Lent.