“Pretty great place -” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Winona, Minnesota
“Pretty great place -”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was a very nice property overall - though I have to say it was missing a few things - like the phone in the living room didn't work and the lamp went on and off depending on whether you jiggled it. If you could get past little things like that, it was a very nice room.

I read reports about the train whistle, and I do have to say that there were times I heard it faintly, and a couple times when it sounded like it was actually coming through the floor below me, even though I was on the 57th floor. So... light sleepers might not love this. I was on the "city view" side - a.k.a. ugly view of giant demolition zones and pretty hills in the distance, but I'm not sure being on the other side of the building would mask that train whistle. On the bright side, the bed was a dream to sleep on.

I upgraded my room to a one-bedroom suite for just $35 a night more than what I paid for a three-night stay on Hotwire - which seemed like a great deal to me. But I had to ask for bathrobes to be brought up - which are definitely worth asking for. One thing I really didn't like was that it seemed really dark in the suite. One thing I really loved was the gigantic bathroom. Huge. But the "plasma TV" embedded in the mirror barely worked and had a terrible signal quality - another one of those misses in what could have been a truly luxury experience.

It is just not that far to the strip, but I don't think I would walk it at night because it's dark, and on one side of the road you actually run out of sidewalk because of construction. The shuttle to Caesars Palace was handy, and cutting through the Fashion Mall during the day saved tons of walking. Even not cutting through the mall though, it really was less than five minutes to the bustle of the strip.

My hat is off to the staff of this hotel, who I found to be, without exception, extremely polite and helpful. Whatever Trump Towers was missing, being treated so well by the staff certainly made up for it. They made it a very classy experience.

The only people I didn't love by the end were the pool staff - I about died of thirst waiting for a drink - and I would have drank more if they ever came back. Service was incredibly slow even though the pool was practically abandoned. And as far as pools go, it was nothing fancy, but it was a comfortable place to soak up a little sun.

I'd stay here again if I got a good deal on it - it's not the nicest place I've ever stayed, but it is awfully nice, though it would be better if the stuff in my room worked better.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank cindirelly
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear valued Guest:

We too love Trump International and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your time here with us. Our restaurant, DJT, and The Spa at Trump are just a few of the amenities and outlets that our guests enjoy while they stay here with us. I'm pleased that you had a great time with us and hope that your future trips to Las Vegas find you staying with us again. We'd enjoy the opportunity to serve you again.

Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,638)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sunnyvale, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Bid a 5 star hotel for vegas on Hotwire and you will get TRUMP which has NO CASINO, not sure how a square building with a square pool and only a couple small cheezy places to eat qualify's for 5 star... was my own fault for booking via bid process but of all the hotels in Vegas... This hotel shouldn't even be on the list for when you bid or have an option to click "no" casino... very disapointed and Hotwire was no help as expected... anyway won't use them again!

Room Tip: If you want a casino and are ok with an average pool which they charge $30 per day for don't sta...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank John C
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions about your experience at Trump International. The vast majority of our guests book directly through our hotel to ensure that they end up staying with us. There are some wholesale channels that are opaque leaving the traveler to accept whatever hotel they are assigned. I'm sorry that you were hoping to stay elsewhere and didn't get what you had hoped to receive.

Alameda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

In planning a family trip to Vegas with two kids, I wanted a hotel that was accomodating for children where there wouldn't be gambling, smoking, half naked women, etc., and Trump was perfect for us! We stayed 4 nights during spring break (this month) and we hope to go back this summer.

The location is great--a long block off the strip but not too far to walk to everything. Realistically, it is a long walk to go between the major hotels anyway so this was a non-issue. Because it is off the strip, there are no people loitering outside, no panhandlers or people handing out the graphic cards, no foot traffic to contend with when accessing the hotel and not much traffic. We discovered that walking through Fashion Show Mall was a fun shortcut to the strip and the entrance to Nordstrom is directly across from Trump's entrance with a marked pedestrian crossing in the street. There is a free shuttle that goes from Trump to Caesar's, and from Trump to Wynn which is down the long block and across the street - we used the shuttle several times and this was also great.

The valet is great and included with the daily resort fee. They did get a little busy but we didn't mind waiting a few minutes for the car. The bell desk will store your luggage if you need to check out before you are ready to leave. You can print your boarding passes in the business center. All these little details make a difference!

The hotel itself is very clean and the lobby is simple & beautiful! There isn't anything "extra" like an aquarium, rainforest, or circus; but it is functional. The elevators are just through the lobby so unlike at some hotels where you walk 15 minutes through a casino just to get to the elevator, at Trump, you can be in your room within minutes of walking through the front door.

The rooms are set up in pairs with a door from the hallway into a small foyer with two doors leading to two different rooms. This would be great if traveling with another family (we weren't). I think there were people in the adjacent room but I never heard them (it is quiet). There is a doorbell in the hallway, and there are switches/lights for "do not disturb" and "housekeeping" which is so much nicer than the door tags. We had a "city view" room and the view is nice - mountains in the distance, buildings, and we could see the Stratosphere and Circus Circus. I see no need to pay more for the strip view!

The room was just like in all the photos I had seen. It is large compared to any standard room and simple yet elegant like the lobby. The king bed was comfy though the sofabed was not quite as comfy. There is a TON of storage space. There are two wardrobe closets and there are upper cabinets big enough to put several large suitcases so they are out of your way, plus other storage. There are tons of kitchen cabinets and there were basic cooking pieces. You can request more dishes if needed and they are replaced daily. There is a 2 burner cooktop, large mini-fridge, microwave, blender, toaster and one cup coffee pot. I wish there had been a freezer but we managed. We bought groceries for breakfast and snacks which saved us money over eating out everyday.

The bathroom was enjoyed by the whole family! Who would think it would make a difference but it really did. There is a small tv built into the mirror and my kids loved watching tv while soaking in the very large, deep jetted tub. Other times, they pulled chairs in there (yes there is plenty of room for several arm chairs) just to watch tv. We loved the large walk in shower and separate toilet room. There is lots of storage in the vanity cabinets which was nice too.

We did not try the on site restaurant but the pool side drink service was nice. The pool was closed a few days because of high winds which was disappointing but for safety. The pool also has limited hours (8am to 7pm when we were there), but I'm not sure if the hours are the same all year or not. The pool itselt was awesome for our kids with a maximum depth of 4 ft (I think). There were lots of kids in the pool with the adults sunning on the super comfy chairs. There is plenty of seating and some nice extra large reserved chairs next to the pool. There are lifeguards despite the "no lifeguards on duty" sign, and there are at least 2 whirlpool spas.

Check in/out was easy and quick and there were no surprise charges. This was one of the few hotels I've ever stayed in where I felt at home and truly comfortable. We did not want to leave and considered staying extra days. We will go back and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else, even if the kids were not with us!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank 1MidwestMama
Dear valued Guest:

I am so happy to hear that! We look forward to having you back with us and to providing more memorable experiences like the one you have mentioned.

McAllister, MT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We just stayed 3 nights at The Trump in Las Vegas and it was wonderful. There is no casino in this hotel so it was quiet, peaceful and beautiful. Every staff member was very helpful. The restaurant was very nice with delicious food and pleasing atmosphere. Our room was elegant, spacious and filled with every amenity imaginable.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sending a great review to Trip Advisor. I'm happy that your stay went well and that you enjoyed the hotel. Please consider returning for your future trips to Las Vegas. I hope that you will do so as we would enjoy the chance to serve you again.

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed on the 46th floor in a 1-bedroom corner suite. The room was spacious, clean, and very nicely furnished. The kitchen was very convenient, especially being that we had our 10-month old on the trip with us, and we were able to prepare and store many of her meals. A crib (nice quality) was provided free of charge for the duration of our stay. The suite had two bathrooms (two showers), Three TV's (living room, bedroom, bathroom), 270 degree views of Las Vegas and the strip with floor-to-ceiling windows. As some reviewers have mentioned, the bed was somewhat squeaky-- it was comfortable though, not lumpy at all. Bedding was high quality and very clean.
There is a set of train tracks SW of the property. I heard the train on occasion, never while we were trying to sleep. The sound is minimal from the 46th floor. We actually found that the helicopters flying by made more noise (helicopter flight path is immediately west of the hotel).
Check-in and check-out were efficient, as was room service and concierge. The pool is wonderfully warm, drink service poolside is awesome!
This hotel is no more than five minutes walk from the strip (2 blocks). Those who complained about the distance to the strip must be lazy. We walked over to Wynn multiple times, walked to and from Mirage, Bellagio, Paris, you name it. Perhaps we had no issue because we enjoy wandering and checking out the sights. There is a free shuttle to Caesar's Palace or Wynn every 15-20 minutes.
Fashion show mall across the street is worth checking out. We had a few meals there at Chipotle and California Pizza Kitchen- both of which were good, economical choices.

Room Tip: Upgrade upon arrival if you want a 1-bedroom suite, it will cost less than if you had reserved a 1-b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 85er
Dear valued Guest:

I'm pleased to read that your stay was great and that you enjoyed yourself. We take great pride in our hotel and service and I'm happy that we were able to provide an experience to you that was memorable. Thank you for your review...

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

We booked to stay here for 40th birthday celebrations in March 2012 so wanted something special and that's what we got. The rooms are very spacious; the bathrooms are huge and spotlessly clean; they are a bit mean with the free coffee & milk, but overall a great hotel. It has no gambling facilities and for us that was a huge bonus! The noise from the train did wake us up occassionally - even though we were assured that we had a room where we were away from the track - you could still here it at about 5am. We loved everything about staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Teresa Jane W
Dear valued Guest:

I'm happy that you loved your stay with us. We enjoyed serving you and I hope that your positive experience will bring you back to stay with us again.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed at the Trump Hotel last week. It was our first trip to Las Vegas, and we didn't realize how crowded, dirty, smelly, and smoky certain parts of Vegas are. We were so happy that we booked the Trump, because it really was an oasis after a busy day in Vegas. Returning to the Trump each afternoon and evening after walking up and down the strip was a wonderful experience because of the beautiful, smoke-free lobby, the friendly faces, the fast elevator, and the beautiful, comfortable room.

The service at the Trump was five star. Everyone we interacted with was wonderful, and I especially was impressed with the shuttle drivers. They have a busy day of driving the free shuttles to the Wynn and the Forum shops, and yet they still smiled, jumped out and opened the door for us, and provided helpful tips each time we rode with them. They also provided a hotel car to take us to our flight when we left early on our final morning. The door men smiled and welcomed us back each time we returned. The check-in desk was fast and efficient, and our reservations were upgraded because we were celebrating our anniversary. The ladies at the conciege desk helped us know where/how to print our boarding passes the day before we left-- they have a system on the computers there that make it very simple.

The lobby was beautiful, the elevators never had a line (and there are multiple elevators for floor divisions), and the second door to the room meant that we never had to hear vacuums or loud guests in the hall (a pet peeve for me at most hotels). The room was clean, spacious, and decorated in a sharp-looking, modern, stream-lined style. There were more cabinets than you could possibly use for your things, and the kitchen appliances all worked wonderfully. The coffee provided wasn't great, but they replaced the supplies everyday and replaced our water bottles as well. I took Starbucks Via just in case I needed extra, and there was a tea kettle supplied to make it with. The bathroom was amazing. The only problem we had at the hotel was that the shower water was difficult to adjust sometimes (too hot or too cold). However, that wouldn't keep us from going back. The bed was so comfortable, as well.

I would suggest asking for a strip-view room on a high floor. We were on the 50th floor, and we could watch the Bellagio fountains from our window! The floor-to-ceiling windows are wonderful for daytime and nighttime views.

We don't gamble, so we were thrilled that there were no loud slot machines, noisy crowds, smoke, etc., in the hotel; however, if you wish to gamble, the Wynn is only a 5-minute walk away, and the shuttle can take you there as well. For that matter, the Wynn and the Venetian, both very close, had some of the nicer gambling areas that we saw. I loved that the Trump is in a great area of the strip-- we enjoyed visiting the Wynn/Encore, the Palazzo/Venetian, and the Fashion Show Mall. And these areas don't have as much of the smut peddling that you see further south on the strip. You can walk through the Venetian/Palazzo shops coming up the strip, or through the Fashion Show Mall as well, and you can avoid much of the crowding, traffic, and heat on the sidewalks outside.

The Trump Hotel is clearly concerned about providing good customer service, and that is something that is very important to us. They met and exceeded our expectations. We will recommend them to anyone traveling to Las Vegas, and we would happily stay there again. The Trump is truly an Oasis in Vegas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SunriseEspresso
Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experiences and opinions concerning your recent stay. We pride ourselves on our service and our rooms and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed both. Please come back to stay with us as we would enjoy serving you again.