“Could NOT HAVE been better!!! Loved this hotel!”

Ranked #13 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Hotel was amazing, staff was friendly, room was extremely clean and beautiful. The line was long to check-in, but the manager was pulling waiting customers from the line to speed up checki-in. We were checked in within 15 minutes of arriving. Valet parking is free, the hotel lobby is gorgeous. It was our anniversary and we received a free upgrade to a strip-view room. The room was amazing. The staff were extremely helpful and although the breakfast was outrageously priced, they directed us to a few local spots that offered more affordable options since we weren't that hungry. The hotel was in the middle of the strip, an easy walk to the nice mall and any casino we wanted to go to. Our flight didn't leave until 3:30, so they allowed us a late checkout for free as well. Overall our experience was wonderful and I will be staying there again! We have recommended this hotel to all of our friends. Not sure that I would ever stay anywhere else in Vegas!

Room Tip: Strip-view rooms are worth the upgrade. Beautiful!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traci K
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear valued Guest:

What an amazing review to read... Thank you for your detailed account of your stay and for sharing your viewpoint concerning the hotel and your experience. I hope that you took the opportunity to sign up for The Trump Card program so that you can gain rewards for choosing to stay within the Trump Hotel Collection.

There are newer reviews for Trump International Hotel Las Vegas

Reviewed 15 April 2012

Having stayed in Vegas before & staying in a casino on the strip, we purposely chose to stay off the strip this time. Method in our madness- well every other time we have been to Vegas, you spend more time in the other casinos than you do where you are staying & it seems to take for ever to get out of the hotel, through the casino to get to the strip.

For this reason we chose the Trump & would stay here again. When comparing rack rates at the time of travel, this hotel came up as our best option & didn't let us down. We had a lovely suite with all our needs catered for & thankfully everything worked. Yes we could hear the train which seemed to come from nowhere the first night but after that we didn't seem to notice it.

I do agree that it only just scrapes in as a 5 star compared to some other hotels we have stayed in but we also back pack a fair bit so this was a nice treat after our last trip to Laos. The staff were great & always attentive, the room was fantastic & the meals big. The shuttle to Ceasars was handy but the walk to the strip even late at night was an easy 5 minute stroll & we never felt at all in danger or uncomfortable.

This hotel suits for those who want to visit & enjoy the night life but when they've had enough can go back to their rooms without having to run the gauntlet of the slot machines. All in all would stay here again when visiting.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
TrumpLV, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear valued Guest:

We appreciate your review and the fact that you enjoyed your experience with us. It looks like your "method to your madness" is the same as many of our travelers. Please know how much we appreciate your business and we look forward to having the chance to serve you again.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I just stayed 5 nights at Trump Las Vegas. Got an excellent rate of $80 through hotwire. My experience was just good. I was asked at chck-in if I wanted to upgrade to a larger suite for $50 a night since it was a slower week. I declined, but they missed an opportunity for a strong 1st impression since there was plenty of space available for free upgrades. The Suite: the bathroom was fantastic, the bedroom was very good, but my television had to be fixed 4 times by a technician!!! The other reviews that mention the loud train noise all day...it's real. The spa facility is excellent and surprisingly empty the three times I paid the $12 extra fee to use the steam/sauna (this is not included in the required $25 resort fee). The location is off the strip behind the Fashion Show Mall. You can walk through the mall or walk on a side street to Las Vegas Blvd. in the daytime. I asked the doorman/bellman if it was safe to walk on the side street at night since the mall (Nordstrom) closes at 9pm. He replied that it was sketchy and that it is best to take a cab or the Trump shuttle. Bummer! If I do hotwire again, I am hopeful that I don't get The Trump since I would not put it in the 5 star category.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank MartinB68

Dear valued Guest:

Our goal is for all of our guests to enjoy a luxurious, relaxing experience while staying with us. It sounds as if this was not your experience and I would like to apologize for that. Please give us another chance to serve you. I am confident that we can change your image of the hotel and provide you with a flawless experience.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

This was a very nice property overall - though I have to say it was missing a few things - like the phone in the living room didn't work and the lamp went on and off depending on whether you jiggled it. If you could get past little things like that, it was a very nice room.

I read reports about the train whistle, and I do have to say that there were times I heard it faintly, and a couple times when it sounded like it was actually coming through the floor below me, even though I was on the 57th floor. So... light sleepers might not love this. I was on the "city view" side - a.k.a. ugly view of giant demolition zones and pretty hills in the distance, but I'm not sure being on the other side of the building would mask that train whistle. On the bright side, the bed was a dream to sleep on.

I upgraded my room to a one-bedroom suite for just $35 a night more than what I paid for a three-night stay on Hotwire - which seemed like a great deal to me. But I had to ask for bathrobes to be brought up - which are definitely worth asking for. One thing I really didn't like was that it seemed really dark in the suite. One thing I really loved was the gigantic bathroom. Huge. But the "plasma TV" embedded in the mirror barely worked and had a terrible signal quality - another one of those misses in what could have been a truly luxury experience.

It is just not that far to the strip, but I don't think I would walk it at night because it's dark, and on one side of the road you actually run out of sidewalk because of construction. The shuttle to Caesars Palace was handy, and cutting through the Fashion Mall during the day saved tons of walking. Even not cutting through the mall though, it really was less than five minutes to the bustle of the strip.

My hat is off to the staff of this hotel, who I found to be, without exception, extremely polite and helpful. Whatever Trump Towers was missing, being treated so well by the staff certainly made up for it. They made it a very classy experience.

The only people I didn't love by the end were the pool staff - I about died of thirst waiting for a drink - and I would have drank more if they ever came back. Service was incredibly slow even though the pool was practically abandoned. And as far as pools go, it was nothing fancy, but it was a comfortable place to soak up a little sun.

I'd stay here again if I got a good deal on it - it's not the nicest place I've ever stayed, but it is awfully nice, though it would be better if the stuff in my room worked better.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank cindirelly

Dear valued Guest:

We too love Trump International and I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your time here with us. Our restaurant, DJT, and The Spa at Trump are just a few of the amenities and outlets that our guests enjoy while they stay here with us. I'm pleased that you had a great time with us and hope that your future trips to Las Vegas find you staying with us again. We'd enjoy the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Bid a 5 star hotel for vegas on Hotwire and you will get TRUMP which has NO CASINO, not sure how a square building with a square pool and only a couple small cheezy places to eat qualify's for 5 star... was my own fault for booking via bid process but of all the hotels in Vegas... This hotel shouldn't even be on the list for when you bid or have an option to click "no" casino... very disapointed and Hotwire was no help as expected... anyway won't use them again!

Room Tip: If you want a casino and are ok with an average pool which they charge $30 per day for don't sta...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank John C

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions about your experience at Trump International. The vast majority of our guests book directly through our hotel to ensure that they end up staying with us. There are some wholesale channels that are opaque leaving the traveler to accept whatever hotel they are assigned. I'm sorry that you were hoping to stay elsewhere and didn't get what you had hoped to receive.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

In planning a family trip to Vegas with two kids, I wanted a hotel that was accomodating for children where there wouldn't be gambling, smoking, half naked women, etc., and Trump was perfect for us! We stayed 4 nights during spring break (this month) and we hope to go back this summer.

The location is great--a long block off the strip but not too far to walk to everything. Realistically, it is a long walk to go between the major hotels anyway so this was a non-issue. Because it is off the strip, there are no people loitering outside, no panhandlers or people handing out the graphic cards, no foot traffic to contend with when accessing the hotel and not much traffic. We discovered that walking through Fashion Show Mall was a fun shortcut to the strip and the entrance to Nordstrom is directly across from Trump's entrance with a marked pedestrian crossing in the street. There is a free shuttle that goes from Trump to Caesar's, and from Trump to Wynn which is down the long block and across the street - we used the shuttle several times and this was also great.

The valet is great and included with the daily resort fee. They did get a little busy but we didn't mind waiting a few minutes for the car. The bell desk will store your luggage if you need to check out before you are ready to leave. You can print your boarding passes in the business center. All these little details make a difference!

The hotel itself is very clean and the lobby is simple & beautiful! There isn't anything "extra" like an aquarium, rainforest, or circus; but it is functional. The elevators are just through the lobby so unlike at some hotels where you walk 15 minutes through a casino just to get to the elevator, at Trump, you can be in your room within minutes of walking through the front door.

The rooms are set up in pairs with a door from the hallway into a small foyer with two doors leading to two different rooms. This would be great if traveling with another family (we weren't). I think there were people in the adjacent room but I never heard them (it is quiet). There is a doorbell in the hallway, and there are switches/lights for "do not disturb" and "housekeeping" which is so much nicer than the door tags. We had a "city view" room and the view is nice - mountains in the distance, buildings, and we could see the Stratosphere and Circus Circus. I see no need to pay more for the strip view!

The room was just like in all the photos I had seen. It is large compared to any standard room and simple yet elegant like the lobby. The king bed was comfy though the sofabed was not quite as comfy. There is a TON of storage space. There are two wardrobe closets and there are upper cabinets big enough to put several large suitcases so they are out of your way, plus other storage. There are tons of kitchen cabinets and there were basic cooking pieces. You can request more dishes if needed and they are replaced daily. There is a 2 burner cooktop, large mini-fridge, microwave, blender, toaster and one cup coffee pot. I wish there had been a freezer but we managed. We bought groceries for breakfast and snacks which saved us money over eating out everyday.

The bathroom was enjoyed by the whole family! Who would think it would make a difference but it really did. There is a small tv built into the mirror and my kids loved watching tv while soaking in the very large, deep jetted tub. Other times, they pulled chairs in there (yes there is plenty of room for several arm chairs) just to watch tv. We loved the large walk in shower and separate toilet room. There is lots of storage in the vanity cabinets which was nice too.

We did not try the on site restaurant but the pool side drink service was nice. The pool was closed a few days because of high winds which was disappointing but for safety. The pool also has limited hours (8am to 7pm when we were there), but I'm not sure if the hours are the same all year or not. The pool itselt was awesome for our kids with a maximum depth of 4 ft (I think). There were lots of kids in the pool with the adults sunning on the super comfy chairs. There is plenty of seating and some nice extra large reserved chairs next to the pool. There are lifeguards despite the "no lifeguards on duty" sign, and there are at least 2 whirlpool spas.

Check in/out was easy and quick and there were no surprise charges. This was one of the few hotels I've ever stayed in where I felt at home and truly comfortable. We did not want to leave and considered staying extra days. We will go back and I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else, even if the kids were not with us!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank 1MidwestMama

Dear valued Guest:

I am so happy to hear that! We look forward to having you back with us and to providing more memorable experiences like the one you have mentioned.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We just stayed 3 nights at The Trump in Las Vegas and it was wonderful. There is no casino in this hotel so it was quiet, peaceful and beautiful. Every staff member was very helpful. The restaurant was very nice with delicious food and pleasing atmosphere. Our room was elegant, spacious and filled with every amenity imaginable.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Dear valued Guest:

Thank you for sending a great review to Trip Advisor. I'm happy that your stay went well and that you enjoyed the hotel. Please consider returning for your future trips to Las Vegas. I hope that you will do so as we would enjoy the chance to serve you again.