“Worst motel 6 stay ever”

Motel 6 Las Vegas - Tropicana
Ranked #174 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Worst motel 6 stay ever”
Reviewed 26 December 2011

I stay in many hotels. Most of time Motel 6. I had asked for a quiet room. I disliked my room as soon as I checked in. It stunk, was old looking & I knew it was not going to be quiet. I had drove all day from Reno to Vegas. Had a bad headache, stomachache & extremely tired. I used the bathroom & then called front desk to see if I could switch to another room. I had not brought any of my luggage in & the room was still clean. Front desk said no I could not switch because I had used the bathroom. They could easily have looked @ room to see that it was still clean. All night long, my upstairs neighbour walked across the floor. Very noisy. I complained to front desk but they Hung up phone on me & did nothing. I do NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Quite poor Motel, our non smoking room smelled smoke from a mile away, cleanliness was sub average, no breakfast and the Internet no included. Yet... everything even remotely close to the strip comes at a price...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed for two nights at this Motel 6, wanting somewhere central, with parking and a pool, and no casino. This ticked all those boxes - it is right across the road from the MGM Grand, and is an easy (if traffic-filled) walk to the Strip - less than 10 mins. Parking was plentiful and felt pretty secure with people around all the time. The pool was a real boon - large, sunny with shaded tables and sun loungers, and quiet with hardly anyone else using it. There was some traffic noise, but you get that everywhere in Vegas.

The room was one of the recently remodelled ones, which basically means a lick of paint and new bedspreads. It looked clean, but our feet got filthy if we walked around barefoot, and then I saw a cockroach scuttle under one of the beds... The next day a dead one was on the bathroom floor. Not a sign of cleanliness.

But - for an average of $60 per night - this was ok. Free coffee in the mornings and a small onsite shop for muffins and the like. Not the best but we'd probably stay again - just keep our shoes on!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Booked this Motel 6 for a Thursday night on my way thru to Death Valley. Booked online and picked one of the "New" rooms, seems Motel 6 has a new look. The room was only$40 for the night so why not and I had my dog so I needed a pet friendly place. I generally stay at Motel 6 because they are pet friendly but had not had the pleasure of the new room.

This Motel 6 is across from the Airport but there was no noise all night. Super quiet!!

Check in was quick and efficient, the staff friendly. The room was great, sort of a Euro feel to it, lots of cubbies to put stuff and a nice flat screen tv!!! Had a 2 bed room, so it was a bit tight but what a nice change from the old style. Loved the bathroom!!!

Thank you Motel 6 for staying true and still providing inexpensive rooms that are functional and being pet friendly without charging me extra.

Also, make sure to go eat at the Coco's next door. Great service and the food was awesome. Nice clean restaurant and it is open 24hours. There is also a convenient mini mart on property (for morning coffee, which is free for Motel 6 guests) for all of your needs and they sell souvenirs too!

Room Tip: Pick the new rooms is that is an option. They are very nice.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank stockds
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2011

the first thing i saw when the cab drop me off was a security guard with a side arm strip to his hip....i was thinking to myself ( what did i get myself into) i book it for a week less then $30 a night
check in was easy and fast ..room was small but newly remodel ...house keeping was great they let me sleep all day. only once they woke me up to ask if i needed any thing. i really like that because i'm a night person...play all night sleep during the day ...came a went all hours of the night never had a problem.(felt safe) coco 24hr restaurant next door, 24 hr store on site. over all great location, clean safe, cheap. just what i order...i'll be back

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank ed12_10
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 November 2011

It was a terrible experience.

Things about my experience that I see in the reviews below:
- THIS MOTEL HAS SERIOUS CRIMINAL POPULATION
- THIS MOTEL WAKES YOU UP ON THE MORNING OF YOUR CHECKOUT STARTING AT VERY EARLY HOURS, MULTIPLE TIMES

They kept sending the security up to my room to throw me out - right after i checked in (they assigned me to someone else's room) and then also when i was trying to check out )... it came to my attention that a serious criminal element has infested this hotel and so they are nervous that anyone could be involved. Perhaps some kind of drug ring or something? Although I'm not really sure but it was the strangest experience I've ever had a budget motel. Also, their wireless was broken. I will say that when the security came to my door on the final morning, they laughed when they saw me, saying that i did not look as dangerous as the front desk had described (WTF?). I was there for a wedding and I am a professional person, traveling alone. I was told that had i been spotted before hand, i would have been advised not to check in because its so dangerous there. Thank god the security was so nice, he even carried my bag to my car and admitted that they are not motel 6 employees. I cant imagine what would happen if you got a nut for a security guard who went psycho on you... seems like you'd have no recourse. This motel is not good location for families, middle aged couples or women traveling alone.

I would also like to say that i was well aware of the redesign and had stayed here prior, which is why i booked a room here. the place has changed and people should take this seriously.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Victoriah_2000
UK
Reviewed 12 November 2011

I have stayed here for many nights and have never had an issue with service, cleanliness, security or safety. This hotel has all basic requirements and is convenient. The staff are so friendly they remember me when I re visit.

Room Tip: Area around pool is good and also near shop/reception.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple