2,677 results
All reviews summer bay full kitchen time share off the strip washer and dryer gas fireplace shuttle service five pools living room koval lane no elevator walk in closet high roller both bedrooms on site restaurant rci exchange laundry room
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed in block 21 room 111 'one bedroom apartment' for 21 days in May. I will start with the positives 'there were many' full size kitchen with nice big fridge freezer great cooker microwave oven, pots and pans plenty of plates glasses and crockery. One thing we loved is that the washing facilities were away from the main living area in a room off the balcony.
Great walk-in closset plenty of storage and a secure safe 'which is a must in a city like Las Vegas. The bed was a great size with plenty of room to move around it. The bath was massive with an over head shower. The restroom was fine even though some comments said it was very small but it was fine for us. The clearners came in every day to tidy up except when you put your no desterbe sign outside the door.
My negitives were 'on the apartment' The Televisions 'one in the living area and one in the bedroom were a little high so you do get neck ache looking up all the time. The couch in the living area needed replacing due to no give in the cushions that you sit on. The air condition can be very noisy 'so take your ear plugs' you can not adjust it from room to room so all had to be the same. So if one of you were cold and you wanted to turn one room off you can't. My husband and i as stated were there for 21 days and although it was very quiet during the week from Thursday to Sunday we suffered somewhat very loud noise above our room with moving of furniture and walking across the floor which we could hear through our ceiling. On some nights we could not even sleep it was that bad.
Over all we were very pleased with our stay, everyone was very friendly and helful and would do anything to help if you had an issue. You could always park outside your appartment or near by. There was always someone on the gate checking that you were a member. It was nice to get away from the main Strip to the peace and quiet after a busy night of gambleing. There is a very good shuttle service to and from the strip if you do not have a car. Its great on the conplex that you have free wifi 'as most places charge fortunes' so you can take your laptops and not have to worry. Over all it was a pleasent vacation and we would not hesitate to return. For the money you pay its a great deal so if you are looking for a nice place to stay minutes off the strip and you enjoy somewhere with not many children this could be for you. Some times the pool area does become crowded so make sure you are there early to reserve your spot. Hope who ever visits has a great vacation like ourselves.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank linz1926
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom it was ok nothing special. I've been to better timeshare apartments type suites in Las Vegas. Nice flat screen tv's in every room. It served its purpose as we wanted to all stay together in an apartment style hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank djkBuf
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I stay here frequently when I'm in Las Vegas. This resort appears to have been apartments or something simialr at one time. All units have been serioulsy upgraded and have all the comforts of your home. The club house was recently built/remodeled and is fantastic. All employees of this resort are super friendly. It is about a 15 minute walk to the strip and is located due east of Harrah's, The Flamingo, and Imperial Palace. Presently there is a lot of construction going on across the street so beware of that.

Room Tip: Select any room but one referred to as a "Strip View" room. Your bedroom windows front onto the traffic on Koval Lane and the ongoing construction.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank 8,640
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I am a 20 year RCI timeshare owner of a two bedroom unit at Scottsdale Camelback Resort in Scottsdale, AZ. I tried unsuccessfully to book a two bedroom unit for May 11-18, 2012 with Holiday Inn Club at Desert Club Resort, Las Vegas. After looking long and hard I settled with a one bedroom. During check-in at the resort, they told me they had two bedroom units available but I would have to contact RCI directly to see if they would allow me to switch..otherwise they would have to charge me extra for a two bedroom (really.. I shouldn't be charged extra since I own a two bedroom in Scottsdale!). When I contacted RCI directly they told me that they could "not" honor my request since I had already reserved a one bedroom. I told them I was very disappointed with their lack of 'customer service' and that I planned to write a review to reflect my disappointment .
The 'pull out ' coach in the one bedroom coach was uncomfortable and left me with back aches. Be aware of that the hotel shuttle driver that dropped us at Bally's did not tell us what shuttle to look for at 'pick up' time. The shuttle buses are mostly unmarked, are all white and they look alike. After waiting for 25 minutes, we decided to walk back to the hotel which took us 30 minutes in the heat. Our unit was located on bottom floor and the walls are paper thin. You can hear your upstairss neighbors when they walk across the floor, take a shower.. almost anything they do. If you get a choice, try to get a unit higher up on either second or third floor to alleviate the "noise factor".
I gave the resort a three rating since overall the resort is nice. however we do not appreciate or condone the deceptive games that are played between RCI and the RCI resorts such as this one as it relates to availabilty of units for RCI timeshare owners.

Room Tip: To alleviate the 'noise' factor, see if you can secure a room on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank mwelzee
Reviewed May 14, 2012

If you are looking for a spot close to the strip, that is reasonable and has acceptable amenities we would recommend this location. Our second stay here. We are a couple in our late 50's.
Shuttle service to the Strip was excellent. 5 to 10 minute ride. We liked the size of the resort and the fact that there are 5 separate pools with four buildings surrounding each pool.
Service was first rate. It is obvious the service team is working very hard at customer satisfaction. We rented a car and it is a short drive to VON's for groceries as we like breakfast and lunch in. We found the resort to be quiet and relaxing.
Brand new Club House. And older resort that has been upgraded.
We were pleased with what HI Club Vacations had to offer and would return.

Room Tip: Would recommend staying away from building 1 or 2 given their close proximity to Koval Lane and traffic. Would try to stay on the south side of the pool, facing north towards the pools if possible. In the afternoon no on in a south facing suite is on their balcony because of the heat.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple