2,636 results
All reviews summer bay time share full kitchen off the strip washer and dryer gas fireplace shuttle service living room five pools koval lane no elevator walk in closet high roller both bedrooms onsite restaurant laundry room third floor
Reviewed November 6, 2017

The reason for my visit was my mom’s 60th birthday. She had never been to Vegas, and we were hoping for an amazing stay. We decided to get the two bedroom villa because there were 4 of us, and we needed a place where we can fit all of us and still give my mom a hint of privacy.
Upon our arrival, we were greeted and directed to the check-in agents. We first met Cho, Cho was seemingly polite and informed us that they had a villa for us on the first floor, but it was not ready.
He indicated that he would notify housekeeping to get on it immediately, which was fine, as we got there at 2:45 and check-in was not until 4:00 per website.
Cho gave us a 20 coupon and sent us across the hotel to someone who pitched shows. We were not interested, because it felt like it was most likely headed down the timeshare path. I can’t say for certain, but I wasn’t willing to find out.

Then 30 minutes had passed and we were a bit exhausted from the flight, and decided to check on the progress. Cho said the room is not ready yet and I could tell this experience was going downhill. We waited another 30 minutes, and my sister decided to ask Seddy was the room ready yet, and she just said to us rudely, the room is not ready and check-in is at 4:00. She also whispered to Cho, tell them check-in is at 4:00pm. So 4:00pm hits, and we go back up to the check-in. Cho says again, the room is not ready. So now I am extremely upset, and it is turning into a bad experience. Not only were they telling us that the room was not ready, there was a couple right beside us who’s room was given away and none was available to them. Anyways, once Cho said the room is not ready, Seddy tells Cho to tell them the room is now ready, but how does she know this when no computers were checked by her? I found that strange. I felt like if you prefer customers to wait until exactly 4:00pm you should indicate that instead of telling us the room is not ready. People can deal with honesty and open communication better.

Once we arrived in our room it gets even worst. The room was filled with marijuana smoke. So if check out is at 10am and we are waiting until 4 pm and the room still smells like marijuana smoke that’s a problem. Do your staff members smoke in the rooms after customers leave? Not only was the room engulfed in the scent of marijuana, but the bathroom sink was clogged and the lock on the door was broken. Are these things you did not see when getting the room together? Once we called to inform the staff about the odor, Tony had an attitude as if we were the ones inconveniencing him about the state of the room. I was completely disgusted by the attitudes of the service staff, and the state of the room after having waited over an hour. We were too exhausted to even think of patiently waiting for another room, which they probably didn’t have being that they had difficulty locating a room for the couple whos room they gave up. smh I could not see myself ever using this hotel again, they are careless and insensitive and that says a lot because I have never written a bad review about a hotel ever, this is the first.
They did give us a free room clean, which to me should happen anyway, but it did not fix the attitudes of some of the staff.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank FemmesFatale
Reviewed November 3, 2017

If you think being a SPIRE member, spending tens of thousands a year on this one company, is going to get you any latitude or courtesies at THIS Vegas scum tank, forget it. They could give a RIP. I called this hotel prior to booking to confirm they had A.) a room ready for early checkin, and B.) ELEVATORS, as I'm aware some of these rebranded "resorts" are NOT up to IHG standards. Getting a big YES to both I went ahead and clicked on book now. 5 minutes later I was AT the hotel. Forget IHG membership privileges here (no special lines). Finally at counter surprised with NO room ready, and NO elevator. I had made res 5 minutes prior. Prompt request for cancelation was met with every imaginable response to turn a loyal IHG Spire member to a hostile enemy combatant. Front desk management was a JOKE. All recorded and videotaped in plain sight. End result: these scumbags actually kept full night stay charges. THIS IS NOT A PROPERTY THAT HONORS IHG STANDARDS AND SHOULD NOT HAVE IHG ANYWHERE IN ITS NAME. And because the stay doesn't show up in the IHG system I can't even review it on their site!!! Don't worry Desert Club, more reviews coming. Will not forget this anytime soon.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Joe M
Reviewed November 3, 2017

Perfectly located just about a block behind the Linq High Roller wheel and Vegas strip. You walk onto an inclosed block of restaurants and shops just behind the strip. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Condo is updated and immaculate. They even clean the BBQ grills located by pool regularly! We had a one BR and I requested the 3rd floor and had balcony overlooking pool.Booked through our vacation club but were treated as if we were part of Holiday Inn Club Vacations.The pool bar/restaurant had great food at reasonable prices. We definitely want to stay again when we come back!

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed November 3, 2017

Now Vegas is not my thing, but it was part of the road trip with the husband and his kids. I was relieved to see that the accommodation was not on the main strip and fairly quiet.

The apartments were ugly and dimly decorated, but cleanliness was ok - I probably would have awarded a average.

The reason for poor is basically the customer service, the worse I came across on our trip.

On our first full day the cleaner came abruptly banging 3 times asking us in a curt manner when we are vacating the property - I said 3 times that we were booked in until the following day.

There was rubbish and soiled sheets left on the communal area during our stay

I went to reception and asked where I could buy a mobile charger and they were dumbfounded and couldn't really help - I know I am a Londoner, but surely my accent isn't that difficult!.

I just found the staff only interested in you when they were trying to flog timeshare! After 10 hour flight, 8 hour time difference and a 6 hour car journey - sorry I don't even want to select from the menu let alone look at timeshares.

I would not recommend this place, but then I wouldn't recommend Las Vegas neither.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Talie M
HIClubCounselor, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Desert Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2017

We're sorry to hear you were disappointed in your stopover at Desert Club Resort. It's always our goal to provide our guests with comfortable accommodations and outstanding service. In our location, our guests have the best of both worlds, with spacious accommodations and full kitchens, away from the bustle of the Strip, but just steps away when you're ready for more of the excitement! Your feedback is much appreciated, and we hope you'll give us your consideration, should you ever make your way back to Las Vegas, where we can show you how wonderful a vacation with us can be! Thanks for sharing your comments.

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

I came to Vegas with another couple so it was four people to a one bedroom suite. The room had everything from pots and pans to a washer and dryer to a mini sewing kit. We stayed here for 4 days and three nights and it’s not a bad walk to The Linq I would give or take 10 minutes or so. We got stationed to the second floor and it seemed we didn’t have any neighbors by us since it was really quiet. I didn’t have time to check out the pools, although when I was leaving (my last day) the pool looked quite tempting to jump into. Check in was a breeze and they also have shuttles that will take you to certain places in the strip although the times weren’t that convenient for me. Only bad thing I would say about this hotel is when they did house cleaning they forgot to leave us toilet paper and dish soap. Besides that everything was good to my standards and I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends