“SEMA was Awesome”

SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Convention Center
Ranked #20 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We went to the SEMA show in November. There was so much to see it was almost overwhelming. The site was great easy to get around considering all the people. The thing I liked most about the location was you could catch the Mono Rail from the strip and be there in minutes. It is a short walk from the train to the site but easy. The show it self was great. Everything Automtive you could think of seemed to be there. If you are into vehicles the you should go. If you are not part of the auto industry you can still go and walk through the parking lots and see some of the most amazing vehicles ever. The show is put on every November. It is the Speacial Equipment Manufactures Association. It is well worth a visit .

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a week while there for a show at the convention center and had a positive experience. The staff was great - VERY friendly and helpful, a pleasure to see coming and going and remembered us by name by the third day. Here is a rundown on what we (my wife and I) thought of this hotel:

Pros:
People: GREAT staff, freindly and professional. Asked for extra towels and pillows and they arrived immediately.
Location: Great for convention center - about a block away. Cabs to strip are about $10 and $16 to the airport.
Room: Interesting layout. Liked the desk and sitting area. Seemed small but layed better suited for bigger area. Shower had great water pressure.
Extras: Bar in lobby was convenient for post show beer and there was also a Stop n Shop right next door. Roof area was nice place to unwind with good view of downtown.
Breakfast: Great selection. Real eggs (not powdered as see more and more) and varied meats from day to day. Plenty of cereal, oatmeal and breads. To be included with room was really nice and we didn't wait long on any of the mornings we were there.

Cons:
Smell: The first room we went to smelled of mildew so bad we left immediately. The second room was slightly better and we realized that it was in the A/C. So, we left the window open and by the time we got back it wasn't bad.
Bedding: The pillows we way too soft but that also seems to be the norm in most places these days. They delivered their "firm" pillows and they weren't much better.

Overall, it was a good stay and if coming to town for a convention, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the strip and the view is pretty good. I would suggest a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was my first stay in a Springhill property and I was quite pleased. I liked the look of the room, its layout being a little different from most hotel rooms.
I was there for the "Magic" show at the Convention center which is pretty much just across the street although its about a block to the main entrance. It was nice to be able to leave the show and go right to my room rather than to have a cab ride first.
The room was clean & quiet as was the area outside. The decor is current and comfortable.
The only thing I didn't care for was the coffee maker as it uses little disks to make individual cups of coffee and since I like strong coffee I tend to double up most hotel's coffee but it wouldn't work in this case. Not that big of a deal as there was free coffee to go on the breakfast buffet - not bad coffee at that. One hotel (not Springhill) I stayed at charged extra if you tried to take a coffee to go off the "free" breakfast buffet. The Springhill breakfast buffet was pretty good - the first morning of the show was quite hectic and the staff was having a hard time keeping up but if you waited a few moments you could get what you wanted. I also thought it closed rather early - I think it was supposed to be finished at 9:00 am but seemed to be open for a while after.
I did have a couple of issues while I was there - the tv stopped working and the toilet developed a tiny leak . The staff said the tv was probably just the power cord as they commonly work loose when the tv is swiveled from the living room to the bed area. Unfortunately the toilet was a bigger job and I opted to change rooms which was cheerfully facilitated by the staff.
I did not partake of the pool or other facilities. Of course this hotel has no casino but the LVH is across the street and the Riviera and the rest of the strip is just across a parking lot.
Over all, I like the hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I recently stayed at the SPringhill Suites for 3 days for work, and was very happy with the room with which I was provided. Linens and bedding is very comfortable, and the room is quite dark at night for sleeping. The small fridge, coffee maker and microwave were unexpected but definitely nice to have. Free internet was a definite bonus, and being able to work at the work station or wireless was nice. The room and bathroom and water closet were all clean. The buffet breakfast is actually a decent spread, with scrambled eggs, bacon, toast/bagels, waffle station, cereals, fruit etc. The front desk staff were very helpful in assisting us with taxis and advice on getting around. The one beef we had was in accessing the rooftop pool and fire pit. We were told repeatedly that they were 'cleaning the pool' so we couldn't access the roof. Lookign right out the door at the pool, the same red hose laid on the ground for days in a row... not being used. The pool was not being cleaned, nor filled. And even if it was, the fire pit area is separate from the pool. We had to go through quite the rigamarole of asking at least a half dozen workers to let us access the rooftop for some fresh air during our conference, and we didn't appreciate the snarky front desk woman claiming the pool was being cleaned or filled, depending on when we asked. Otherwise, a nice place to stay, though pricey if you don't get a deal on the room rate.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

The hotel is located almost across the street from the convention center. It is not very close to The Strip (Las Vegas Blvd). It is not a typical Las Vegas hotel. It does not have a casino or a flashy lobby. My room was not large, but quite nice. There were two separate bathrooms. One with a shower and vanity and the other had the toilet and a small sink. The bed was very comfortable and there was a nice desk to work at. The 37” HD TV was also very nice. The free internet was good when it worked. It was non-working for almost 24 hours. The breakfast was your typical buffet with eggs, waffles, oatmeal, pastries, and cold cereal. The amenities are on the top floor (24th). The gym was pretty big, and the outdoor pool and spa provided a nice view of Vegas. The lobby bar serves an acceptable meal if you’re looking for the basics. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This to me has always been my favorite for the three to four times a year I get into Las Vegas for work. It is clean, it is fresh, and it fits my needs while conducting business in the city. It is well within walking distance of the strip and great restaurants, and you get a free breakfast to start your day. I'll keep my sleeping time while at Vegas right here each and every time.

Room Tip: I like a high room either strip side or non-strip side, both offer a great view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank wkrupa
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Just got back from staying here for a few nights to attend something at the convention center.
I was very pleasantly surprised with the hotel. Good location, walking distance from the convention center. Nice rooms with sitting area, and desk. Very nicely decorated, very relaxing.
Breakfast buffet was ok in the morning, but the coffee was good.
The staff were the best, very friendly and welcoming, happy to talk with you. Will stay here again in the future

• Stayed: January 2012