“Quiet, Comfortable, Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Tropicana

Hampton Inn Tropicana
Ranked #26 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Denver, Colorado
“Quiet, Comfortable, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed 4 nights, enjoyed a suite and the bed was so comfortable, the suite was immaculate and the service was fantastic. Shuttle service was great, thank you Tony! Front desk staff was very friendly/helpful, kudos to Doug! Housekeeping was very friendly and helpful. LOVED being off the strip yet still close. Quiet & restfull and we enjoyed the free breakfast buffet each morning. Pool was nice and also the workout room. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kgcolorado16

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I had some high expectations for this hotel due to it being off the strip and expecting great service. Our room was upgraded to a conference suite for some reason. The only thing this did was give us a 10 seat conference table. Not much use at all. The room smelled terrible, and my wife said it seemed to be a sewer odor coming from the bathroom.
There is no room service, the complimentary breakfast was disgusting, and the location for this hotel is not even safe to walk around at night in my opinion. We were both disappointed with the bed. Not very comfortable at all. It pays to pick a quality hotel on the strip.
One good thing I can say is we appreciated the shuttle service from the airport. that was great, and the driver was very accommodating.
After 2 nights we ended up forfeiting our room for the remaining 2 nights and moved to a strip hotel. Huge difference...

Room Tip: Our room was a conference suite on the top floor. Not sure there is a better room than that, but we...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aussiebw
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Aussiebw:
Although we strive to exceed the expectations of all our guests, it seems that we did not meet your expectation and my apologies for that. Your comments and observations have been shared with our management team as our guest’s opinions can only help us improve our service.

Yair Eldar
Worcester, Mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Las Vegas. It is situated one black off the Strip, near the Exalibur and the Tropicana. They provide complimentary airport shuttle and will take you to and from the Tropicana. This made it super convenient for us, as we were able to be close to the strip, in a clean and comfy room, without having to walk through hoardes of tourists in the hotel lobby and making the long trek from the lobby to hotel room. No resort fees, free parking, free breakfast, free coffee, free internet. They even have their own bar in the lobby with Happy Hour specials. There is an In and Out Burger across the street, which my daughter loved. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank greenmonstah
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Our stay in Dec/11 ran very smooth.
Frindely people at the reception.
Nice people at the breakfast reception (small but was OK).
We used the car everyday to go the strip.
It worked just fine for us (couple with a 10 year old boy).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Upland, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

When I arrived I dealt with Bruce he was very detailed and helpful! The room was nice but There was gum on the top of the door that leads to another room... the showers need work it was very hard to adjust the shower head i fell doin so. The next person I dealt with was Tony the shuttle driver he was awesome and helpful as well. I have aneima and get cold easily and asked for an extra blanket and was told that there was a full house and they would bring me one and bring me another one but they never did... tell u what they did do... put my receipt under the door! we got your money... I called and spoke to Bruce and was told that he would have his manager call me regarding my concerns... still waiting.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sweetmangolala
Surveys, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tropicana, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear sweetmangolala
Thank you for contacting us regarding your stay with us.

I was pleased to hear that your encounters with our staff were mostly position.

It was disappointing to read your comments about the condition of the room. The ongoing procedure for handling any problem in a room is to take it out of service until the situation is remedied. It appears; however, this was not the case during your stay. Please accept my apologies; as well as, that of my Executive Housekeeper for this experience. We are taking the necessary steps with the housekeeping staff to prevent it from occurring in the future.

Our records indicate that a blanket, in addition to the one already in the closet, was delivered to your room; however, due to an internal miscommunication, the third blanket was not delivered. This issue has also been addressed within the departments involved.

It is my understanding that prior to your posting my staff did attempt to contact you and am pleased to hear we were finally successful in reaching you to discuss your concerns.

We strive for our guests complete satisfaction and appreciate your comments as they assist us in achieving our goal.

Thank you.
Orem, UT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We have made Hampton our 'go to lodging, staying at one or another from NYC to Ft. Lauderdale, and from Buena Park, CA to San Juan, PR. The rooms are nice, the service great, and even though it isn't the cheapest place to stay, the value for your dollar can't be topped. We recently stayed, we're still here as this moment, in LV on Tropicana's, west of I15. On our second night, the hotel was beset by 14-17 year-olds who yelled in the hallways, banged doors against the deadbolts they had set to keep them from closing, and ran up and down the halls. The few adults with the ones on our floor had as much effect on their behavior as swatting at flies. Now and then awe would hear attempts to restrain the kids, but within minutes the behavior would continue as before. When I called the desk on Thursday night, the woman taking my call asked what I suggested she do about the situation. The next day I was told there were similar groups in every part of the hotel, and there was no other room likely to be more quiet. I was later told "we have groups of kids every weekend."
I don't blame kids for being kids, and my room was nice, but 1) I should have been told, as a Hilton Honor's member, at least, that I would be staying during the stay of such a group, and 2)) some portion of the hotel should have been saved by people who wanted to SLEEP at night. I wish someone had written this for me asmine was a working trip, and my efforts were almost worthless on this trip. I'll continue to stay at Hampton, but probably not on Tropicana in LV.

Room Tip: Find out if they're catering to youngsters
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Empac99
Thank you for your comments. I was delighted to hear that you liked our hotel and the overall service. We have been working diligently to anticipate our guest needs and usually are successful in providing clean hotel and great service.
Unfortunately your stay was marred by noisy children staying in the hotel during part of your visit.
Las Vegas is a hub for different young adult sport tournaments and about 4-5 times a year all hotels, including us, will be hosting teams through a weekend. We have different procedures to handle these weekends. We usually block the sport team’s rooms together in order to separate them from our regular patrons, We also issue letters to the teams with directions as how to behave in the hotel and our security guards are on alert for noise issues. I have to point out that most team directors and parents are very cooperative, keeping tight reins on their groups.
Please accept my apologies as it seems that your stay was still interrupted by sport teams who stayed in the hotel. We are definitely going to revisit our procedures and try to evaluate any shortcomings we might have displayed.

Thank you.
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

As a person who travels for work and has been in many places, I would like to highly recommend this hotel for those travelling to the Las Vegas area for business or pleasure. This hotel is exceptionally clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great every day! Needs were anticipated and met. Travelling for work can get tedious, but staying here felt like being at home. The location is close to the action on the strip, yet off so if you need to focus on work activities those can be accomplished without difficulty. The hotel was quiet, my sleep was never interrupted. I spent 3 weeks at this hotel and I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business