“Impressed and Better than Expected!!”
Review of Donny and Marie

and up
Donny and Marie at Flamingo Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #33 of 226 Concerts & Shows in Las Vegas
Reviewed 5 December 2017

I did not grow up knowing Donny & Marie (my grandmother was a huge fan and used to watch them on TV). Thanks to Vegas advertising (voted #1 show in the last 3 years) and television exposure, I've familiarized myself with who they were and have wanted to see their show for a long time. I got my chance during the week of Thanksgiving. It was the Friday night show. Dad and I got tickets at the tix4tnight kiosk.

A word about seating and tickets - The Donny & Marie Showroom is a very intimate setting with slightly tiered booths, tables, as well as row seating. Reminds me a bit of a cabaret atmosphere. Because it's a small theater, no matter where you sit, it's a decent view. I would go as far to saying that even the last row is a good seat. You certainly won't be deprived a view. The best value would be to get discounted tickets at the tix4tonight kiosk first thing in the morning. I would forgo the dinner attachment, because common sense says it's a tourist trap. Believe me, I go to Vegas every year - I know what's considered a rip off. You most definitely can get better bang for your buck grabbing a quick (and cheaper) bite to eat elsewhere.

As for the show itself - it was amazing!! I'm definitely a fan now! They were great. Donny & Marie started the show singing together, then they each held their own solo segments, alternating twice, then at the end, they both came out together and closed the show with duets. Originally, I thought they were going to sing a bunch of old songs that I've never heard of, but quite the contrary, they did an incredible medley of their old songs, new songs, cover songs, contemporary pop, country, classical, and even Broadway. I didn't know Marie could sing opera. She sang Nessun Dorma from Puccini's Turandot. I'm an opera enthusiast, so I was delightfully surprised. And Donny can dance up a storm! They both looked fabulous and sounded fantastic - still!!

I can see why my grandmother was a fan. They were the real thing and could really sing. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to catch their show in Vegas. It was a real treat.

1  Thank Florence C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 4 December 2017

This was the second time we have seen them but the first time on thanksgiving day . Concert upto their normal very good standard. A lot of the songs were still in the show from last time we saw them 2 years ago. But there was some new material still worth going to see them very good value for the money but would recommend seats in the middle of the theatre as ones to the side which we had was slightly uncomfortable trying to turn on your side to see the stage.
Marie voice still phenomenal and Donny always energetic and the banter between the two of them always to highest fun. If in Vegas and they are on go and see the show

Reviewed 25 November 2017

When you buy the most expensive, front-center-stage tickets offered, with a dinner combined, and get what we experienced, you'd think twice of ever trusting the ticket source again. An alert usher saved the day, but you should beware. Here's what happened.

I bought tickets online two weeks before our visit to The Flamingo Hotel. We opted for the dinner/show combo. The site showed seats in the very front section next to the stage, and dinner would be served at the Planet Hollywood at Caesars Palace across the street. So far so good. Upon arrival, we picked up our tickets at will call and sure enough, we were in row one, seats three and four, section C. Seemed fine, so off we headed for the Planet Hollywood.
Caesars is enormous. We made our way to PH and were given our special show menu. The choices? Salads, burgers, and other sandwiches. The food was fine and the service was excellent, but $40 extra for burgers and salad (per person!) was obviously not my definition of a dinner show. This is a con.
Back to the Flamingo and the Donny & Marie Theatre. The usher escorted me closer and closer to the stage (the exact location was not revealed on the web site) and I was excited, until the gentleman point to a convention-style chair, right next to the stage, but 6-8 feet outside of the proscenium (curtain opening) with no clear view of the stage AT ALL! What's more, a loudspeaker was aimed directly at us just THREE FEET away, blasting so lout the sound was distorted. I was livid. "You've got to be kidding me," I told the usher, who smiled weakly and said, "These are your seats."
The show started and sure enough, we had no sight line to the performers from almost any angle, and most of the time could not see the singers. After a few minutes, I moved to unoccupied seats two rows behind ours (the most expensive seats in the house) where we still strained to hear and see the show. Furious, I looked around as if relief may come, but I was fuming. After the first three sets, the usher returned, tapped my wife on the shoulder, and motioned us to follow him. He found us two seats in the center about eight rows back, where the rest of the show was very enjoyable.
First; those original seats should not exist at ANY price. No one should have to sit where we were seated. Second; Don't sell me a $40 add on for a "dinner show" and give me a burger, even if it does include soda and ice cream for dessert. Third; Thank you to an observant usher who knew we'd been had and did his best to rectify the situation.
Now for the show: SPECTACULAR. Donny & Marie are our age. They look great. They sing all their best stuff in the original keys (they can still hit all the high notes), and their stage presence and audience engagement are world-class. These two have performed with the very best stars of American Show Business over the past 50 years, and they are consummate professionals. Highly entertaining. First-Rate. I'm out of superlatives. The entirety of the experience was wonderfully memorable.
It turns out some half-wit consolidator puts together this con job of a ticket sale, so make sure you buy only from the the original box office, and skip the meal deal if offered. It's a scam. You'll love the show. Standing ovation. Two encores. I might so see them again. Stay away from lasvegas.com.

4  Thank Stevan D
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

Had a fab night here. Donny was my childhood crush so he could have just stood there and done nothing and I would have been happy but I have to say the show was fantastic and very entertaining. I can see why it has been going so long. It brought back wonderful memories and if you are a Donny fan you will love it. Oh and Marie was fab too lol.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

OMG!!! I got to see my teen idol again in concert.
Donny and Marie look great, sound great, are great. A very well put together show. The band and dancers are definitely at the "Osmond" standard of perfection.
They each get their solo time on stage and also perform together. Special shout out to @MarieOsmond for her beautiful rendition of her opera number "Nessun Dorma". They showcase their decades in the business, showing they embody their past proudly. And they know we're there and interact with their audience.
I got 'meet n greet' tickets so that I could continue to stalk my teen idol. If you don't purchase VIP/MEET N GREET tickets, you can upgrade and purchase it. An experience I will never forget.
They have been rated #1 for the past 3 years. Not hard to see how they received the rating.

Been to Donny and Marie? Share your experiences!