“Nice, relaxing stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Nice, relaxing stay”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I visited the Vdara last July with a friend. We stayed in a corner suite with a separate living room. The suite was very spacious and had a lot of amenities. The only thing I didn't like about the layout is that there isn't that much privacy in the toilet area. The toilet is adjacent to the vanity and closet so you kinda have to announce that you are using the toilet! I liked not having to walk through a casino to get to my room. The valet service was very quick. We'd call down for the car and it'd be ready by the time we arrived in the lobby. The only gripe I have about housekeeping/room service is that if you actually intend to use the kitchen you have to constantly call for every little thing you may need. If you ask for knives and forks they give you exactly the amount for the guests in the room and when housekeeping comes they don't replenish whatever pots,pans,glasses, you've used. I think that since they offer a full kitchen it should at least have glasses, a pot, pan and basic utensils for a couple of days. Other than that I don't have any complaints. I visited the gym and loved the wet towels and water they gave you once you finished your workout. I will definitely stay at the Vdara again on my next trip to Vegas.

Room Tip: If you want a corner suite because of the view, try to get a room higher up because our view was of...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank samnyc237

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,390)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Enjoyed seven nights at the Vdara from Sunday 25th of March. Check-in was quick and easy. Staff are very courteous. Wasn’t initially impressed with room 37042 on the first night. The room was not as clean as you would expect for a five star hotel and was kept awake by music from the room next door. House keeping improved from the second day on and things were quiet until the following Saturday when again kept awake by music from adjacent room. Vegas and spring break, it’s probably the same in most hotels. Ate breakfast every morning at the cafe in the lobby, food and service were excellent. The hotel is connected to the Bellagio by covered walk way and the Aria and Strip are a couple of minutes walk away. Had a comfortable and safe stay, sad to leave after seven days.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cdnuk
Singapore
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Booked this hotel for 3 nights under southwest vacation package. Room was spacious and modern. We could see the fountain at bellagio from our window. We took some time to figure out the electric button for the curtains though. Bathroom consists of a standalone bathtub Ang separate shower. We used the walkway to bellagio and to the main street to get to other casinos. We also used the tram which bring us to monte carlo. There are no proper restaurant and we went to bellagio and other restaurants along the strip. Overall it was value for money.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank eatshopeatshop
Old Bridge, NJ
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Planned a "surprise" get away for our 25th wedding annivesary. After ALOT of research and reading, I chose Vdara. Liked the pictures of it, loved the NO casino, NO smoking concept.
As soon as I booked it and "sealed the deal", all I did was read negative comments:
1) walking to the Strip from Vdara requires a map and alot of walking
2) the $25 PLUS $3 resort fee is ridiculous. We brought no laptops. The fee was for 2 small bottles of water daily, a newspaper (in lobby, not even delivered) and FREE making up of the sofa bed if needed. Well, it wasn't and that fee was and is still a sore spot with me.
3) no bar in the pool area
4) entire useless kitchen, with no dishes or silverware or COFFEE MAKER (asked about it, was simply told Sorry...doesn't come in your room) You can however go down to the Market in the lobby, wait in a relatively long line each morning for a rather small $5 cup of coffee
As I said, it was our 25th Anniversary. Our genuine anniversary, no BS. Even brought a copy of our marriage license. They didn't care at all. Would have thought a bottle of champagne in the room (even cheap stuff) would have been a nice touch...but NOPE....didn't matter to them.
Did like the room. It was lovely. Bathroom exceptionaly clean, and the shower was delightful, despite reading otherwise about the low flow sowerhead we thought it was perfect.
Would I recommend Vdara? Eh.... I wouldn't bad mouth it, but I would simply say that since I felt overcharged by the daily resort fee FOR NOTHING, and the fact that my very special day was a non-issue to them, I personally would NOT return. There are just too many other choices out there, with hotels that DON'T kill you with resort fees.....thet DO offer free breakfast buffet with room stay, as they HAVE restaurants in their facility, and do care if and when you are celebrating an occasion. We stayed at Venetian, late 2010 and I would return there before Vdara.

Room Tip: We were on the 51st floor and had an amazing view of the Strip, the Mountains and the Bellagio fount...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJTWINMOM
Seattle
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I’ve stayed at a number of different hotels on the strip over the years and Vdara is right up there with the best of them. (Warning, it’s a bit hard to find if you are driving there for the first time as it is set back from Las Vegas Blvd and you have to drive up a ramp and around a loop, but after you get there once it’s easy).

The rooms are modern with clean lines and dark wood, and the suite is spacious. There is a partial divider that sets off the bedroom from the sitting area that leaves the bedroom feeling large and yet separates the sitting area. The bathroom is a decent size, but only had one sink and while there was a deep soaking tub, the shower was on the small side and the water pressure in the shower was weak. We were upgraded on arrival (a plus in the service category) and had a room on the 36th floor with a view of the Bellagio fountains; that’s the type of room I’d book again. It was fun to watch the fountain show from above and provided a great view of the mountains surrounding Las Vegas.

In terms of service, there were a couple of hiccups. The wait to check-in was a little longer than it should have been as was dropping off the car at the valet one night. However, bar service was great (as was the food and drink in the bar).

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a view of the Bellagio fountains
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FrequentTraveler1199
SF
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Good: Smoke free, conveniently located (attached to the Bellagio hotel by a covered walkway), very clean - it was spotless, friendly and responsive staff, no noisy casino, centrally located (thus, walkable to everywhere), amazing view of the Las Vegas strip, very stylish and beautiful hotel...very nice.

Bad: Only 1 bed in the room. The king sized bed was clean and comfortable. But, I was stuck on the sofa bed. The sofa bed was HORRIBLE. The springs were saggy, squishy, & squeaky. So, I removed the sofa bed cushions and slept on top of them on the floor. I couldn't sleep the first 2 nights. By the 3rd and 4th nights, I could sleep because I was exhausted.

Room Tip: We had a great view of the Las Vegas strip. The view was beautiful at night with all the bright neo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
houston
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Vdara was just ok. I have been to Vegas several times and I have to say Vdara is not my favorite. The distance to the strip is a little far and confusing if going thru city centre. I knew this by reading other reviews but I didn't think it would be that bad. The room was ok. The staff was nice. I asked for utensils and extra towels and we got them right away. The bar automatically add on gratuity to your bill, Im glad I looked at my check because I was about to tip them twice. It was almost as much as my check. ( didn't like that at all). Next time I will definitely stay at the Palazzo. It is so much better. Vdara was just not my style.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple