“One of the best in Las Vegas”
Review of Siena Golf Club

Siena Golf Club
Ranked #122 of 220 Outdoor Activities in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: A challenging layout at 6,816 yards and par 72, this golf course features magnificent views of the Spring Mountains and fabulous Las Vegas strip.
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is one of the best and toughest golf courses in Las Vegas. The conditioning is usually quite good (I've played here several times) and the service is fantastic. I wish it wasn't surrounded by houses, but that's pretty standard these days, unfortunately.

A plus is the restaurant. Good food. Good prices. And the cart girls are definitely cuter than most.

1  Thank mauiwolf

Reviewed 5 February 2011

We had a tee time for 11:50; arrived 1 hour early to warm-up on the range (dirt) and putt to get feel of greens. Twenty minutes I went to look for the started and he informed us that they were 20 minutes behind. We teed off 30 minutes late (12:20) and did not finish before dark. The course play was the second lowest that I have played in 40 years of playing golf. When we ask the marshal about the pace of play...he didn't know because he had not driven in front of us to know. The two cart-girls were great, very helpful and friendly. However, here is why I'll never play golf at Siena while Mike Stoud is working in the Pro Shop. We walked in the Pro Shop after not being able to finish with a schedule tee time of 11:50...three holes short of 18. We informed him of this and expecting the course to make some amends...his comment,"It is not our problem." He was disrespectful and had an attitude. When I asked for his name to be able to talk with the Pro later regarding the issue, he stated, "Make sure you get it right." His final comment was "Surely we were told when we got a 11:50 tee time that we probably wouldn't finish because it was Super Bowl weekend." Note: That would make it over a 6 hour round...you got to be kidding me.

8  Thank cashmc2
Reviewed 21 March 2010

For $175 I expect good conditions and good management. We played on Friday, March 19th and had a 9:40 tee time. We were on a reasonable schedule and planned for a 5 hour round to catch a flight late in the afternoon. We arrived in plenty of time, grabbed a sandwich, and hit a few balls, but when we pulled up on deck they told us they were 20 minutes behind. How can they be that far behind at 9:40am? Anyway we tee'd off about 10:15 and were behind a family who played very slow. There was no ranger on the course to keep pace and we ended up running off the course after 17 at 3:15. $175 and we didn't finish. Also, the greens on the front 9 were awful. They were patchy and rough. Finally, the sand was barely 1/4" deep and packed hard. Overall this was a very disappointing round for my last day in Vegas. Royal Links was a much better experience.

1  Thank Tdsmitty33
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Greens were very slow and bumpy. Overall course conditions were b or B+.

Had breakfast at the Clubhouse. Reasonable prices and good food. Waitress was friendly and attentive, however the food service was slow.

Had drinks and snacks after the round. Again, service was slow.

There are a lot of great options in town, not sure if I would come back.

Reviewed 20 March 2006

This isn't why you came to Vegas an average course in a resdential area......service was lousy.........Golf Digest was their that day and was using most of the facility......excuse the rest of us......overated!

2  Thank t-boner