“Transported to the Emerald Isles” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Links Golf Club

Royal Links Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Royal Links was built to honor the rich history and tradition of the game of golf. Designed by Dye International, this links-style course features holes inspired by eleven different British Open rotation courses, including the Road Hole and Hell Bunker from the Old Course at St. Andrews and the Postage Stamp from Royal Troon. Other courses in the loop include Carnoustie, Turnberry, Royal Liverpool, Prestwick, Royal Lytham, Muirfield and Royal Birkdale.Monuments were erected at various locations throughout the golf course indicating the spots where great moments in British Open history took place. A Champions Wall stands near the all-turf practice range honoring American champions of the British Open. Golfers may choose to engage the services of a professional forecaddie adding to the "Scottish" experience. These forecaddies are knowledgeable about the history of each hole, as well the location of the 108 pot bunkers, some of which are hidden. Walking caddies are also available and are required for those who choose to walk. Royal Links was recognized as the "Best Course in Las Vegas" in the 2006 Review Journal "Best Of Vegas" poll and one of "America's BEST Courses" by GolfWeek. Located less than 20 short minutes from the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, the castle-style clubhouse hosts a nationally recognized golf shop, which was ranked as one of "American's Best 100 Golf Shops" in 2004 & 2005 by GolfWorld Business. It is stocked with name brand apparel, equipment, quality art and collectables. The shop also offer rentals of the Callaway X2 HOT clubs and FootJoy shoes. The clubhouse is also home to Stymie's Pub, an authentic re-creation of a British pub, serving traditional fare like fish and chips, bangers, as well as breakfasts, salads and sandwiches. An on-course beverage cart service is also available. An English style call box is available at the 9th tee, providing golfers the opportunity to order lunch as they make the turn, or to have the meal delivered to them on the course. Adding some gaming excitement to the round, Royal Links offers a "Beat The Pro" challenge for all golfers who wish to test their skill against course personnel on a Par 3 "closest to the hole" contest for merchandise credit in the golf shop. Royal Links Golf Club is also features the ParMates program, a female caddy service that was designed to add a unique extra experience to your round of golf.
yuba city
4 attraction reviews
“Transported to the Emerald Isles”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

What a course and unlike any you will play in Las Vegas or any other locale in the USA. True links challenge with great service and ambiance. My wife and I enjoyed it and she even won a prize on the Postage Stamp hole. If you are going to pay a lot for golf then in my opinion it should be a unique experience and Royal Links does this to the limit. Even if you are a high handicap, the visual layout and challenge of the course makes you a better golfer. Get there early though so as to practice out of the huge bunkers you may encounter on the course.

Visited April 2011

East Coast, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kudos to Royal Links where the customer is treated like royalty!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Let me say this golf course is beautiful. The design is challenging enough even for an advanced golfer yet forgiving enough for even us hackers and kept in excellent condition. I would recommend anyone take the time to play this course for the golf alone let alone the service. For me it was a good round despite leaving my beloved 4 wood somewhere in a fairway on the back 9. I was unable to find her before having to leave back to my hotel and frankly I was devastated as she was my best club in the bag. I thought for sure my beloved 4 wood would be gone forever yet my story has a happy ending. Not only did they find my club but one "Mr. Cabbage" actually drove the club to my hotel on the strip and left it at the bell desk for me! He called to let me know he was dropping her off and needless to say I was thrilled. I was blown away they were willing to do this for me and in turn I would certainly recommend this course or any they own or manage. These guys maintain a great course, took great care of us while we were golfing AND went above and beyond by actually driving my club out to the hotel the day we were leaving! Kudos to Royal Links...where the customer is royalty!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Jeff S
Vancouver, BC
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Watch out for the Deep bunker on Hole 8.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

What a great course to play totally different they any other in Vegas, a must play and get your self lined up with the Female Caddie's best fun around while hitting the little white ball.

And after its all over go inside pul up a chair and let Nacho the bar manager serve you....what a great Man!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank disco-dale
Madison, Wisconsin
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“True links experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is the closest I have found to a true links experience in the US. Playing in February the fairways were brown and the ground dry and firm. This is the way it is in Scotland. Love it. The holes also had the look and feel of Scotland The only other course I have found that is links-like is the Dye Links course at the PGA Village, Ft Pierce, Fl. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Taxi from the strip was $30 out and $40 return.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Bob20122012
Grande Prairie, Canada
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Great course but bring lots of balls.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

It is a realy nice course but if you go in the rough good luck finding your ball. The over all course is beautiful. The holes are recreations of 18 holes from the British open courses. Even though I lost a lot of ball I would play it again it is worth it.

Visited November 2011