“50th Birthday Fun at The Imperial Palace” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casino at the Imperial Palace

Casino at the Imperial Palace
Ranked #179 of 448 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Exciting casino action at this popular gaming complex offers 75,000-square-feet of slots, from a penny up to $25, plus 42 different table games including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Mini-Craps, Pai Gow Poker and Three-Card Poker.
Pahoa, Hawaii
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“50th Birthday Fun at The Imperial Palace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We started my 50th birthday getting up early and hitting the casinos. First on the list was O'Shea's and then we went to The Imperial Palace. I was already on a happy high from winning $200 at O'Shea's on the Wizard of Oz so I was in a great birthday mood.

Once in the Imperial Casino, I headed to the Sex and The City machines and won $35 right off the bat ,then proceeded to the Wizard of Oz games which was different from the one I won on at O'Shea's; it was an interactive one where when the "wizard" appears everyone gets free spins or special bonuses depending on what character of Oz you chose to be. I hit $291 on this machine playing The Tin Man and from then on my 50th was the BEST!!

They have tons of machines here; it's a little deceiving when you first walk in as it looks small but then there are tons of machines in the back. The cocktail servers were very attentive and we really enjoyed this place so much so that we came back several times during our week stay in Las Vegas.

I don't know the approximate time but I think it was around 8pm they had performers singing in the middle of the casino on a platform high up where everyone can see them in full view. The singers sounded and looked exactly like the "stars" that they were portraying.

Honestly we had a great time at The Imperial Palace and plan to go back there when we go to Las Vegas again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Swansea, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“friendliest staff in vegas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I have stayed at the imperial palace many times and the casino is comfortable, laid back and a lot of fun. the dealertainers are very entertaining and really adds to the experience

Bristol, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great fun!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I loved the casino...good impersinators and open 24/7!! Free drinks if your playing and great location.

Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Not a "premium" atmosphere, but hip and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

I didn't stay at Imperial Palace, but my friend and I ended up coming to the casino every day of our visit. If you want a luxury atmosphere, this isn't for you. The casino is very 90's - nothing fancy or special about it. However, I found the dealers and clientele to be fun and energetic. The big draw was the "Dealtainers", as other reviewers mentioned. There is an entire area of tables that use celebrity lookalike dealers who also sing and dance. We had Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Justin Timberlake, Mariah Carey, Michael Buble, etc. Besides being good entertainers when singing, most were friendly and super fun during games. They also didn't give off the vibe of trying to move the games faster (so the casino can make more money) - instead they would often stop to chat with us, make jokes, and even dance while dealing (when not on stage). They also took time to tell new players what the correct "odds" decision was on blackjack hands, and they always "rooted" for the players, giving us fist bumps when we won and putting Mardi Gras beads around our necks when we hit blackjack. When the Dealtainers aren't performing, they played a pretty good mix of pop/dance music and they were happy to take requests and search their music files for the songs we asked for. Late at night (around 1am-4am) the blackjack minimums were down to $5, which is rare on the strip these days. One of the pit bosses recognized me on only my second visit and came over and shook my hand and said "Welcome back, good luck!" - the kind of friendly, welcoming atmosphere you don't see at a luxury mega resort like Bellagio or Wynn (at least not for "low rollers" like me. haha). If you're in the area (between Venetian and Planet Hollywood on the east side of the strip) stop in and check it out.

Ontario
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“What Vegas Used to be...not now!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Vegas used to be glittzy and over the top, filled with cigarette smoke, liquor and rowdy patrons...this is not what is expected in 2011.
We went to the IP casino prior to our Human nature show for approx 1 1/2 hours. It was 1 hour too long. The machines were plentiful but very cramped and so very close to the tables...it was crowded and very loud. The only positive element is that I found the slot machines did pay better than the newer casinos on the strip.
Compared to the Aria or Wynn...I will take the latter for just the quiet alone.

Visited December 2011