“Five Star Fun in Vegas”

Las Vegas Heavy Equipment Playground
Ranked #1 of 297 Fun & Games in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: America's first and only heavy equipment playground where YOU'RE in control. Re-live your sandbox days of being a child but this time it's for real. Huge Caterpillar bulldozers and excavators await you in one of the most memorable experiences you will ever encounter.
Reviewed August 25, 2018

My wife and I have been Vegas regulars for more than 30 years. Over that time we’ve taken
many side trips to the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Lake Mead, Hoover dam and
many other beautiful and exciting locations. However, we have to say that for sheer fun and
excitement, Dig This is at the top of the list. We had a terrific time learning how to run some heavy
equipment and by the end of our course we were both able to run our Cat 315C excavators—and had a great time doing it. The entire staff was very friendly and fun to work with, particularly Rob and Junior. They provided the instructions in a relaxed atmosphere topped off with a great sense of humor. We had such a good time that we are planning to head back to learn how to run the Cat D5G bulldozer on our
next trip. For a change of pace while in Vegas, playing in the Dig This sandbox easily earns five stars.
Grant and Michelle H.

DigThisVegas, Front Desk at Dig This, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Wow! Thank you for the amazing review, we truly appreciate it! We are so glad to hear Dig This was at the top of your list this vacation! We are so honored and glad you had an amazing time with us here! Come back soon and try a different machine!
-Travis

Write a ReviewReviews (2,470)
All reviews
"trip to vegas"
"excavator"
in 992 reviews

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We had a fantastic time. Our instructor was great. I was nervous going in but he explained everything well and gave great instructions. We had a blast!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DigThisVegas, Front Desk at Dig This, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for your review, come back soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Had a great time operating the excavator at Dig This! Tons of fun, great staff, overall just a fantastic experience. Highly recommended if you get to Vegas!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your awesome review, we truly appreciate it! Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2018

When I was a kid, I loved playing in the dirt with my Tonka Toys (tractors, diggers, etc). As an adult, I work primarily in an office and playing in the dirt is in the distant past, or so I thought. This totally brought back those fun, childhood memories just on a grander scale. I opted for the large excavator. I was super excited to get started and I wasn’t disappointed. For me, this was one of the most fun and unique activities I’ve done in Vegas and believe be because I go about 4 times a year. Not sure how I missed this one until now. The site isn’t too far off the strip. I took a Lyft to get there and back from my hotel. They don’t offer pickup. The cost can be a little pricey, but when you factor in the what they pay for (tractors, dirt field, the instructors), it’s a bargain. Where else can you play in the dirt with big boy toys.The instructor was incredible. He talk us through everything. The controls seem complicated but there really aren’t. My biggest challenge was remembering the right vs left controls. Again, no worry there. The instructor is adept at reminding you. We started with a series of maneuvers to get familiar with the operations of the excavator. Then onto digging a trench honing my skills, playing ‘basketball’, tire stacking, and a victory dance. So let me just say I LOVED this activity and highly recommend it to anyone that’s interested in playing in the dirt and reliving thier childhood dreams as an adult.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your kind review, we truly appreciate it! We are so glad you had a great time diggin't it with us here at Dig This. We are excited to have fulfilled your Tonka Toy Dream. Come back and see us again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 18, 2018

You always see that BIG construction equipment but wonder what it's like in the cab. DigThis is your chance to see this stuff up close and actually operate it. I spent an hour in a bob cat moving tires and dirt. I was always under the watchful eye of a great instructor who gave commands when needed (often). What a hoot!! Next time it's going to be the 'dozer or one of the shovels. This is way better than sitting for hours in one of those headliner shows. From the peanut gallery my wife got great videos.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
DigThisVegas, Front Desk at Dig This, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Thank you for your awesome review, we truly appreciate it! We would love to have you back the next time you are in town!