“A pleasant surprise”

Ranked #132 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Chicago,IL
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Since we were arriving in Las Vegas in the early evening, we knew it would be too late to drive to Springdale Utah. Because of the TA reviews we choose this HIE. It was farther from LV than I expected and I wasn't sure of the area since we arrived fairly late - after enjoying a great dinner in LV. The surprise began with a warm welcome and continued when we went to our room. The rooms are updated and are quite nice; very clean and quiet. The breakfast was good. When we left in the morning I was surprised to see the Air Force Base and how easy it was to be drive to highway 15 to drive north to Utah.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Timetogo55
craigmmoore, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank You for your positive feedback, we really appreciate when guest take the time to let us know when we are doing well. It is our desire to make sure that everyone of our guest, has a experience that exceeds their expectations. We appreciate you choosing us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Our company had a last minute booking to go to Las Vegas with 30 motorcoach's to begin service for a convention . The hotel staff went to extremes to make our stay a delight !The breakfast that normally starts early in the a.m. was'nt early enough for our drivers but they arranged for a very early breakfast at 5am ! In addition to that all of our drivers said that the rooms were very nice with refridgerators/mics. Easy trip to Strip ! This is an exceptional place, with excellent staff! We will go back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
What else can we say, but thank you!!

We appreciate all of your positive feedback, we are happy that we were able to accommodate you business needs and look forward to serving you again. It was truly a pleasure working with your company.
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 22 October 2011

We stopped there on our way from Utah to Cali. The hotel was very nice, room clean, spacious and breakfast pretty good. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Happen to be going cross-country and was on the tail end of a 12 hour day of driving when I asked my wife to direct me in to this HI Express (disclaimer: she had enough points for a free night.) Ran into a couple who were based at Nellis and they strongly urged me to relocate for the night due to the proximity to some sketchy neighborhoods. Great.

I chose to stay anyway and all I can say is the place was spotless. The gal working the front desk was great. And I slept like a baby: comfortable bed, clean room with excellent HVAC, clean bathroom, quiet.

Breakfast was the only thing I took one dot off for because the food was not kept at the proper temps (I paid for that a couple hours later, I assure you...ahem - can you say emergency stop at a Burger King in Barstow?) Otherwise, excellent!

Room Tip: I happened to get a room at the end of a hallway far away from the elevator, ice, and vending...so p...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
North San Diego
Reviewed 13 September 2011

After a 2+ week trip and staying at many nice hotels, including 3 other HIE (all of which were new, as was this one) was disappointed only after arriving home and checking credit card statements on line. The invoice left under our door the morning we were leaving showed the accurate charge of $84.67. Upon checking our credit card statement, we had been charged $112.67. An immediate call to the hotel brought about an explanation that the extra charge was........in case we had additional charges or damages.!!!!! And because we DID NOT, they would credit back the addition $28..
We are 2 Seniors, with cell phones, and the hotel has NO resturant! What charges were they anticiipating?
They did correct the billing but I am still left with the question of why this policy is different than every other HIE and one I have never experienced in 75 years.

The area has NO decent restuarants............which will make me more aware of location of any pre-planned reservations.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 5577
LVNellis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Here at Holiday Inn Express Nellis we would like to thank you for being a loyal guest and choosing to stay with us. We do apologize for any misunderstandings you may have inccured while staying at the Holiday Inn Express Nellis. In an effort to clarify this issue the amount in question was a authorization hold in addition to your room and tax for any inccidentals or damages that may occur during your stay.
On our Registration form that everyone is required to read and sign upon check in, it explains how 20% will be authorized in addition to your room and tax as well as how long it will take for that authorization hold to be released.
If there was some sort of misunderstanding I would like to apoligize again it is never our intentions to make our guest stay anything less than enjoyable.
Thank You for your feedback and we hope to service you again.
az
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Only stayed here because of the proximity to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Hotel is nice enough but the area is not. Breakfast is free but not great and closes by 9:30 am on a weekend! Pool is very small and really cold. I left a clothing item in my room and called later that day about it. The man at the front desk was not at all helpful and would not let me check lost and found before we left. So had to leave them behind and I'm still trying to get it handled days later....called the hotel at least 4 times and no one seems to have the same story or the ability to help me get them shipped. Might try the La Quinta that is there as well. It is walking distance to a Wal-Mart and McDonalds

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I chose this hotel for a stopover on the way to Bryce Canyon as it was as far as I thought we could get since we were not leaving LA until late afternoon. The hotel was very clean, the 3rd floor hallway was smokey, but there was no smoke smell in the room. Loved the choice of pillows. The soundproofing was great, returning from getting ice I could here people in the room next door from the hallway, but once in the room it was silent. The pool was small, but my kids swam both before bed and in the morning and no one else was in the pool. Breakfast was okay, there was a good selection but hot food was not good - the eggs were rubbery and my kids wouldn't eat the sausages. I usually don't let them throw away food, but after I tasted thiers I had to agree. It would be better to just do a good
continental. Only real cons were no nightlight in the bathroom, the light was connected to the extrator so it as either pitch black or loud and bright, not good when traveling with kids; and a minor security issue - when my card wouldn't work after breakfast I went to the desk, the staff member there just said 'room number?' and rekeyed it. I had not spoken to her previously, and she did not ask my name or any identifying information. While I was happy to get back in my room, it made me wonder how easy it would have been for someone else to get access!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Comfort Inn & Suites Las Vegas
#121 of 263 in Las Vegas
3.8 km away
Best Western Plus North Las Vegas Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus North Las Vega...
#4 of 10 in North Las Vegas
4.3 km away
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Speedway
Hampton Inn Las Vegas/North Spee...
#2 of 10 in North Las Vegas
4.2 km away
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas North Speedway
SpringHill Suites Las Vegas Nort...
#3 of 10 in North Las Vegas
23.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Las Vegas 215 Beltway

Been to Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas Nellis? Share your experiences!