“las vegas just to see it”

Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard
Ranked #40 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This property is not in the best location. You really have to hike it to get to the good parts. There is construction and open lots all around it and the views aren't that great altho I enjoyed looking at Stratosphere and the Red Rock Canyon off to the distance. However, I think it may have been the cleanest room I have stayed in. The bathroom was super clean, the room seemed fresh (and not because of the febreze spray which I actually hate... what are you trying to hide?). We were in the unrenovated side and I thought why renovate, it still seemed current. Pool area, somewhat small but very resorty... No real restaurants but nice market downstairs, food not so great but edible. Staff was super accomodating. Four stars for cleanliness and staff... but its in no mans land and no restaurants in real "walking distance". Its a 10 plus dollar cab ride to the heart of the strip. The monorail also drops you in a iffy feeling area and still a trek back. My parents had the suite and it was a very nice living space. I had the king studio and really loved it, felt safe and at home and a bargain at 89.00 a nite. If I went back, I probably wouldnt stay there again, I'm a non-repeat plus the location.

Room Tip: I think the even number rooms have a better view for now... Also its a time share property so I can...
1  Thank irgo05

Reviewed 29 March 2012

We are not members here but we were treated 1st class! The hotel is nicer than many of the casino hotels on the strip. It does NOT have a casino so if you want that you will have to go up the strip, which is easily accessible by car or on foot. You ARE on the strip between Circus Circus and The Stratosphere, but far enough away from the congestion of the main part of the strip.

The have a really nice little deli/store that is well stocked with all sorts of goodies and necessities and not too expensive. And the pools are gorgeous, we didn't swim because it was colder while we were there but our 16th floor room had a perfect view of the pools and they were beautiful.

The rooms are big and really nice. Valet parking was reasonable, $13 a day as opposed to self park at $8, I say spend the extra five bucks and save yourself the walk. We had a wonderful stay there.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dodobuck
Reviewed 28 March 2012

This was our first trip to Vegas so we were unsure of the geography of the strip and a little concerned when others told us it was right down the end of the strip with no casino. We preferred this because after being in hectic smoke filled casinoes day and night it was refreshing to come home to the hilton with its quiet ,clean and tidy surrounds . The staff were very obliging of all our needs from booking shows to transport to where to get the best supplies for our stay. Highly recommend the hilton on the strip for the valuable unwinding timeout from the hustle and bustle of fabulous las Vegas.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the strip.although it is down the stratosphere end of the strip, it is still close...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jmgljg
Reviewed 27 March 2012

wehad an extended stay in vegas, so after our free hotel/casino days were up, we moved the HGVS. It was great. Had a washer dryer in the one bedroom suite, market and sandwich shop downstairs. Rec room, business center, great pool and jacuzzi area with nice bar. Just a walk up the Riviera or a quick cab to any casino. But unless you want to gamble, there is nothing that you need you can't get there.

Room Tip: get a view of the stratosphere, you can see people jump off. one bedroom suites have washer and dry...
2  Thank tsnye
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The beds were small, and the room was not in very good shape. We stayed in a king suite and the bed was the size of a queen. When I asked about it, I was told it might be an "eastern" king. We travel alot, and always stay in rooms with king beds. This was not a king. Our freezer door had to be pushed very hard to be closed, as it was sticking on the wall. Their was a chunk of plaster gone from the wall in the bedroom. We kept the "do not disturb" sign on the door, but met up with housekeeping in the hallway daily for fresh towels. Housekeeping actually called our room 4 times a day to find out if we wanted service, and the front desk called at least twice a day to ask us to come down and get our welcome package. It's Vegas. We were sleeping! I would definitely never stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you need a big bed, don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Debby R
hiltongrandvacations, Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations on the Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. I apologize that your experience was not up to par. Regarding our room types, we have studio, 1BR, and 2BR units at our facility. They all come equipped with king beds in them. Unfortunately, we do not offer queens, doubles, or rollaways. Every room is furnished in the same décor, the only exception being the colors differ from Tower I to Tower II. I also apologize that the room had some deficiencies in it. This is not the first impression we want our guest’s to experience. I will follow up with our housekeeping department and reiterate the importance of cleaning a room up to Hilton standards. Thanks again for bringing your experience to our attention. It allows us the opportunity to learn, grow, and create memorable vacations for future guests.

Thanks.
Domenick Turco
Resort Director

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've been to Vegas and I hate walking out to do my work at 8:00AM and hearing Casino noise form the slots, gamblers etc! Well no casino here so this is not an issue!! I love it!!! If you want to bring your family this is the place to stay!!!

Room Tip: Suites on the higher views offer great views of the strip, mountains etc!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank VIAboytes
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I took my godson on his spring break to visit some national parks and we started in Las Vegas and then moved on to Utah. We stayed 3 nights at this Hilton property. The Hotel is north on the strip being much quieter and less foot traffic. The check-in was very slow. The valet parking was most efficient. The room was lovely with a big well equipped kitchen. My only problem was their selection of energy saving lighting. If you entered a room it would take 4-7 minutes to bring the light level to be able to see safely. It had a nice pool and outside space. It would be great for families, no gambling. Limited services like restaurants. I would return but bring candles…..
G from Atlanta

Room Tip: Ask for a high level and a sunset view
1  Thank Loki2990