“easy to get to car rental from here”

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South
Ranked #116 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We needed a place close to the car rental because we were leaving very early. This hotel is close to the car rental and being a Holiday Inn, there were no real surprises. The front desk check in was speedy and we were recognized as Gold Members. Very polite desk person. The room was convenient and clean, however, you can hear the airplanes throughout the night because of the location close to the airport. In the morning, at 4am, there was no coffee or hot water ready, but the night auditor was willing to make coffee and put out hot water. I mentioned that I wish the continental portion of the breakfast was out for the early travellers and she was willingly gave me a couple muffins. Very pleasant girl.

Room Tip: If you have to leave early room 101 is right by the side door.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the beginning of my travels when coming to town for business. We actually found a great rate here and decided to stay. Loyal, to the IHG brand, we didn't mind being just a couple of minutes of the strip. We were very glad to be recognized as Priority Club members and we arrived very early, around 10AM and the front desk was able to accommodate our arrival. Everyone at the front desk was helpful when we had questions and the shuttle times were like clockwork as promised and where they said they would be. For the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, my wife and I were very pleased and the breakfast, which of course is included here was a regular Holiday Inn Express Breakfast, but we were thankful for it... :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stay in hotels more than my own home. Having said that, I don't have very high expectations. But status is status. Every Holiday Inn thanks me for being a platinum priority club member, and sometimes give a bottle of water or a cookie or some token of thanks.

This hotel did nothing to appreciate my loyalty to the brand.

As far as a hotel, it is located south-west of the strip and offers shuttles every 30 minutes to Mandalay bay.

The rooms are pretty typical with the exception of the flat screen TV's. They are relatively quite, have what seemed like newer beds. For the most part the hotel was clean.

Overall the hotel was a great place to lay my head for the night. If I were going to stay more than one night, I would chose the HI Express off of Rainbow rd as it has more around it for food options. Keep in mind I am here for work and not play, if t were play, the property would be great.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The holiday Inn Express was a nice clean hotel. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were spacious. The breakfast was much nicer than your average hotel breakfast. It had many different choices. The pool was clean and well heated. Over all I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who dosen't need to be right on the strip. It would be a long walk to get to the strip but they have a shuttle bus that will take you. Very nice and clean hotel at a great price.

Room Tip: If you take the shuttle I would recommend going to New York, New york. It runs every hour and gets y...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I travel a lot and do not usually stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Nick, and the staff at this property have changed my mind. The staff was amazing from check in, to suggestions for food, even the breakfast staff always had a smile on their face. I will look at more Holiday Inn Express properties in the future.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
GeneralManager45963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Las Vegas. I apologize for the delay in response to your posting. Myself and my staff appreciated any comments posted to our guest stay with us and expecially when we here wonderful comments in regards to our staff. Thank you and we hope to see you agin soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We booked this rather late at nite, traveling home from California. It was a great find! Check in was fast and pleasant. Room was comfortable and modern. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was wonderful. It was nice to have a breakfast room with enough tables to accommodate all the people coming in to eat. There were several hot items on the menu (biscuits & gravy & make it yourself pancakes) along with a great selection of other breakfast items.

The next morning I opened the curtains and airplanes were flying low right past our window. But we did not hear any during the night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Our family of 5 stayed for 2 nights from New Years Eve and the hotel was full, with the exception of the checkin process the service in the hotel was poor.
The 2 doubles were made on the initial night but the pull out was not made up, we phoned to have someone do it, and it was basically do it yourself, the room was not serviced the next day.
The shuttle did not work on new years eve because the strip was closed off, a drop off to near Manadaly would have been handy. A Long walk. Location pretty good if you do not want to stay on the strip. Breakfast OK but mobbed and had to wait for some items. WOuld not stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family