“Nice quite hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South
Ranked #118 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Nice quite hotel”
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Clean, nice room, nice staff. Great experience and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at holiday inns lately due to their nation-wide renovations. This hotel, however, must have missed the memo. It wasn't bad, just not what I expected.

If you are traveling with a family to Vegas this is a great place to stay. It is a few blocks off the strip so it is relatively quiet at night.

The breakfast isnt all that great but it is, after all, a holiday inn express.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank LovesFoodSoMuch
GeneralManager45963, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 6 June 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in Las Vegas. I appreciate you taking the time to express your expectations of the Holiday Inn Express Brand and will definetly make sure we continue to inprove on the condition of the hotel. Thank you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed in LV for a week on business. Since it was business I did not want to deal with noisy casinos or a 45 min walk through the lobby to get to my room. This is why this location interested me. PROS: Off the strip, not a lot of traffic, laundry room, pool, gym, clean rooms, nice staff, free breakfast, free parking, close to airport and rental return center, and close to Town Square mall (lots of places to eat at the mall) CONS: Airplane, train, and semi-truck noise and thin walls. My sleep was interrupted by the noise and the crying baby in the next room to me. I hold no fault to the crying baby, just wished the walls were not so thin. I could hear my neighbors sneeze. Because of the noise I will most likely not stay here again. If you're a heavy sleeper looking for a good deal off the strip, you might enjoy this location. Also, they have a free shuttle that goes to a couple of casinos on the strip. They also have a free shuttle to take you to the airport, but not pick up.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the north. This way you can look into the parking lot and check in on your car.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ToastedBean
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear ToastedBean,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad you took the time to post what you liked about the property as well as what fell below your expectations. i sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered with the noise. We take all comments seriously and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thanks again,

Katie J
IHGCare
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This is my second business trip to Las Vegas and my second stay at the same hotel. Obviously there was nothing wrong last year so I cam back but some of my plans did not work out.

I was rather disappointed to learn upon arrival that my room (called a "king suite" at check in) did not have a refrigerator in the room. I am in town for a trade show and had planned to pack some food each day to avoid the over priced, lousy trade show food for lunch. So I have a lunch bag and no place to keep any lunch food cold. I was also surprised to find no vending or ice machines on the third floor. Oh well, that's what the convenient store across the street and an expense account are for.

The workout room is fine and the treadmill works well with no squeaking or excessive noise. The lobby is nice and the great room for breakfast is huge compared to some other Holiday Inn Express properties.

I have not tried the pool yet but did bring my suit. It's too cold right now with highs only in the 60 degree range so maybe next year.

The rooms are clean, the beds comfy and all in all the hotel is nice and quiet, easy parking and none of the traffic from the strip.

My biggest complaint is pretty petty but sausage two mornings in a row? I need my bacon along with my cinnamon roll.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Las Vegas South, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Jeff J,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This is an average Holiday Inn Express.
We were able to get a good price for the rooms and the location was great for us to be able to walk over to the Mandalay Bay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
The Great New York State
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We needed a place close to the car rental because we were leaving very early. This hotel is close to the car rental and being a Holiday Inn, there were no real surprises. The front desk check in was speedy and we were recognized as Gold Members. Very polite desk person. The room was convenient and clean, however, you can hear the airplanes throughout the night because of the location close to the airport. In the morning, at 4am, there was no coffee or hot water ready, but the night auditor was willing to make coffee and put out hot water. I mentioned that I wish the continental portion of the breakfast was out for the early travellers and she was willingly gave me a couple muffins. Very pleasant girl.

Room Tip: If you have to leave early room 101 is right by the side door.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Mauldin, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the beginning of my travels when coming to town for business. We actually found a great rate here and decided to stay. Loyal, to the IHG brand, we didn't mind being just a couple of minutes of the strip. We were very glad to be recognized as Priority Club members and we arrived very early, around 10AM and the front desk was able to accommodate our arrival. Everyone at the front desk was helpful when we had questions and the shuttle times were like clockwork as promised and where they said they would be. For the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms, my wife and I were very pleased and the breakfast, which of course is included here was a regular Holiday Inn Express Breakfast, but we were thankful for it... :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple