“You can do better. Really!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Circus Circus Manor Motor Lodge
Ranked #207 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 April 2012

PROS: -cheap. booked online for $25 + $9 resort fee.
-clean, mostly.
-spacious room with obviously new furniture and TWO safes, one old one new, both no charge to use.
CONS: -no fridge/micro, contrary to previous reviews. The desk clerk said that mini fridges & microwaves violate fire code and no Las Vegas hotel offers them (except in the residential "suite" types.) Shame, too, because that seems to have been the only advantage over Circus Circus's other rooms and was the reason I'd chosen to stay there. There WAS an empty minibar which they were careful to call a "cooler" as it only reaches about 50° (and is therefore in compliance with the fire code, I guess?) Better than nothing but I really needed a microwave.
-clean, mostly - except the bed linens. The bed was unmade and the sheets were stained (i will leave you to speculate with what, I did not care to investigate.) Called the desk, was promised a visit from housekeeping. I feel I should clarify that everything ELSE was clean.
-the AC's not very powerful. I don't carry a thermometer but I don't need science to tell me that room wasn't 65°. Not a big deal to me but... fyi.
-arguing/swearing adults in the hall and the scent of weed. I don't care about the weed but keep your arguments to yourself.

Overall the Manor feels like it used to be a separate unrelated property, annexed by Circus Circus just so they could have more rooms. I guess that IS cheaper than building another tower, but damn.

Oh, and I have read various things about what the "resort fee" entitles you to, but as of this writing, you get only ONE free drink, at Rock & Rita's, value up to $5.75. You also get free wifi (useless to me but...), two gym passes (ditto), and two free rides and two midway games (likewise), and many coupons for discounts on souvenirs and stuff. This place seems to be designed to siphon money from your wallet-- oh, wait, never mind. I guess I forgot I'm in Vegas!

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank vevintage

Reviewed 9 April 2012

My sister, niece and I stayed at the Manor Motor Lodge for 4 days over spring break. Other than the carpet needing steam-cleaned I have no complaints about the room. We did have trouble getting enough towels at the beginning. Only 2 were in our room and there was a housekeeping person on the floor at the time we notice so we went to get another towel from her. We were told they are only supposed to leave 2 in each room so we would have to call housekeeping everyday to get the extra. We thought that strange as the Manor is supposed to be where the families stay, which would suggest more than 2 towels needed. However, on days 3 and 4 we were being left plenty of towels without having to call for them. Other than that weird trouble, it was quiet. Would stay there again if on a budget.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank vacationlover1968
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed in the casino towers last year, and at the time I was surprised that it was perfectly acceptable. After reading the poor TripAdvisor reviews, I had been expecting worse. So when we returned this year and needed a place to stay we grabbed a spot here since it was pretty inexpensive. Ah ha! This time we ended up in the Motor Lodge...that is where all the negative reviews come from. It reeked! We kept the window wide open and put all comforters in the closet. That helped, but didn't solve the problem. Avoid the motor lodge. It also took us about 1.5 hours in the check in line at mid-afternoon on a Sunday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank apsara711
Reviewed 23 February 2012

No complaints. For the price you can't go wrong. For being an older hotel, they have done a good job keeping it in shape. Staying away from the main casino worked out well. No smoke smell and no noise. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Troylt
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Quite, clean, and very few extras. Also a little far from the main Casino and the Strip. But for the price it's a pretty good deal. Also great if you want free parking and easy in and out.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CactusLover
Reviewed 9 January 2012

It has been a family tradition since 1993 to stay at Circus Circus. This latest visit was my 7th. We have stayed all over the facility including the towers and RV park but have come back to the Manor several times for convenience. It is of course easier to get to your car without winding your way through a casino and until recently all manor rooms included a refrigerator. When I called to ask about the fridge I was told (somewhat rudely) that they had been removed and now came at a charge of $15 a day (with an 8 day stay we could've bought our own fridge from Wal-Mart and kept it for close to this money!). After a debate in which I pointed out that their NEW picture on the website for the manor is misleading as it shows the room with a fridge the manager caved and gave us one complimentary.

They have done SOME renovations in the rooms, new cabinets... new pictures. This is about the extent of it. The carpet (in the WHOLE building) still needs replacing desperately as it is currently holding on to decades worth of smells. Also the bathrooms are in need of work, shower curtains are pretty gross, and we discovered that if the room above us flushed their toilet, water (clean) would leak onto the floor of our bathroom. Maids also had no consideration for guests, often having very loud, laughter filled conversations right outside our door. Elevators are pretty grim too.

Overall right now I think Circus Circus needs to really pick up their game before they go the way of so many other hotel/casinos in Vegas. To be honest I believe the only thing saving them right now is the Adventuredome.

Despite tradition... next visit we will look at staying somewhere else, where they don't money grub over a fridge and the carpets don't smell like 30 years worth of cigarettes.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jadelz85
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Have stayed twice, Oct. and Nov of 2011 and would stay again. It is an older place, but we knew that going in. Remember, you get what you pay for, it isn't fancy but is neat and clean. Enjoyed being able to park close and keep an eye on the car.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple