“The BEST Japanese restaurant EVER!”
Review of Kumi

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: The Strip
Cross street: Las Vegas Blvd and Russell Rd
Description: Located in the heart of Mandalay Bay, KUMI by Akira Back a Japanese Restaurant and Bar features Michelin-Starred Chef Akira Back's creative and contemporary take on Japanese food.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

At this stage! I’m not afraid to say that this is probably the best Japanese restaurant I’ve ever tried. The Albacore is absolutely stunning, it melts in your mouth and the Sour Japanese Whiskey is the best.

The service was a 5 start one and the attention to detail was second to none. I can believe o have not tried before. A must when you coming to Vegas.

Tsuyoshi_Y_KUMI, General Manager at Kumi, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Rod4fun,

Thank you so much for dining with us at Kumi and for taking the time to share your delightful review. We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our food, cocktail and the service. We truly appreciate your kind remarks and compliments.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kumi on your next visit to Las Vegas.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

We had a business dinner here and it could not have been more excellent. Food was outstanding, service was great!

Tsuyoshi_Y_KUMI, General Manager at Kumi, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2018

Dear Peter W,

Thank you very much for coming in to dine with us at Kumi and for taking the time to share your review.
We are delighted to hear that you and your guests enjoyed our food and service style. We truly appreciate your kind compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kumi in the near future for another pleasant experience.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

After an event, we decided to eat at Kumi. The restaurant is large and the back room offers tables for groups, but it is noisy.
The service was good, but not great. We let the waiter order for our group of 10. The appetizers were ok and nothing special.
The rolls were good, but not great. The best meal was the Kobe beef short ribs. They were so tender.
This is. It a cheap place and we expected more.

Tsuyoshi_Y_KUMI, General Manager at Kumi, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear JBentraveler,

Thank you very much for coming in to dine with us at Kumi and for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our Kobe Short Ribs. We truly appreciate your remarks regarding the restaurant and the food as we strive to improve upon each guest's experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Kumi in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 24, 2018

So we went to Kumi for my wifes birthday. When I made reservations i told them it was her birthday. So when we got there, no recognition whatsoever. The food was very tasty but way overpriced. The service was mediocre. So at the end I had to mention to the waitress it was my wifes birthday. She then said happy birthday. wow. Then she said she the desert was on her. We said we didn't have much time ok we will try the hazelnut cake but we are in a hurry can we get the check. Never saw her again. Someone else had to get the check. We had to walk out. I am so disgusted I left her a decent tip. Wish I could take it back. Left me feeling very disappointed and angry.

Dear Ronald B,

Thank you very much for choosing to dine with us at Kumi. It is with deep regret to learn of your unpleasant experience. We sincerely apologize for such disappointment by falling short on acknowledging the special day and the service lapse you and your wife experienced. Please know that this is not the type of standards we hold ourselves to and this will be addressed with our team immediately. If given another opportunity, we would like to make amends for this occasion and I will personally ensure that you have a flawless experience. My contact email is tyoshikawa@kumilasvegas.com.

Again, we deeply apologize for your disappointing experience.
We hope to have another opportunity to have you experience Kumi in the manner intended.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic dinner at Kumi. The Kobe Short Ribs were fantastic as were the sides. The lava cake I had for dessert was probably the best I ever had anywhere and the espresso was the best I had outside of Italy. Service was excellent - the server was extremely attentive and very pleasant. Would definitely come back.

Dear amerolla,

We are thrilled to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our food and service style. We truly appreciate your kind compliments.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Kumi in the near future.

Warm regards,

Tsuyoshi Yoshikawa

Been to Kumi? Share your experiences!