Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$134
TrumpHotels.com
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$189
MGMGrand.com
Caesars Palace(Las Vegas)
US$240
US$116
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$189
SignatureMGMGrand
US$179
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$99
Mirage.com
US$59
  • Restaurant
Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$56
  • Pool
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$68
Paris Las Vegas
US$319
Aria.com
1,777 results
All reviewsconvention centeroff the stripmonorail stationenvy steakhousethe concierge loungemarriott brandsouth hallclub levelwynn golf coursebusiness hotelnon smokingnon gaming hotelfront desk staffhotel restaurantseparate tub and showersmall poolself parking
Reviewed April 19, 2012

My wife and I chose to stay here as it was smoke free. I love Vegas but can do without a wall of smoke. Upon arriving, we were checked in and the staff was very nice to give us direction and the concierge helped us with places to eat. When we got to our room we found large stains on our sheet and duvet (we always do a walk around). The housekeeping manager came and changed all sheets and towels. We then noticed that there was a mold in the bathroom (basically grout mold). I was not very happy and this was not indicative of other Renaissance properties we had stayed at. We expected the location to be away from the strip but the monorail made it more convenient. The tone of this stay started out poorly and did not really change as the next day they bathroom floor had not been mopped. My wife and I ended up checking out a day early. I'd give it a try again if the price was right, but I can find better values elsewhere. Oh and breakfast was quite nice in the restaurant, once again the staff were great their too.

1  Thank JonathanM315
BarfieldRenaissance, General Manager at Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay. We are disappointed to learn that your experience was less than perfect. Each of our rooms are to be inspected prior to guest arrivals to ensure cleanliness and that all is in working order. From the condition you stated your room was in, we failed in this instance. We always share positive and negative feedback from TripAdvisor reviews with our ambassadors in order to recognize positive comments and train our staff to eliminate the negative experiences such as yours. Reviews such as this let us know where we need to focus on service and attention to detail.

We hope that you will afford us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have experienced many different levels of service while travelling, and I received truly 5 star service at this "off the strip," property. While I was attending my convention I frequented the Renaissance's lobby lounge, and encountered a gentleman who I believe was named "Rocky." He greeted me kindly and, although I let him know I wasn't a guest of his property he still delievered the kind of service I'd expect to receive if I was a VIP of the hotel. He walked me to the lounge, explained their Envy steakhouse (which led me to dine there for dinner/cancelling my reservations at Prime) and filled me in on the Las Vegas attractions when I let him know it was my first time in a very long time being in Vegas. Truly remarkable service considering I was only there to grab a beverage, but wound up dining at Prime and resolving to stay here in July when I bring my family. Thank you, Rocky.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We sincerely thank you for your recent visit with us. We are very happy to be able to share your thoughts and praise with Rocky. We enjoy hearing about experiences such as yours that applaud our ambassadors and the service they consistently provide. Stories such as yours are a glimpse into what we all strive to deliver here at the Renaissance Las Vegas Hotel on a daily basis.

We truly hope you will stop by to say hello to Rocky when you travel to Las Vegas again.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Some hotels are built for comfort, some for speed. This hotel is literally feet from the Las Vegas Convention Center, which makes it an amazing location, hence the speed. This hotel also has dated room furnishings, making it not nearly as comfortable as hotels on the Strip. This is certainly NOT a place I would bring my spouse to. This is for business travel only. Case in point, this morning I flipped the mattress over, in order to try to balance out the low spots in the bed. I travel quite a bit and this was a first, and hopefully the last. With the cost of this hotel, the mattresses should be excellent. Last thing, a/c in the room is also very lacking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We take great pride in ensuring we create a welcoming and convenient atmosphere, with upscale and comfortable rooms that exceed expectations. I apologize that we fell short your expectations during your stay. Reviews such as yours let us know where we need to focus on attention to detail and potential property improvements.

We hope for the opportunity to serve you in the future. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

The Renaissance, Las Vegas is a familiar refuge for us choosing, as we do, to eschew to the noisy lobby areas of the casino hotels. What it has over The Strip, although irrelevant to my visit, is proximity to the Convention Center. The parking is now uncontrolled but ample and check-in was straightforward although I made known my displeasure at having to return to reception from the 14th floor to get one of two keys properly programmed. Lounge breakfast on the first morning was excellent with a range of fresh ingredients making it possible to customise an individual meal with childlike glee. What the Renaissance lacks, however, is consistency. Located in what might reasonably characterised as Scamsville, NV, it espouses a number of practices widespread in the city. Chief amongst these is substantial and cynical price hikes at the advent of any convention. Our first two nights at $129 + tax became S289 + tax for the third. There is no obvious change in service except downwards as I shall describe so this can only be construed as turning a fast buck. It is a ‘because we can’ policy. From the joyous breakfast recounted above we moved on the second day, a Saturday, to seated service in Envy at which service was inattentive and poor. With the lounge closed and $17.50 vouchers for the meal which, of course, costs more, there is an example straight away of reduced service. Why should lounges (worldwide) close when businessmen take the weekend off? The lounge should be about silver and gold members whether working or vacationing. By Sunday, with the arrival of the convention crowd, the price hike had taken effect (more than double) but the seated service had become a buffet in the same venue. The waitress was from an entirely different class than Saturday’s. Nevertheless, you’re now paying $300 and up to wait in line for eggs. My point here is, the room does not become larger or better appointed over the weekend and the $129 rate must be viable so the extra $160 is pure profit; ‘because we can’.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us regarding your recent stay. We are happy to hear you were pleased with most aspects of our property; such as amenities, atmosphere and location. We do apologize if the traffic and business levels during the convention taking place next door disrupted your stay. As you mentioned, we are located next to the convention center and do become far busier than normal when these types of trade shows are in-house. We take steps to offer the same levels of service during these conventions, but we fell short of that goal in this instance.

We do hope if your travels in the future include Las Vegas, that you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We liked this no-smoking, no-casino-on-site hotel in Las Vegas because it is on the monorail (Convention Ctr stop) and had a fridge and a safe and also it is away from the noise and lights of The Strip and the beds were comfy, BUT were surprised there was a big stain on the carpet and two serious tears or frays in the carpet which really downgraded the room. The restaurant ("Envy") is also very expensive and the coffee shop ("Ego") was closed both times we needed it (5:30 am and late at night, i.e., 8pm). The hairdryer didn't work so we had to call for a replacement which they did right away. Generally, the staff is very pleasant and helpful, such as providing advice on restaurants to eat at etc.

Room Tip: We had a 12th floor room facing away from the Strip so it was quiet and dark, which is what we like.

April 14, 2012

Thank you for the feedback with regard to your recent visit.

Although we are glad to learn that our staff and atmosphere were to your liking, we are concerned by your comments regarding the condition of the carpet in your room. This is simply unacceptable and does not meet our minimum standards for room cleanliness or guest satisfaction. We sincerely apologize for this less than desirable experience and will be taking steps to ensure this is corrected.

I hope that you will afford us the opportunity to serve you in your future visits to Las Vegas and show that we have made improvements based on your feedback.