“Great modern hotel”

Ranked #5 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Alberta
“Great modern hotel”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I have stayed here once. It was very clean. The rooms were large with large bathrooms. The hotel is very nice. Lots of great restaurant and bars. I love the shops inside the hotel. Its right across Fashion Show Mall. I still prefer the Bellagio but this is my second fave hotel in Vegas. The buffet is excellent!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank eosinophil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,409)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Our stay at the Wynn was just wonderful. Breaking down the aspects:

Arrival & Check-in:
Upon arrival, I was immediately asked if I needed help with my bags. As I had won a modest amount from the slots elsewhere, I said OK. I'm glad I did because the check-in line was long. I would say waiting in line took about 15 minutes. Once we got to our room, it wasn't long for our bags to arrive. Good coordination on that.

Room View:
A spectacular view, even on the 8th floor, of the mountains and the Wynn grounds, including their pool.

Room Features:
- Master control panel to set room temperature, open/close curtains, adjust lighting.
- Very spacious, plenty of space to move around and place luggage
- iHome clock radio (was replaced on 2nd day even though I did not find anything wrong with the previous one)
- Swing out flat panel TV, in order to watch it from the bed.
- In room safe (in the closet)
- Two robes
- Decent work desk with full-function phone (like you would find in a corporate office) and even a fax machine.
- Tastefully decorated

Bathroom:
- Under the counter night lights
- Small flat panel TV
- Double sinks
- Deep soak tub
- Shower stall

Elevators:
Seven at your service, not too much wait even when busy

Shopping area:
I appreciated all the natural light coming in

Restaurants:
We-tried the country club, which had a posh feel but without the posh prices! Try the $9 veggie burger platter. I thought it was a typo which should have read $19 but it's $9 and worth it if you're not particular about vegetarian options.

Check out:
TV check out did not work but in the work desk there is a paper form you can fill out and then drop off in a gold-plated box in the elevator lobby. Taxis to the airport were readily available, even at 4 AM.

The only drawback of our stay was that we could hear some noise from the hallway and adjacent room.

1 Thank woodulu
Alberta
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Just returned from the beautiful Wynn encore. Our room was very comfortable and clean. We had fun in the casino and enjoyed excellent dining. The staff are so friendly and amazingly honest. My husband left his jacket in the lounge and did not realize it until the next morning. Not only did he have over $1000.00 in his pocket but also his passport.. We were amazed upon contacting the lost and found that not only was his jacket there but also all of the money and his passport. It is so nice to think that the Wynn has such honest employees. They are to be commended. Will we return ..definitely..will we recommend the Wynn encore to others...definitely.

4 Thank FarewellAlberta
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Typical nice hotel with very large and comfortable rooms. Loved the huge windows in the room and the hotel is in a great location. Ask for a room looking over the strip. The buffet was okay (i would definitely skip it next time). One place that did look interesting was La Cave. If I went back I would definitely check this place out. Looked like a fun atmosphere and was reasonably priced "Chacuterie" food. Pool was okay, but nothing special.

This was my 5th time to Vegas. You certainly don't go for modesty or culture. Next time I go back I might try one of the cheesy theme hotels like the Venetian just to change things up a bit.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the strip.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Worcestershire, England
Reviewed 14 April 2012

It's beautiful. We had a king room in the normal area (not the tower). The room has all the mods cons (almost). Its spacious, immaculate and we had amazing views down the strip.

The hotel is so much calmer then all the others we went in - less general tourists just looking around. This meant it felt calm compared to others when you entered the front doors which was a relief.

I know its a casino hotel and therefore they want to keep you out the room but I thought at $330 a night we should have had a coffee machine! Also, its one of the first hotels I've stayed at where housekeeping don't keep the products topped up during your stay. We were there for 4 nights and on day three the shampoo was empty and they didn't replace it!

There are two entrances and at the one, there's no bell boy service.

At night we had a lot of load base beats from the in-house nightclubs (we were on floor 39). This may have been less if we were on the golf side of the hotel. The rooms have thin walls so you do hear noise from the rooms next door.

We ate in Stratta one evening and in the terrace point cafe (overlooking the pool) for breakfast. The food was good in both. Stratta was good value and very good service too. The service in the terrace was hit and miss, but great location. the queue for the buffet was too long each day so we didn't go there.

The pool is wonderful - loads of room with plenty of loungers and great drinks service. The pool is a clever design and gives the opportunity to have a long swim if you want to get exercise. We were there in April and I just wish the pool was open a bit later.

We went to La Reve which was amazing - hard to find words, I would recommend anyone in Vegas go to this show! However, the booking was messed up by the hotel who accidentally gave our tickets to someone else with the same name as us, on a different night and then sold our seats for our night. They sorted it in the end and we had different seats but it was painful getting it sorted and gave us a sense that the systems used are pretty bad.

On the whole the hotel is so beautiful, the restaurants are super, its calm and the pool is amazing so I would stay again but the service does not match the star rating compared to other hotels of the same rating that i have stayed in and if they just improved this it would be outstanding.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 14 April 2012

I stayed at the Wynn for 8 days and it was flawless. The room was spacious and confortable and the view was breathtaking. Room service did the extra mile on the details. All staff was always available and nice.
Overall a great experience and I would do it again.

Room Tip: choose a room with a strip view and as high as possible
Honolulu, Hawaii

Very plush and hi-tech.
The room and bathroom was beautiful and very spacious.

The game tables are great, people say you can't make money on the strip but my husband was pretty lucky playing are you ready for this? WAR. Yup the game where you flip a card and see who gets the high card!

Everyone there is so nice and helpful. Even for the buffet on Thanksgiving Day! They had a line that everyone waited for hours (we waited 1 1/2 hrs). They take care of you in line, offering everyone water. They were just so accomodating!
We dined at several of their restaurants and everyone was wonderful. From the Red restaurant to the coffee shop or whatever.

Definitely planning to go back this year!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family