“The Best in Vegas”
Review of Wynn Las Vegas

Wynn Las Vegas
Ranked #4 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 26 April 2012

stayed many times before and they never fail to impress.

this is the best hotel in Vegas by far

Room Tip: Tower suite rooms are great but you cant go wrong with any rooms - they are all pretty amazing
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was the third time that I have stayed at the Wynn. It was for a conference which has been held there each for the past several years.

The Wynn is beautiful. The room were just updated and look more contemporary in shades of beige rather than the striking red that was there before. Only the artwork in the room looks out of place with the new decor. My only problem with the room are the new control panels that are bedside and throughout the room. With the bedside control, you can control the lights, room temperature and curtains. However, the panel lights up and does not dim after the lights are off. Therefore, the panel glows all night. There should be a way to dim the panel.

The grounds and pool are are beautiful. However, when I was in the hot tub, a couple came in and were practically having sex in the hot tub. It was unpleasant to watch and several people, including myself, had to leave. Security came by, looked at the couple, and did absolutely nothing. In fact, later when the couple was leaving the pool area, they were joking with security. This was not just a kiss. They were on top of each other, grinding, etc. The only thing was that they had their clothes on. I guess Wynn condones this type of behavior. I sincerely hope that they thoroughly clean their hot tubs. I would not go in it for the rest of my visit. So, if a Real World type of hot tub encounter is your thing, this is your place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dannycarlucci
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed in a Salon Suite in the “Tower” April 8 – 13. Arrived at the Tower entrance off of Sands around noon Easter Sunday and was prepared to wait for our room to be available. Plenty of bell staff available to help with our bags. No line at the Tower lobby check-in. A Salon Suite was ready if we didn’t mind being on a lower floor. Since we had stayed on a higher floor in the past, this wasn’t an issue for us. The Salon Suite was very comfortable. We really felt like we were in the lap of luxury. During our entire stay we didn’t see another guest on our floor. We had no issues with outside noise from the adjacent rooms or clubs filtering in. It was like we had the place to ourselves. House keeping did a fantastic job and complied with all of our requests. The entire suite was spotless

I have to comment on the turn-down service. We both had books on the night stands. Every night when we returned to our room, the turn-down service had left different Vegas themed “bookmarks” for us. It’s the details like this and countless others that put Wynn at the top.

All staff we encountered from check-in to check-out were very friendly and willing to assist us in anyway possible. We ate at a number of restaurants on the property. They were uniformly very good. They two that stick out are SW Steakhouse and Bartolatta. Both were excellent. Bartolatta specializes in fish that is flown in from the Mediterranean daily. It is expensive, but if you are going to treat yourself to a fantastic meal, this is the place to do it. We had reserved a cabana outside, however high winds that day took care of that.

“Free” cocktail service on the Casino floor was frequent. We are nonsmokers. Compared to other Las Vegas casinos I don’t think the casino is overly smoky. Two of the reasons I like the casino at Wynn are that there is a fair amount of sunlight that makes it into the casino. It isn’t dark and cave-like. Also the casino floor is laid so that there is a good amount of space between the banks of slots and table games. You aren’t jammed in with other gamblers. Of course winning some money helped to create a favorable impression.

We didn’t use the pool or go to any clubs so I can’t comment on either of those things.

This was our sixth stay at the Wynn. We have absolutely no desire to stay anywhere else. Yes the location is a short distance from the heart of the “strip”, but this means that the Wynn’s public spaces aren’t mob scenes. Yes the Wynn can be expensive, but I’ve always felt we got fair value. If you do stay at Wynn, there are less expensive dining options across the street at the shopping mall, or just to the south at the Venetian/Palazzo complex. Wynn isn’t for everybody. However, if you are looking for a great, high-end place to stay than I recommend Wynn.

2  Thank POBan
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We booked the Wynn because there was a special price of -20%. I have stayed in Mgm before and thought i would try the other end of The Strip. It is a less central loctation but i found the hotel perfect. A smaller but classier hotel for the same price or less than the other big complexes. I found it less touristic and more intime. Perfect for a couples geat away or for older couples and family. They have a excellent buffet breakfast for 20dollars. The rooms are big and with massive windows and a great view of the strip. Casino with machines ranging from 1c ....
I would definitely stay here again. Less of the madness of the Strip 'Hangover Style'. However we did stay during the weekend and there was a nightclub on downstairs. Funny to see how all the girls were dressed exactly the same...Mini bodycon dresses and super high heels!! The music was also loud and we could hear the bass rising up to the 36th floors....but that was the only hic...otherwise fantastic stay!

Room Tip: HIghest floor or to the back i suggest so you dont get the bass from the night club rising up...ask...
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend stay at the Wynn and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It was our first time stay and it's likely the Wynn will become our preferred hotel for our Vegas trips.

Throughout the weekend, the service we encountered was truly top-notch. We arrived at the hotel about 11am and had zero trouble being able to check into our room. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice and it was great to have an option of view, either strip or golf course. We ended up on the 59th floor on the strip side.

We had given the bags to the valet upon pulling up to the front entrance so we headed up to our room. We had a panoramic room which had floor to ceiling windows with a gorgeous view. The push button technology that managed the lighting and drapery systems was a nice touch. With the huge windows and the bed facing the view, it was great to fall asleep to the lights of the strip and wake up to the stunning mountain views and see the sunlight light up the landscape. The room overall was very nicely appointed, the bathroom was huge. If others have stayed at a former Steve Wynn property, i.e. the Mirage, it's easy to pick up the decor theme that has carried throughout his properties. Even the decor in the hallways of the rooms resembled the Mirage. We like the Mirage so this was a nice touch of "home" so to speak.

Despite the busy weekend, there were lower denomination table games available each night, Friday through Sunday. The casino employees we encountered were very friendly and conversational and made for a good gaming experience. As for dining, we took advantage of a few options. We ordered room service for breakfast the one morning and that was a great experience. The personnel that took our room service order, delivered the breakfast, and retrieved the dishes were top-notch and VERY well trained. So pleasant and accommodating. You can tell a great deal of time and expense is spent to train the employees extensively in service. The Wynn seems to understand that the clientele of this property has a high degree of expectation when it comes to service and they deliver. We also enjoyed the buffet for breakfast on our last day. Plenty of options and beautifully decorated, much like the rest of the property. Lastly, we enjoyed a dinner at Sinatra. Great food and service.

Since this visit was for our anniversary, we enjoyed a couples massage at the spa. The spa experience was spectacular. It was a great, relaxing experience and recommended to all.

We were very pleased by the Wynn and we have a high probability of staying there again for our next Vegas trip. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that appreciates high-end service and the value associated with it. I'm already dreaming of my return visit.

1  Thank MrsMedoes
Reviewed 25 April 2012

But I can't, because it seems they don't want my entertainment dollar. I had a large group travelling to Las Vegas, from England, for a wedding and hoped to have after-dinner drinks for the Bachelorette Party at Parasol Down before heading to one of the nightclubs at the Wynn. I searched online for a telephone number for Parasol Down, but could not find a working number anywhere. Eventually, I called the resort's main number and asked to be transferred to Parasol Down. The less-than-friendly Operator asked, "Are you in the hotel?" I replied that I was in another State, but wished to speak with Parasol Down regarding a possible event. The Operator then replied, "You can't call them if you're not in the hotel." I again told her I was not within walking distance of the hotel, but wished to plan an event, and stated that surely there must be another way to reach them, as this same scenario must occur on a daily basis. She said there was not another way to reach them. She was very unpleasant during the entire call, and acted as if I was crazy for wanting to arrange an event over the phone and for calling from somewhere other than the hotel. I don't live at the Wynn or Encore, and I doubt the majority of their guests do. I thanked her and left the line. I had actually started making other arrangements involving other Vegas Strip locations in my mind by that point, but couldn't get the thought that she was wrong and very rude out of my mind. Obviously Steve Wynn wants people to come to his casinos, since he talks about it non-stop while one is on the websites, while one is on hold calling either Encore or Wynn, and on the little t.v.s in the taxis one takes around town, etc.. Maybe he should also advise the staff that visitors are to be encouraged. I thought it about long and hard enough, that I decided to give them another chance. I have been a player at the Wynn on many occasions. I belong to their player's loyalty club. I find the space beautiful and really wanted to delight the ladies in our group with a trip to Parasol Down, which is a lovely little bar. I was also looking for a special bottle of Champagne for the bride, but opted not to mention this until I had an actual venue arranged. So, I called again, the same main resort number. I got through to a much more friendly and more professional Operator the second time. She advised me they actually had an Entertainment Coordinator who worked with groups. Imagine that! She asked the size our group and then told me our group was just on the cusp of the size the Entertainment Coordinator would work with, but she would ring me through with the possibility of having some questions answered. As I was on hold, listening to Mr. Wynn talk about all the fabulous service one would experience if they just came to his hotel/casinos, I had to giggle a little. My giggle turned to further frustration as I listened to him tell me about the fabulous restaurants and dining experiences, followed by the fabulous (inaccessible) nightlife, by the time he had rambled through information regarding the amazingness of shopping at the Wynn (approximately 7 minutes later), I decided I wasn't being transferred. Eventually, (I'm going to say 12 minutes or so after I first called...long enough for me to get in some serious complaining to my husband and advise him not to take the Bachelors anywhere near the Wynn or Encore if they wanted to plan ahead) another operator picked up the phone and asked for whom I was holding. I told her I was waiting for the Group Entertainment Department. She put me back on hold, for a shorter time (just long enough to hear Steve mention that one can "have 'THE' fun" at Wynn/Encore, confirming my suspicions that he is indeed just rambling on those recordings and not following any sort of script whatsoever) Group Entertainment's answering machine came on. I left a message. Anyway, they did call back rather quickly, which was a nice surprise. When I told them the size of our group, they pretty much said there was nothing they could do. I asked if a table could be reserved at Parasol Down and was told not only no, but that our party might not even get in that night if it was busy. It was then I decided officially not to mention the bottle of Champagne in which we were interested. After wasting an entire afternoon of my time, Wynn didn't deserve our business or our money as far as I was concerned. We ended up booking after-dinner drinks at another Strip casino, an employee of which made a special and extensive effort to find the bottle of Champagne we were looking for. I know it's crass to mention money, but here I go, just to say that the tips alone that night equaled multiple thousands of dollars. I just want the Wynn/Encore to consider what could have occurred if things went differently from the beginning. What if they booked us at Parasol Down? Found and provided our Champagne? Treated us with excellent customer service? If that had happened, seventeen other people could be telling all their friends and family to stay at the Wynn/Encore when they go to Vegas right now. If those things had happened, I would probably seriously be considering taking advantage of the complimentary night's stay offered by Club Red via email today, and tacking on an additional 3 or 4 days to make it worth the trip of course. Sigh. If only... Unfortunately, I can say with certainty my Vegas dollars will be going elsewhere from this point forward.

Room Tip: I have not stayed in a room at the Wynn/Encore, nor do I intend to do so.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank WenSLC
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We like Vegas and luxury but hate crowds. The Wynn has it all figured out. Book a tower suite and enjoy its smaller, less congested pool area (where you can actually get service). The breakfast spot, Tableau, at the entrance to the tower elevators has a nice seating area complete with coffee while you wait (avoid the line-ups). We had lunch here and ate outside, a rarity in Vegas and so welcome.The separate entrance for the Tower Suites is more serene and the concierge more available. We'll go back!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple