“Did you know Las Vegas has farms?”

Gilcrease Nature Sanctuary
Ranked #219 of 467 things to do in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a lifetime care facility for all sorts of animals from domestic to exotic. Our mission is to provide an enriched, healthy living environment for our animals and to provide for educational opportunities for people to learn about the amazing species that inhabit our planet.
Reviewed July 13, 2017 via mobile

Gilcrease is a wonderful opportunity to be able to visit a working Farm. They always have something ripe and ready to pick. Take your kids to pick some fruit and vegetables. They will be begging you to go back!

All reviews
"rescued"
"vegas"
"las"

Reviewed June 21, 2017

I found out about this place on a website for things to do in Las Vegas. I noticed that they were having an arts fest on the Saturday that we would be vacationing in Vegas and so I thought we would see what they have to see and at least there would be an art fest even if the animals weren't too exciting to see. It ended up that the arts fest had been cancelled, but the animals were still there. What a delightful surprise! I had never seen so many parrots all in one place. Many large cages of many many parrots. They even had three African Gray parrots of which I am familiar because my sister and her husband have an African Gray and it intrigues and befuddles me that this bird can imitate them exactly and perfectly. Besides the parrots there were other animals that they had rescued who now inhabit the grounds of the nature sanctuary. Emus, ostriches, llamas and alpacas, sheep, cows, horses, miniature horses, turkeys and more. Great place for kids of all ages. There is no admission but they remind you that they depend on donations.

1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

They have a lot of animals to see for a medium mom and pop sanctuary. But I loved it. You really get up and personal with the animals and see how they interact. If your visiting is about natura this is the place to go to meet some animals to make your trip complete. I am recommending to my little brother when he comes visit. I think a $14 donation for two is fitting. Place is well kept And not dirty at all people saying that should know there going to a farm. There will be some feathers flying and smell like animals.

3  Thank Shastri M
Reviewed January 2, 2017 via mobile

Visit the Gilcrease Nature Sanctuary and take the whole family. They are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to providing safe-haven for animals of all types. They are serving the public Interest by preventing cruelty to animals that have been abandoned or neglected. As a nonprofit, they do not have the finances to provide elaborate enclosures and displays, but the they do a wonderful job with the resources they have and it is a worthwhile cause to support. In 1776 John Adams wrote, “There must be a positive passion for the public good, the public interest… and this public passion must be superior to all private passions.”

2  Thank Bigredmachine