“Pampered luxury”

Ranked #51 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Pampered luxury”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Never thought I would get to stay at Skylofts. But, as I hadn't been to Vegas in over 2 years, I felt some indulgence was warranted. A reasonable rate during my stay sealed the deal so I booked them. Made the arrangements via email for airport pickup and mentioned I required a smoking loft. Overall my stay was excellent, but there were a few minor lapses that will be highlighted below.

Arrived and found a guy with a sign with my name on it just outside the gate. Nice service that I thought was outlawed since 9/11, but guess MGM gets whatever they want. He escorted me to the waiting Rolls just outside the baggage claim. Quick ride to the Skylofts entrance, where a bell hop was waiting along with a concierge. She leads me to the private skylofts elevators and up we go.

Butler waiting with the door to the loft held open. Sign some paperwork in the loft and the butler shows me around the suite and takes some requests for beverages for the minibar. She returns a short while longer with one of them, but says the other will have to wait till the morning (it was after midnight already). I notice no ashtrays in the loft and she finds one hidden in a cabinet and promises to bring more. Well I had to ask for them in the morning again, and then in the afternoon again until they showed up.

So I explore the 1 bedroom loft a bit. Bathroom is almost unbeatable. Steam shower with 6 different jets. Large infinity pool was nice in theory, in practice I found the jets underwhelming, the light show silly, and most importanly it was damn near impossible to get out of. Naturally I slipped and got a nice bruise on my shin. Toilet room could use some decoration, a TV would be even better. Closet is fantastic, no shortage of hangers, drawers, mirrors, light. Huge laptop-friendly safe.

Bedroom was fantastic, though a bit small and cramped. Plenty of pillow choices and I found one I liked which is very rare (prefer very thin, hard feather pillow).

Dining room, living room, office were all as expected in a room of this caliber. Only thing underwhelming in the living areas was the TV, an easily 10 year old Bang and Olufson that certainly cost plenty when it was new, but a room of this prestige deserves a TV that blows you away. Put a 72" screen up on the wall!

Now on to the services. I utilized their offer to press clothes on a daily basis. Once my beverage choices arrived (took a little while on the special request of Lipton Green Tea with Citrus), I couldn't have been happier. Restocked daily and was awesome not having to purchase them in the expensive gift shop. I booked with a $50 in-room dining credit every day. Utilized it twice for breakfast, and thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the experience. Ordered breakfast at 3am one day and there was no hesitation in service or quality. A bit pricey sure, but the $50 credit covered it no problem. Concierge experiences were a mixed bag. I asked some questions and rarely got a good answer or it took a while. Was looking for two unique things and they could not locate either. Nice to have around, but not a full on casino-host type of experience.

So, overall impression? I think I will book my future trips to vegas around the Skylofts rate calendar! Don't think I can stay anywhere else when I'm there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank Dave G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed at the SkyLofts during a business trip and could tell that they tried very hard to live up to their reputation for great service. My butler (varied by the day) was very accomodating and the room (one bedroom) was spacious and very clean. They quickly catered to every request I had. They could not accomodate my last minute request to dine at Joel Robuchon but did invite me to dine at The Mansion.

They did forget to pick me up at the airport and failed to have a limo waiting for my return trip which is always included. There was a lot of confusion about this.

My only real complaint is that as nice as SkyLofts are you are still surrounded by the mediocre MGM Grand.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank demikaz
San Antonio
Reviewed 1 October 2011

I had very high expectations for our first stay at Skylofts. The hotel and staff lived up to all of them. We will definitely return. We were greeted immediately after stepping off the plane by a Skylofts representative and escorted to a new large Rolls Royce (apparently they recently traded in the Maybach mentioned on their website last month for the Rolls). We were taken to the Skylofts entrance and greeted by another representative who showed us around the downstairs lobby and private elevator to our room. He then completed the check-in process in our room very quickly. At the same time our butler arrived and she proceeded to show us around the room, tought us how to use the espresso machine, crestron remote control system, tub, steamroom, etc. As mentioned on the website, she offered to unpack for us but we declined. She then offered to steam press clothes that might have been wrinkled from the suitcase, which we accepted. We left the clothes hanging in the entry way while we stepped out for an hour to check out the rest of the hotel. By the time we returned, the clothes were pressed and hanging back in our closet. They also had a very nice cake waiting for us on the dining room table when we arrived. The concierge took care of all our reservations and everywhere we went (dinners and shows) we received the best seats in the house. The room itself was just as represented on the website, modern, clean, spacious, comfortable. The remote control system is great. Very nice to wake up, push a button to open the shades and see the view of the strip that we had (great view from all the windows by the way). Bathroom and steam shower were amazing. We did have one issue during our second night. The audio stopped working on both bathroom televisions. Not a big deal, but within minutes they had a technical team in the room to fix the problem. We ordered breakfast each morning and it was delivered to the room in less than 20 minutes each time, beautifully prepared and set up by the butler. One night we ordered dinner in the room from Craft Steak. Highly recommend this. After having dinner and wine served in our own comfortable room with great views of the strip, we wondered why we bothered going out for dinner on the prior nights. Bottom line, Skylofts and the staff lived up to everything they promise online. I don't think we can stay anywhere else in Vegas again. If I had to suggest any improvement, the only thing I could think of would be for a dedicated pool for Skyloft guests alone. The Four Season and Wynne have separate dedicated pools, which are very relaxing, quiet and have exceptional service. The only downside to Skylofts is that you have to use the main pool complex. Since we stayed mid-week it was not too crowded, but pool service was still slow and inconsistent. It would be nice to continue the same level of Skylofts service out by the pool.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank SATravelers
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The experience at the Skylofts at the MGM Grand was exquisite! I have never felt so pampered in my life! We actually had a butler! Can you stand it?????
Our loft was very cool.
My husband surprised me with not 1 but 2 huge Calla Lily arrangements, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and rose petals strewn on the table.
I was so stunned I started to cry!
If you get the chance to stay at the Skylofts you will NOT be disappointed.
We had breakfast at the Mansions and had the entire restaurant to ourselves. Tre exclusive!!!
We also rode on the elevator with David Copperfield.
Very cool......

Room Tip: Comfortable bed, menu with 14 different pillow choices......Wonderful!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Debi C
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2011

The Sky Lofts are expensive but very nice. They offer a private check- in, airport pick up and drop off in a Rolls Royce, Butler Service, Concierge Service, twice daily housekeeping and so much more (your wish is their command). The lofts are spacious and nicely appointed and have lovely views of the Vegas strip. If over-the-top luxury—Vegas Style—is your thing, this is your place. The only negative is that no outside food our alcohol is permitted in your loft so, if you want a cocktail or a glass of champagne, you have to either buy it or be sneaky about it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Melibi
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Our trip to the Skylofts was not without it's bumps, however, the staff was extremely quick to fix any mistake that might have been made. We were greeted at the airport, and she walked us to get our luggage, and escorted us to the waiting limo. The famous Mayback was not available, we were told David Copperfield arrived about 5 minutes before we did, and he took the car. So, I guess David made our car disappear, LOL! Still, the limo was wonderful, and we enjoyed our ride. The driver was friendly, but not intrusive.

The Skylofts has a private entrance, separate from the MGM Grand. We pulled up to it, and everyone knew our name. We were greeted by name from almost every employee. Everyone was super friendly. Our bags were taken to our room, and we were given a tour of the place. Upon going to our room, we met our butler, and we went over the check in, while the butler offered us some homemade juice and offered to make us drinks or unpack our bags. He asked if he could stock anything in our room. Perfection.

Upon unpacking, I saw my flat iron had broken on the trip. We called the desk, and they offered to go get me a new one. I went down to the desk and gave them my broken flat iron, asking to have it replaced identically. When they called me to say it had arrived, I went to the desk and it was the wrong one. I was a little upset, since they had the proper iron in their possession. However, they went back and replaced it with the proper iron, so all good there.

There were a few little bumps in service along the way. For instance, we got a call at 7AM, informing us the cigarettes we ordered had arrived. However, we had not ordered cigarettes, and in fact had placed a noon wake up call, since we were out very late the night before. With the wake up call for noon, obviously, we were planning on sleeping in, so the 7 AM call was not appreciated in the least. And the person who did order the cigarettes was probably unhappy as well, as they clearly had no idea where they were supposed to go. They did apologize profusely, however not much to do to fix that one!

The hotel made all of our reservations for us before we arrived. The MGM is currently home to David Copperfield and we had tickets for his show. We specifically asked about arrival procedures and were told all was taken care of. Our dinner ran close to the show start time, and we went down to the theater to get our tickets. No one knew what was going on down there. Finally had to get a Skylofts manager to come down the locate the tickets for us, and we very nearly missed the beginning of the show. They ended up not charging us for the Copperfield tickets, which was appreciated.

We had tickets another night for a show that was off property and we asked them to go get the tickets for us, so there would not be another issue similar to the Copperfield issue. We were told they do not pick up tickets from other properties. But, they would make an exception for us and go get them. However, they had us sign a form that was for off property tickets, stating we got them. There were multiple names on it, leading us to believe they do actually pick up the tickets, but did not want to. But in the end, we got them. Then the front desk asked us about dinner and the limo. She had caught that the girl who made the reservations did not actually leave us enough time to get from the dinner location to the theater location. I had specifically asked about the time frames when they booked the evening for us, so I was unhappy about it. However, the error was caught, the dinner reservations moved up, and no harm came from the mix up.

One day, we had a do not disturb on our door, and came out of the shower to find two people in our room! They had to be asked twice to leave, perhaps due to language barrier, as they barely spoke English. Again, not an issue that can be corrected, however everyone was very apologetic.

But, we'd come back. They did offer us some money off of our room for all of our troubles. However, that is not really the point. At this level of hotel, you expect impeccable service. But, everything settled down in the end, and we would certainly give them another chance.

They did cater to our every whim, bringing drinks before dinner, delivering Wolfgang Puck to our room in the middle of the night, keeping the room stocked with all our favorite items. Every day they made the room up, and once even organized my make up case! I had been in a hurry getting ready and dumped it out in the sink to find something. When I came back to the room, it was all returned to the case! They will iron your clothes, bring you snacks, anything you can think of.

They allowed us to stay in the room several hours after check out time, due to our very late flight out of Vegas, which was very nice. They also held our luggage all day.

Even after our return home, the service continued. My husband had bought a lighter that he loved so much, he wanted a spare. He called Skylofts and they went to purchase the lighter and shipped it to our home in PA.

We will definitely be back to Skylofts! On a scale of 1-5, we'd give them a 4.9. Despite our issues, we do not feel we'd recieve anywhere near the level of service at any other Vegas property. They are helpful and eager to correct issues, and we believe they learn from each experience. This place will only get better!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1blessedmomma
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We had high expectations of skylofts. I wasn't disappointed, it delivered what it said on the label but...mmm...can put my finger on it...there was just something missing. A butler we rarely saw..staff, nice enough but not particularly personal..it felt exclusive but a little cold...it could be far more chic and whereas its pretty cool...it could be cooler in a warmer way!! We enjoyed our stay but it just wasn't the amazing end to our California experience.. Maybe look around an see what their rates will get you elsewhere...

• Stayed August 2011