“Absolutely amazing experience”

The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
Ranked #7 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel is gorgeous, cute piano bar, right on the edge of everything on the Strip, and the suite we got for me and 5 friends was more than worth the money with all the room and sleeping space we had. Absolutely perfect, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino

Reviewed 14 April 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights 02.04.12 – 06.04.12; having never been to America before we were completely blown away from the minute we stepped in to the hotel, there was a lovely fresh smell from the enormous real flower displays and fountains. We booked a suite and allocated the 9th floor, overlooking Treasure Island Hotel opposite. The suite was huge, lovely big comfy bed, big bathroom with toiletries and a sunken living room area with sofa, work station with phone/fax, table and chairs etc. There was a mini bar and fridge in the room – but be warned if you remove anything to even look at and return, it will be charged to your room as the base is weighted! Another charge to watch out for is the daily hotel fee – we had this removed as a compliment after we complained we were not aware of this at booking. The room was clean and housekeeping kept it clean throughout our stay. The hotel has got a good selection of shops and the casino and bars are good. As long as your gambling, the waitresses will come and take your free drinks orders and bring them to you; we found that if you tip them a dollar or two each time, they will keep coming back to you. We eat in the hotel’s Grand Lux Café twice for breakfast which was excellent for both service and quality food. The portions are so big we found we were set up for the day, only needing an evening meal! We eat out at Denny’s diner down the road from the hotel for breakfast one day during our stay – I would avoid this at all costs; a very packed diner with a fast turnaround so we felt rushed. The food was awful and very greasy. We found the concierge at the hotel extremely helpful, we had made telephone bookings for things elsewhere that we had to confirm upon arrival and the concierge made confirmation phonecalls for us at no extra charge. The hotel is linked to the Venetian next door which has more shops, bars, places to eat etc; we found this hotel too big – we got lost!! We took a trip up to the 50th floor and housekeeping whilst cleaning one of the rooms let us in for a quick peak to take some photos as the view is fantastic. If we were to return to Vegas we would certainly request a higher floor to have better views. In summary we had an excellent stay at this hotel; everyone was friendly and helpful and the whole hotel kept very clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up to have the best views and watch out for the daily hotel fee!
Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My Daughter And I Enjoyed Our Stay Here.She Said It Was "Off The Charts".Our Room Was So Beautiful And The View Was Extraordinaire.The Staff Was Very Helpful And I Recommend The Palazzo To Everyone That Is Going To Vegas!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We stayed 2 nights, the room was a little worn. The safe did not work and had to wait for some one to come fix it. Maid service is very slow, we were out all morning (left the room by 8 and back by 1) just to find that our entire wing was not cleaned yet. The dirty dishes from the room next to us were still out there from the night before. Had to call maid service to find out when the room would be cleaned, no one showed up until after 3. Lots of dust in the room. We use to love this hotel but it's just not as good as it use to be.

Room Tip: Find out ahead of time when rooms are cleaned!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I love The Palazzo. The rooms are great - although the new "Paiza" brand toiletries are dissapointing. They used to offer wonderful Italian soaps and shampoos which have now been replaced with cheaply packaged Chinese products. I'm sure this saves them some money as nobody would be tempted to take these home to remember their stay. Housekeeping was good in the hotel rooms however I did notice the casino floor was not as clean as it used to be.
The slots were not paying like they used too either. It is possible to play for 10-15 minutes without hitting anything - if you pick the right machine and start with two hundred dollars and bet the max - make sure you cash out when you reach $300 or it will just take back everything.
The best thing about The Palazzo is The Grand Lux Cafe - such a wonderful restaurant with truly excellent options. I recommend the Chicken Picatta, the Asian Chicken Salad and the Roasted Pineapple Upside down cake - and don't forget the great burgers. My only complaint involves the poor management of the Pool. If you want to order food by the pool from Solaro (the Wolfgang Puck Cafe) you have to pay the ante to be at AZURE ($20 for men $10 for women PLUS $50 food service fee ON TOP OF THE FOOD COST) People at the regular
Palazzo pool are treated like second class citizens by the waitresses who will take a drink order but tell you to "go up to the takeout window and get your own food if you want to eat here".
So not classy for such a great hotel. So not five stars. A family of seven next to us had to juggle so many containers of food they were complaining "Is this MacDonald's now?" I thought I would prefer to eat at the cafe myself as they offered the Chinois Chinese Chicken salad for $16 - but was shocked to get a wilted sad mess of a salad that Wolfgang would have thrown out three days ago. The waiter couldn't understand why I wanted to send it back and offered to "bring me more dressing" - never mind the missing chicken or cashew nuts. Avoid the restaurant until the service and food standards are raised. To be fair I did see someone get a really nice looking Caesar salad there and the french fries were fresh. But the whole having to order via a take out window is ridiculous.
The pool was crowded with so many people I was afraid to go in - there are so many cases of
"hot tub rash" in Vegas - probably because the pools don't get cleaned often enough and they have to dump so many chemicals in. I wish someone smart would offer a SALT WATER spa where they use baking soda and salts to purify the water - no worries about getting a rash with that.
All in all, I would return to this hotel because of The Grand Lux - and the comfy beds.

Room Tip: They are all the same -except for the view - and if that matters to you and you want to spend more f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellingRover
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My wife chose to go to Las Vegas for her birthday so our favorite choice is the Prestige floor of the Palazzo Hotel. We were being joined by our son and daughter-in-law so this floor is ideal as a meeting place. They serve a huge continental breakfast in the morning, cocktails at the open bar from 4-8 PM (hors d'oeuvres too), and then deserts later.
The suites are spectacular- 720 sq ft of absolute luxury. Anything that you can desire is waiting for you and if you can't find it, the Concierge will get it for you immediately.
After 3 days of hedonism, we decided on a surprise renewal of our vows at the Elvis Chapel at 5:30 PM and when we were gone, we asked Deion, our Concierge to sneak into our suite and "set it up" with photos that we brought from home, plus champagne. (I knew but my wife had no clue). She was shocked by the Elvis Chapel surprise but that was just the beginning. When we returned to our room, 3 of us went into the suite to enjoy the continuing celebration- photos and champagne. Our daughter-in-law had to go to the bathroom so she went the other way. She let out a scream and we all came running. She walked out of the bathroom, hysterical laughing, with Deion on her arm. It seems that we got to the suite too early and Deion didn't have time to escape. The only thing that he could think of was to hide in the bathroom and hope that one of the guys showed up first to let him sneak out. Oops, that didn't happen! Poor Deion left with enormous apologies for his error in timing. We roared laughing. Then we realized that Deion may have thought that we were ticked off but that was the opposite of our reaction. I sent my son to find Deion (and a photographer) and bring them back to the room for photos of the best moment of our trip. We had a blast and it was Deion that made the moment extraordinary.
So you can truly experience how good the Prestige floor of the Palazzo is for fun and frolic, here is what else we did in Vegas- Terry Fator show and Tao's Asian restaurant, Rod Stewart show and Rao's Italian restaurant, and finally Del Frisco Steak House. Every moment was fantastic yet all that we talk about is the Prestige floor at the Palazzo and Deion, our favorite concierge.

Room Tip: We love the Prestige floor, the 23rd floor and up. For an extra $100 per room over the normal suite...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I've stayed all over Las Vegas, and while there are hotels with better pools, restaurants, and gaming floors, the Palazzo really has the best rooms. They feel substantial. Very luxurious and spacious, with top-quality materials, fixtures and amenities. The effect is something like old-world, understated elegance. Like some reviewers have noted, the hotel doesn't do glitzy, like the Cosmopolitan, or ostentatious, like Caesar's. It was like a wonderful oasis of calm in the middle of the Strip. I am however, quite disappointed they closed my favorite Mexican restaurant in Vegas, Dos Caminos, last November.

If you're looking for a modicum of serenity in the middle of the Las Vegas Strip, and the quality of the room is important to you, this is a great choice.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo